Thread: Cameras on SSB

Default Cameras on SSB

I noticed that people have posted pictures of people that have been painted on SSB. Of course the pictures had been edited but then again other people said they had pictures they could not show on the webpage.

Are cameras allowed on the SSB? I am no prude and I love the idea of a au natural area but I don't want to come home and see my picture from the au natural area on someone's webpage. Kind of like what they say in Las Vegas what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

I want what happens on SSB to stay at SSB.

Just curious?!

Quote Originally Posted by annarundel View Post
    I noticed that people have posted pictures of people that have been painted on SSB. Of course the pictures had been edited but then again other people said they had pictures they could not show on the webpage.

Are cameras allowed on the SSB? I am no prude and I love the idea of a au natural area but I don't want to come home and see my picture from the au natural area on someone's webpage. Kind of like what they say in Las Vegas what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

I want what happens on SSB to stay at SSB.

Just curious?!

Technicly, cameras are not allowed on SSB... well, photography, anyway. That being said, you can take pictures, as long as you are VERY careful to respect the privacy of others. Pretty much just make sure that there is no one in the background who dosent want to be there. For instance, you could take a picture of your spouse, just make sure theres nobody behind him or her

-The Captain

Please do not stress about this, annarundel. The folks at SSB are very respectful of the other guests. Couples has wisely chosen to keep SSB as an all-nude only facility in part to prevent problems from those whose intentions are other than to enjoy the au-natural experience.

The guidelines at Sunset Beach are for the purpose of fostering a relaxed experience and to provide a mechanism for addressing the RARE issue that comes-up (no pun intended!). It would be a shame if any opportunity for a discreet memento of one's significant other in such a unique and beautiful setting were taken away.

After three wonderful visits to SSB, I have never gotten a hint of any problem regarding your concern. Same with the "couples-only" guideline. Blatant abuse of the rule rarely happens.

The rules state no cameras, but as with some of the other rules, they are flexible. The rules are there to prevent abuse. As long as everyone who is in the photograph has agreed that it's ok, there's no problem. The person taking pictures must clear it with everyone at the beach before the camera is used. If you don't feel comfortable, say so and the camera stays in the bag. I, for one, was grateful that I have some photos from my time at SSB, they were tasteful and fun! There's also an understanding that photos will not be published or shared without consent. By the end of the week I felt that I could trust my new friends! The people at SSB are great!

Annarundel,

I completely understand your concern. Everyone whose picture was posted gave their permission. All of us getting painted were friends and knew we were being photographed.

What's great about the SSB is that no one infringes on someone else's privacy. We were all careful not to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Please don't worry, it is a great place.

The body painting pictures were mine. Everyone in them was asked and gave permission before any pictures were taken.

Technically, not during the AN part of the day. But, some people have it in their bags. No one is taking pictures of anyone without that person's consent, so don't worry about your picture showing up somewhere else. The only time I saw the cameras come out when we were there in December 08 was after the impromptu "body painting" and the person's who's back the painting was on wanted a picture of it. Then with permission the camera came out. I think if it was out indescretionately, the guards would have asked you to put it away, but because of the situation, they allowed it.
    Linda