Hybrid View

Default Which resort for Honeymoon ...pls help me decide

Travelling to Jamaica at the end of May next year for our Honeymoon - after spending the 1st wk in Orlando..
    We are looking for total R&R and hope we have made a good decision by going for Couples over S...

Now we just need help deciding which resort is best..
    Firstly I know May is rainy season - is the weather usually better in Negril than Ocho Rios or vise versa??
    Does it rain a lot - i would be gutted if it rained all day every day!

So when it comes down to the resort what is best for the following
    . Nice Pools - choice of a quiter pool that doesnt have lots of day time activities
    . Swim Up Bar
    . Nice beach (although we are more 'pool' people)
    . Good size room, balcony / terrace, A/C, TV, Mini-Bar, seperate seating area would be nice, quiet location (light sleepers)
    (Understand we may need to updgrade for a room that covers all of this)
    . Good selection of restaurants for lunch / dinner. (I am quite fussy with my food)
    . Snack Bar
    . Good evening entertainment - not worried about a night club or anything just something to keep us amused.
    . Which resort has more of the 'wow' factor and is suitable for our age group (late 20's)

I have trawlled endlessy through information / reviews etc but still cannot decide..
    Pls help!!
    Thanks

It is my understanding that the West End (Negril) of the island generally receives less rain that the rest of the island. However, it is not uncommon for it to rain for a short time (30 min-1 hour) every afternoon. That being said, May is not the "peak" of the rainy season, so you will likely have lots of sunshine no matter which resort you choose.

I have not been to CTI, so I cannot give my opinions on that resort.

Nice Pools - all of the resorts have nice pools. CSA has a large lap pool in the fitness area that is very rarely used by anyone. The other two pools typically aren't crowded either. CSS has two pools that are less frequently used; the mineral pool and the pool behind the lobby. CN's pool is fantastic, but it is usually the center of activity.

Swim-Up Bar - all of the resorts have one...and they are lots of fun!

Nice beach - is very subjective. All of the resorts have beautiful beaches; those at CSS and CTI are private coves, while those at CSA and CN are long public beaches.

Room - in my opinion, CSS covers this list most adequately.

Restaurants - You will have a great selection no matter where you go. Check out the "Dining" section for each resort and you can view sample menus of what is available for each meal.

Snack Bar - CSA, CN and CSS all have a beach grill type of restaurant that offers some of the more common quick "comfort" foods (hamburgers, fries, nachos, etc). I assume CTI does also. If it is desserts you are looking for, find the buffet at which ever resort you choose...they usually have a fantastic spread!

Entertainment - is pretty much equal among the resorts.

"Wow" factor - really depends on what makes you say "wow". We are also in our late 20's (well, my husband just entered the 30's, but close enough ) and have thoroughly enjoyed all three of the resorts we have visited. Our "wows" for each resort were as follows: for absolute beauty - CSS; for socialization - CN; for "home" - CSA.

I don't know that I have helped you in any way...the resorts are stunning. If you really just can't decide, you may consider doing a Secret Rendezvous. Have fun deciding!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Hi

Personally i would chose Couples Negril, i have not been to Ochos Rhios. However i think negril is pure luxuary and a lot more classy. You will not find a nicer beach than negril. I am having my wedding there next year.

Quote Originally Posted by martinej1 View Post
    Travelling to Jamaica at the end of May next year for our Honeymoon - after spending the 1st wk in Orlando..
    We are looking for total R&R and hope we have made a good decision by going for Couples over S...

Now we just need help deciding which resort is best..
    Firstly I know May is rainy season - is the weather usually better in Negril than Ocho Rios or vise versa??
    Does it rain a lot - i would be gutted if it rained all day every day!

So when it comes down to the resort what is best for the following
    . Nice Pools - choice of a quiter pool that doesnt have lots of day time activities
    . Swim Up Bar
    . Nice beach (although we are more 'pool' people)
    . Good size room, balcony / terrace, A/C, TV, Mini-Bar, seperate seating area would be nice, quiet location (light sleepers)
    (Understand we may need to updgrade for a room that covers all of this)
    . Good selection of restaurants for lunch / dinner. (I am quite fussy with my food)
    . Snack Bar
    . Good evening entertainment - not worried about a night club or anything just something to keep us amused.
    . Which resort has more of the 'wow' factor and is suitable for our age group (late 20's)

I have trawlled endlessy through information / reviews etc but still cannot decide..
    Pls help!!
    Thanks

Couples Sans Souci all the way they have great pools even a special mineral pool and is the most romantic Couples resort. All couples resorts have everything on your list.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club