Default CSS - can we go to CTI to take catamaran cruise?

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about the catamaran cruise at CTI.

We have been to CTI twice. The first time we went on the cat cruise and it was one of the highlights of our trip. The second time we went there were high winds so the cat cruise could not go, so we missed out. ):

This time, we would like to try something new so we are going to CSS. But, knowing that the catamaran cannot come in over the reef at CSS, is it possible to get a cab to CTI to take the cruise?

Thanks for your help.

TLB

Having not been to the OR side, this is by no means a definitive answer, but, according to Trading Places policy, you cannot engage in reservation activities at the other resort, such as scuba and cat cruise.
    Last edited by dank120; June 13th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.

unfortunately you cannot.

Nope , just for registered guests sorry

Short answer, no. You can book a similar cruise through a tour operator, but of course will have to pay out of pocket.

S/F
    Scott and June

The lates info from Randymon is that unless you are a registered guest at CTI you cannot take the CAT cruise. If someone has different info, please share!!!:-)

It's a perk of staying at CTI. Sorry No.

Ok. Thanks for your help.

We just booked to go to CSS and just realized that there is no Cat cruise. We were reserved to do the Cat when we stayed to CTI back in March but the day we were scheduled to go it was too windy (it was quite windy a couple of days at CTI) - hence why we switched to the more sheltered CSS for our next stay. Totally bummed to realize we won't be able to do a Cat cruise. I hope Couples tries to figure out something for the future - kinda sucks that CSS is the only Couples resort that doesn't offer a cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadude View Post
    We just booked to go to CSS and just realized that there is no Cat cruise. We were reserved to do the Cat when we stayed to CTI back in March but the day we were scheduled to go it was too windy (it was quite windy a couple of days at CTI) - hence why we switched to the more sheltered CSS for our next stay. Totally bummed to realize we won't be able to do a Cat cruise. I hope Couples tries to figure out something for the future - kinda sucks that CSS is the only Couples resort that doesn't offer a cruise.
    What's with this anyway? Having been twice to CTI we also decided to do a different location and booked CSS for February 2014. The catamaran was something we enjoyed on both of our trips to CTI. On both of those trips to CTI, the catamaran did NOT pick up at CTI. Instead, everyone was shuttled to the dock where the catamaran departed and were shuttled back to CTI post catamaran cruise. If I'm not mistaken, CSS is even closer to the catamaran dock than is CTI. If there is a shuttle from CTI to the catamaran, what is the logic in denying guests at CSS the opportunity to participate in this activity?

If it was just us, we might just say "so what" and go on, we've done that activity twice and will find other new things to explore at CSS. Since we talked another couple into traveling to Couples CSS at the same time as us and a second couple to join us there for several days, both of them first time Couples guests, I hope they are not terribly dissappointed since this is one of the activities that we have talked up about our trips to Couples.

I too hope that Couples would find a way to be inclusive of their CSS guests in this activity.