Default What time for wedding/vow renewal has worked for you?

Hi Everyone;

It's been 25 years since my husband & I were married at CSA during under the sunset. At that time there was no charge or specific times you had to pick compared to now. So, we are wondering if the sunset is worth the extra charge or what time have others picked for weather/heat has worked for you? We did resevered the 4pm, but now our thinking is maybe morning would be better?

Thank you

We had 10 am and had glorious weather, still warm but not a cloud in the sky.

Thanks for the input softall19 Did you have time to get ready and everything?

Bluerosemarie, yes the wedding coordinator made my hair appointment maybe for 830? It's been almost 10 years already yikes! I had enough time. Good luck whichever you choose, it'll be great

Name:  IMG_20110307_124110.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  277.2 KB
    It's a tough choice Bluerose, Ive seen some really pretty sunset pics but we liked the morning. Maybe 11 am might be better, not so rushed? I have fine hair and even at 10 am in Feb it was still warm and my hair did wilt even with hairspray. Maybe an updo next time

We decided to change our time for the renewal of vows from 4:30pm to 11am. Our thinking is if something does go wrong then we have plenty of time to address it. Thank you very much, for the input and the picture of your wedding "softall19", your dress is so pretty!.

Fantastic! Have a great time and let us know how it turns out. We want pictures!

We did the sunset ceremony and frankly I would not spend the money on that again. The reason is when we went(JUne) the sunset was about 2 1/2 hours later than the "sunset ceremony". If you want an afternoon time then just go with the last time that doesnt cost extra. From a photography standpoint I would not want a mid day wedding as harsh shadows tend to be much worse then. Morning or late afternoon would be my preference.
    Scott & Becca
    Houston
    Caffreys Photography

Thank you Scott C,
    We land up changing out time from the 4pm to 11am, due to some other reviews I have read. We did the sunset wedding 25 years ago there at CSA when it didn't cost anything but just to show up on time....LOL Thanks for your input it really helps to hear what others have done and what worked/or not. Oh, Congrats on your wedding! Many happy years to come :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Blurosemarie1 View Post
    Thank you Scott C,
    We land up changing out time from the 4pm to 11am, due to some other reviews I have read. We did the sunset wedding 25 years ago there at CSA when it didn't cost anything but just to show up on time....LOL Thanks for your input it really helps to hear what others have done and what worked/or not. Oh, Congrats on your wedding! Many happy years to come :-)
    Your sweet Marie. I guess I should have clarified, we did a 30th anniversary vow renewal when we were there. I welcome the many years to come though just as I wish you guys the same. One thing that we did was hire an outside photographer that took us up to the light house and then down to a different beach and we did get sunset pics. That was really what we wanted so I suppose the sunset time worked out ok for us. Hard part was finding a photographer we really liked. We are picky since we are wedding photographers here in Houston.
    Scott & Becca
    Houston
    Caffreys Photography