Default Odd Repeaters Question

My first visit to Couples was to CSA in 2007 with my husband. Since that time, I have endured many life changes. In early 2010, my husband suffered a traumatic brain injury which left him severely cognitively impaired. He will reside in a nursing home the rest of his life. We have since divorced but I still take care of him. About a year and half ago, I was so blessed to have another wonderful man find his way into my life. I was a mess--thrust into single-motherhood, taking care of an invalid, working full-time. The fact that he even looked my way another time tells you what a great guy he is! He has truly stepped-up to the plate and I am so thankful that my kids and entire family have embraced him. It is amazing that God knows just what you need. As a surprise 40th birthday gift for him, I booked us a trip to CB in December. To say we are looking forward to it is an understatement! I am excited to get the "Couples Experience" again, but hopefully by going to entirely different island, we can make it "our" place. So finally, here is my question: do we (I) qualify for the Repeater's Dinner?

Yes you do.

Yes you do. Enjoy!! So glad you have been able to find a gem. I just recently went through a divorce and have also found a gem that I can't wait to share CN with.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I would say yes, I hope you have a great time

I believe if one of you are a repeater, you gualify, but I am not certain. If you are signed up for the Romance Rewards, that I believe goes by whoever signed up.
    Linda

I would say yes as you are the repeater.

Default Ask Couples

Quote Originally Posted by vjp1974 View Post
    My first visit to Couples was to CSA in 2007 with my husband. Since that time, I have endured many life changes. In early 2010, my husband suffered a traumatic brain injury which left him severely cognitively impaired. He will reside in a nursing home the rest of his life. We have since divorced but I still take care of him. About a year and half ago, I was so blessed to have another wonderful man find his way into my life. I was a mess--thrust into single-motherhood, taking care of an invalid, working full-time. The fact that he even looked my way another time tells you what a great guy he is! He has truly stepped-up to the plate and I am so thankful that my kids and entire family have embraced him. It is amazing that God knows just what you need. As a surprise 40th birthday gift for him, I booked us a trip to CB in December. To say we are looking forward to it is an understatement! I am excited to get the "Couples Experience" again, but hopefully by going to entirely different island, we can make it "our" place. So finally, here is my question: do we (I) qualify for the Repeater's Dinner?
    We, as guests, obviously can't answer that question. So glad you found a new love, and equally sorry that your husband is in such a bad state. Contact Couples directly for the answer to your question.

I think you would have to call and ask..I know romance rewards expire after four years..

Probably not, because the reward points drop off every 4 years.

**Actually, I'm going to correct myself on this. I believe I interpreted the program wrong. According to the second benefit below, it appears that you have dropped back to the first level, but still will get an invite to the Repeater Dinner.

First Love [0-5 Nights Previously Stayed]

-Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange (10am- 4pm) with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance. (10am- 4pm)

-Invitation to the Repeat Guests Dinner on all your repeat visits.
    Last edited by dank120; June 10th, 2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Correction

I would think so. Hubby and I got married at CSA in 2004. Went to CN in 2006. But hadn't been back to Couples since. We just went to CSS this past March. I just verbally told them at check in that we have been to CSA/CN before (and the years) and asked if we could attend the Repeaters Dinner and they said of course. And added us. They didn't have Romance Rewards back then so we didn't get credit for our previous stays to get the other perks. Which is fine. It had been so long anyways.

So I'm sure if you just tell them where you have been and when at check in, they will add you as well. :-)
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Even though rewards points drop off after 4 years, you will still maintain your "Young Love" status and be able to attend the Repeater's Dinner.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    Probably not, because the reward points drop off every 4 years.

**Actually, I'm going to correct myself on this. I believe I interpreted the program wrong. According to the second benefit below, it appears that you have dropped back to the first level, but still will get an invite to the Repeater Dinner.

First Love [0-5 Nights Previously Stayed]

-Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange (10am- 4pm) with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance. (10am- 4pm)

-Invitation to the Repeat Guests Dinner on all your repeat visits.
    I'm going to agree with dank120. It was seven years between our first visit to a Couples Resort and our second visit. We lost all our Romance Rewards points but we were still able to attend the Repeat Guests Dinner.