Thread: Rum Cream

Hybrid View

Default Rum Cream

When is rum cream used, rather than blending or mixing rum with cream?

Rum cream is a drink. It's like bailey's but made with rum.

To put on ice, sip and enjoy!!! Ummmmm, rum cream!!

Rum cream is not just rum and cream. It is a special rum blended with dairy cream, exotic Jamaican fruits, and special spices.

It is used to make a humming bird, grand slam, mud slide, Jamaican browning and many other drinks. It is also very good on vanilla ice cream. I like rum cream with just ice. It is also used in cooking.
    Irie Mon

I Love it over the rocks!! My hubby loves it in his coffee!!!
    Kristen

We came up with a new drink( but its probably been done)
    in a blender,
    2-3 ounces Sangsters banana rum cream, 2-3 scoops french vanilla ice cream, a dash of vanilla flavouring, one banana, 6-8 ounces of chocolate milk., a little crushed ice. if its too sweet go half and half with regular milk..

we called it Spoiled Rotten Dirty Banana's...
    took 5 minutes to make and about 1 minute before we had to remake ..

WOW that Spoiled Rotten Dirty Banana sounds yummy! I love rum cream over ice and am now down to rationing it until we return to CSA in February!

Quote Originally Posted by PermanentVacashun View Post
    We came up with a new drink( but its probably been done)
    in a blender,
    2-3 ounces Sangsters banana rum cream, 2-3 scoops french vanilla ice cream, a dash of vanilla flavouring, one banana, 6-8 ounces of chocolate milk., a little crushed ice. if its too sweet go half and half with regular milk..

we called it Spoiled Rotten Dirty Banana's...
    took 5 minutes to make and about 1 minute before we had to remake ..
    opps I almost made a big mistake, also add 1-2 oz of Kahlua(or Tia Maria).

now its dirty...

PV

PermanentVacashun,

I ran out of Sangsters Banana Rum Cream about a month ago , but will be bringing more home in a couple weeks...so I will have to try that one!

Has anyone ever tried the banana rum cream in blue mountain coffee? Thought I would give it a try, but I would hate to "ruin" either ingredient!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

As above, but I'll just add to what dandj said: Bailey's is a whiskey cream, so if you just imagine the taste of that but with a touch of that distinctive molasses and sugarcane juice in the background. I'm actually not a big fan of rum (bad experience in Puerto Rico, don't ask), but I LOVE rum cream. It's great in coffee, blended in drinks or just served on the rocks. We ran out months ago, so that's the first thing I'll be drinking when I arrive in November! (And I'm going to try to pack extra-light to bring more back this time).

Sangsters Rum cream over Blue Bell Natural Vanilla Bean ice cream - now that's heaven!!! We keep it in the freezer right next to the ice cream - it's also good straight up right out of the freezer - yummy both ways!!!

Great prices at the airport...

Did someone say RUM CREAM? It is said that "Rum Cream" was invented by Dr. Ian Sangster, he was a Scottsman that came to the island in 1967 to lecture at the University of the West Indies, in Mona, Jamaica(by Kingston). Dr. Sangster soon fell in love with the island and decided to stay, he got a great idea that he wanted to make rum cream, much like Bailey's, that was introduced in 1974. He set up residence in the foothills of the Blue Mountains after leaving the University and began work. Sangsters Rum Cream was introduced in 1983 and has been winning awards since. Sangsters and Lilifields are the rum cream that you will get at CSA, I like a Lillifields over ice with a Sangsters floater. Rum cream is great in your coffee, fantastic over ice on the beach or in a Dirty Banana or Hummingbird just to name two. When evening come it makes the sunset really "pop" and it's great just before dinner. Desert you say, why rum cream makes a fantastic desert. What to have before going to bed Rum cream, makes a fantastic night cap. Who knew that RUM CREAM was more than rum and cream, but a very versitile rum based liqueur with cream and exotic spices. There is one Rum Cream that I know we can get in Minnesota, it's Cruzan from the Virgin Islands, don't waste your money. I wouldn't call it brutal, but...I have 67 days to devise a plan to bring back as much Rum cream as I can. No banana rum cream, no coconut rum cream, no coffee rum cream, but Sangsters and Lilifields. Because we are flying home though Memphis and transfering to make it to Minneapolis, I will not just be able to let Jamaica Farewell take care of wrapping up some bottles and waltzing onto then off the plane, this is going to take planning. Maybe I'll have to break into one of the last two bottles tonight and think hard about it...67 days 'til Rum Cream All I Want!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It is great in your coffee 2!

Rum cream is also delicious in iced coffee!!

Must agree w/ cactus, in that the banana rum cream is "in my humble opinion".....gross...it wreaks of that artificial banana flavor(think now & later candy)..shame, too, when you think of how yummy a hummingbird or dirty banana tastes, w/ rum cream and ripe banana