Hybrid View

Default Stand Up Paddle Boarding

Randy-mon --
    Is there any chance of adding stand-up paddle boarding to the water sports at Couples Negril? It originated in Hawaii, but it's getting increasingly popular here in the Charleston, SC, area. Visit http://www.eastcoastpaddlesurfing.com/ for more information on the sport. While the initial photos show people going through waves, it's actually perfect for calmer water, i.e., Bloody Bay.

kybluehen:

I talked to my Negril expert, he has lived in Negril for the past 10 plus years, to try to find you a place to rent a board if you wanted to. He told me he has never seen boards for rent because the water is to calm unless tropical depression or worse yet a hurricane is in the area. According to him the best spot in Jamaica for this sport and rent a board is on the east/south east side of the island.
    Irie Mon

As I said above, the sport is perfect for calm water. You could do it in a swimming pool. I'll just have to try it here at Isle of Palms sometime.

I'm not really interested in leaving the resort; there is enough to keep us occupied at Couples. I just wanted to pass on the suggestion for a future activity which several guests would enjoy for the novelty.