Thread: CTI Coffee Bar

Default CTI Coffee Bar

I just read on a thread that the CTI coffee bar in the gift shop by the veggie bar is closed. Can anyone who's been there recently let me know if that's true? I hope not! I loved my iced coffees in the morning!

Yes, the gift shop/coffee bar located directly on the beach is being converted into a nightclub. More details - soon come.

Couples Resorts

Wait...whaaa?

Can I still get my, much needed, latte to infuse with some rum cream from somewhere on property?

Randy! Did you say night club? Woohoo! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this project will be completed prior to our CTI trip for Sept 21-28!
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Yes, the gift shop/coffee bar located directly on the beach is being converted into a nightclub. More details - soon come.
    Any idea when it will be completed or when we can get more details? We'll be there in August, and while I was looking forward to a Cappucchino with breakfast, if the nightclub is done by then itmight make up for it! C'mon Randymon, more details please!

Default WOOHOO!! Nightclub dance club would be great!!!

Yes, the gift shop/coffee bar located directly on the beach is being converted into a nightclub. More details - soon come. I have been wanting a dance club with air conditioning for a while now. When will it be open and thanks again!!!

That was a very small space. Is there space behind it that they are expanding into??
    Vicky

I'm with KrisJamie - will we still be able to get our coffee drinks somewhere on the property? I love my iced coffee with rum cream!

I think a night club sounds like a fun addition, though that area did seem kind of small when it was the gift shop. Are they expanding the area to make it larger? Maybe they're just anticipating that a small percentage of guests will take advantage of the club?

I definitely hope that the fancier coffee drinks will be available elsewhere on the resort, though. We only took advantage of the espresso machine once on our last trip but would likely visit daily when we return in January.

What about the noise into the late hours mostly heard by room above in the main building???? NOoooooo!!!!

randymon any update? We will be there at the end of August and would lvoe to know if we are gonna have a club to go to!

Does anyone have an update on the opening of the dance club at CTI?
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

We were hoping the club would be open by October but I'm hearing that nothing has been done to the space. Can we please have an update so we know what to expect when we return home?

The thread "CTI Nght Club" (yes, the i is missing in the thread) asks these same questions. Here's the latest post by cmease:

We were there through July 8th. All the gift shop displays were still in the store in their original location. No work converting it to a night club had begun. They had covered the windows for the most part so people can't see in, but there were a few gaps. Sorry to disappoint, but it probably won't be ready for a while.

I keep hoping the conversion can be done in 5 or 6 weeks, because we will be there Aug 18 - 27th. I'll post status on this soon after arrival for those coming in the next couple of months.

I've been monitoring TA also, and so far nobody that's been there in July or returned in the first week of August has posted any mention of the Night Club. I've sent messages to a couple asking for updates so I'll post anything I get back.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I just got a response back from a person who had posted a review on TA for her stay from July 29th to Aug 2nd. I asked her about the night club and this was her response:

At Couples Tower Isle? We didn't notice any construction while we were there. There was only one gift shop there as well as a small table set up outside near towel exchange where you could buy small handmade stuff.

Doesn't sound like the conversion is being worked on, or they're being very very good at keeping it under wraps and somehow I guess remarkably quiet! I doubt it could be done with no sawing or hammering, so I'm just going to assume the project has been stalled for some reason. Oh well, we already have reservations for next August too, so maybe it'll be done by then!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman799 View Post
    Sorry for the multiple posts, but I just got a response back from a person who had posted a review on TA for her stay from July 29th to Aug 2nd. I asked her about the night club and this was her response:

At Couples Tower Isle? We didn't notice any construction while we were there. There was only one gift shop there as well as a small table set up outside near towel exchange where you could buy small handmade stuff.

Doesn't sound like the conversion is being worked on, or they're being very very good at keeping it under wraps and somehow I guess remarkably quiet! I doubt it could be done with no sawing or hammering, so I'm just going to assume the project has been stalled for some reason. Oh well, we already have reservations for next August too, so maybe it'll be done by then!
    Keep in mind, that reviewer obviously missed the huge gift shop, and mistook a vendor's table for one. Perspective!

LOL

Hopefully Randymon can chime in soon, or just fly me out for a weekend and I'll do a write up.

Thanks for the info sandman!

Randymon - any update on the night club, and if I will be able to get my iced coffee somewhere in October?

We were there in April and rumor had it that it was going to be completed shortly. Everyone had a good chuckle over this! Jamaica time, mon.

These projects always progress on Island Time. It will be done when it is done and not a moment sooner.

We just got home from CTI yesterday (Aug 14). As of now the "disco" is still an empty room. I asked about it and they didn't seem to have it as a priority or a quick project. I would just assume it won't be done anytime soon and continue to enjoy the nightly entertainment in the veggie bar and buffet restaurant.

You CAN get espresso type drinks in the piano bar and eight rivers though. I had a cappuccino nightly either with dinner or immediately after.

I checked on the progress of the new "disco" when we were there (8-23/31) and it is being worked on. I talked to one of the workers and think from what he told me it will be a while before it opens. It is being worked on in "Jamaican Time-No problem Mon". Unless a wall is coming down, it will be rather small.

To those coming back from CTI recently or Randymon: Is there anywhere to get a morning latte or cappuccino? Also any updates on the nightclub would be appreciated. Thanks! 95 days and counting to our first trip CTI.