Default Shoe Question for CSA

Will these shoes be appropriate for my husband to wear at Feathers and the other nice restaurants at CSA? Thanks!

43 days left until we will be at CSA!!!Name:  IMG_6035.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  293.7 KB
    Erin & Patrick

No, those are beach sandals, Feathers is a fine dining restaurant. You can probably get away with those at the Palms or the beach party. If you must have sandals, they make nice leather ones that cover most of the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by suttonjamaica View Post
    Will these shoes be appropriate for my husband to wear at Feathers and the other nice restaurants at CSA? Thanks!

43 days left until we will be at CSA
    You would probably be okay at the other restaurants, but I think you'd be under dressed at Feathers.
    Last edited by Kyle; August 6th, 2013 at 08:46 AM.

No, those are sandals, not shoes.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Thanks for the replies. My husband already had these, so I wanted to be sure before we went out and bought new shoes for him. Thanks!
    Erin & Patrick

The dress code for Feathers changed this past year to include "dress sandals" for men. Women always could. I prefer closed shoes myself as it is the fanciest restaurant on the resort with "resort" being the definitive word. That being said, they do allow nicer sandals in the restaurant. Slacks and collared shirts are still required for the men. No flip flops for either men or women.

my husband has some nice leather sandals, but i am not taking any chances, i just went and bought some "boat" shoes. Sams club had some margarittavile ones on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    The dress code for Feathers changed this past year to include "dress sandals" for men. Women always could. I prefer closed shoes myself as it is the fanciest restaurant on the resort with "resort" being the definitive word. That being said, they do allow nicer sandals in the restaurant. Slacks and collared shirts are still required for the men. No flip flops for either men or women.
    Thanks, I knew I had read about the change, but wanted to see if these would work before spending the money on something different for my husband. We are bringing these, but my husband is going to look for something a little less "beach" looking.
    Erin & Patrick

No they will be fine!

Went there last Saturday and saw flip-flops and open-toed sandals. The dress code sign (posted on menus in Patois and Palms) now does not mention anything about shoes at all. I posted thread and pic of that dress code but it was moderated out.

Enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by rikor; September 16th, 2013 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    No, those are sandals, not shoes.
    closed toed sandals are fine.

The dress policy for Feathers was changed this past year to allow dress sandals for men. I still prefer lightweight shoes as this is the nicest restaurant at a five star RESORT not beach hut get away. That is my preference though as there I see nothing special about walking into a room and seeing people in shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, caps, etc. At least look like you belong at the top one restaurant at any Couples Resort.
    Here is the new dress code: Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

Those are not dress sandals and I would not risk it. Either invest in some dress sandals (if he would wear them elsewhere later) or just have him wear closed toed shoes when you go to Feathers. Patois, Lemon Grass and Palms, which are more casual, have a different dress code from Feathers. Also, though flip flops may have been spotted at Patois, this is fine for breakfast and lunch, but not really for a fine dining dinner where people are expected to make a little more effort. The Palms and the pool grill are very casual and great spots for when you just don't feel like making as much as an effort. Also, sometimes rules are not enforced perhaps due to a recent change in rules, new staff or just being too busy to notice. However, that doesn't mean they won't be enforced when you show up for your reservation. My SO has been asked to go back to the room for different shoes when we have shown up for dinner an he was wearing dress sandals (prior to the new rule).