Default If you could only eat dinner @ ONE place @ CN, which one? (Also, Beach Party?)

(And why, please.)

Actually, this is sort of a multi-part question...

The reason I'm asking is, we have a split stay booked CSA/CN, but we are only at CN from Wed-Sat, and their beach party is on Thursday. One night we'd like to do the tree house dinner, so that leaves us with one night to eat at one of the other restaurants.

Also, we've been to the beach party at CSA and really enjoyed it. Is the CN beach party similar (lots of food, live entertainment, tables on the beach)?

I'm almost embarrassed to admit, our trip is not until Oct 2014, but researching, looking at the message board, etc. is keeping me sane until we can visit Paradise again!

Thanks in advance!

Beth (& Marc) - CSA/CN in too many days to count

CN's Beach Party is fun, and although I've never been to CSA, it sounds similar. Big buffet of all sorts of food, tables on the beach and live entertainment, followed by a bonfire on the beach. But, the bigger question is: What night are you going to do the treehouse dinner? It only matters, because Fri night is lobster night, and if you plan on eating lobster that night, it's the same preparation at all of the restaurants, so it doesn't matter which restaurant you eat at. That being said, if you are eating in a restaurant on Wed night, I would go with Otaheite, but the problem with that is, depending on what time you arrive, you may not get a decent reservation time. If it was between Cassava (a la carte), Lychee, and Heliconia, for pure variety of choices ana from past experiences, I would personally go with Cassava (only if it's a la carte that night).
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

Lychee is the place! We kept going back over and over. They have this appetizer sampler platter that is to die for! My favorite drink is The Lychee Martini. Their soups are wonderful too. My husband said he was not a big fan of Thai food before we went and he ended up LOVING thisl place.

the beach party is better in CN as it is smaller and there are no big line ups. Go early just before it starts to get the best table and the least queues. Go to Lychee, we ate here 4 times and you dont need to book. Great shared platter starters, The mongolian lamb is to die for, the sweets are amazing, and the lychee cocktail is a nice perk. Enjoy

Lychee was definitely a highlight of our stay.

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by MBMon View Post
    (And why, please.)

Actually, this is sort of a multi-part question...

The reason I'm asking is, we have a split stay booked CSA/CN, but we are only at CN from Wed-Sat, and their beach party is on Thursday. One night we'd like to do the tree house dinner, so that leaves us with one night to eat at one of the other restaurants.

Also, we've been to the beach party at CSA and really enjoyed it. Is the CN beach party similar (lots of food, live entertainment, tables on the beach)?

I'm almost embarrassed to admit, our trip is not until Oct 2014, but researching, looking at the message board, etc. is keeping me sane until we can visit Paradise again!

Thanks in advance!

Beth (& Marc) - CSA/CN in too many days to count

I would eat at Heliconia. You can sit on their deck and watch the sunset while you eat. The front corner table was a beautiful spot and the food is excellent!

I can't really remember the beach party, I only remember the fire throwers as part of the entertainment, that was cool.

I'm usually reading the message boards on my lunch breaks. It keeps me sane too. It reminds me why I work so hard every year... so I can go to Couples again!

CN 6/2009, CSS 4/2013, and again CN 6/2014... exactly 365 days away.

It really depends on what you're looking for. I must say that the beach party dinner isn't our favorite -- but that's just us. If you have one night, I'd go with Lychee or Otaheite (if you can get reservations for the night you want). That said, Cassava's International buffet is very good and we are among the fans of Heliconia.

However, if ONLY one night, I'd probably pick Lychee -- nice atmosphere, you can be as casual or dressy as you want, terrific food and terrific service. Enjoy.

I'd go to Heliconia for sure! We eat there often. I like to go to Lychee for the appetizer platter, then Heliconia for the main, then to wherever had the best dessert and take it back to the room for later.

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    CN's Beach Party is fun, and although I've never been to CSA, it sounds similar. Big buffet of all sorts of food, tables on the beach and live entertainment, followed by a bonfire on the beach. But, the bigger question is: What night are you going to do the treehouse dinner? It only matters, because Fri night is lobster night, and if you plan on eating lobster that night, it's the same preparation at all of the restaurants, so it doesn't matter which restaurant you eat at. That being said, if you are eating in a restaurant on Wed night, I would go with Otaheite, but the problem with that is, depending on what time you arrive, you may not get a decent reservation time. If it was between Cassava (a la carte), Lychee, and Heliconia, for pure variety of choices ana from past experiences, I would personally go with Cassava (only if it's a la carte that night).
    Thank you very much! Good point about lobster night!

We may not do the tree house dinner now, so that will open things up a bit. It's between that, doing the private sunset cruise at CSA or the dinner of 100 candles at Ivan's.

Thanks again for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    Lychee is the place! We kept going back over and over. They have this appetizer sampler platter that is to die for! My favorite drink is The Lychee Martini. Their soups are wonderful too. My husband said he was not a big fan of Thai food before we went and he ended up LOVING thisl place.
    Good to know! I've never eaten Thai but have wanted to try it.

Just like any day at CN. First, check the evening menus and then choose the restaurant. The menus are posted outside the Cassava Terrance every day.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Thanks for all the input!