Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default HELP! Hair Products Advise

Hello Fellow Couples Fans,

I am reaching out to all you ladies who have the same dreaded problem as me and have found a solution. I love going to the Carribean but dread what it does to my hair!! I have naturally straight hair but the air causes my hair to frizz very bad!!! It is so frustrating getting all dressed up for dinner and doing my hair (which is fine when I am in the room). Within 5 minutes of being outdoors the frizz starts. I can feel my bangs disappear.LOL!! I have tried various products that claim to prevent the frizz but to no avail. Have you have this problem? If so, what product have you used that works? I want to be able to get some nice night photos without the frizz. Please Help!!! Not worried about the daytime hair, a hat solves this problem.
    12/2010 CN
    04/2011 CSA
    02/2012 CSA
    12/2013 CB

I have the same problem; mine pretty much typically stays in a ponytail. Try Tressame Keratin shampoo and conditioner and anti-frizz; I used it in April and had better hair. I just did "REAL" Keratin last week and I have to say it's AMAZING!!! Only problem with that and the sea is you have to avoid salt products

I would also like to know what the ladies recommend. I have fairly straight (and fine) hair too but let me get near any humidity and....poof! Hello frizz I dislike having my picture taken to begin with but with a bad hair day - ughh.

I just let mine go naturally curly while I'm there, saves time, plus, it's such a waste of time worrying about something so trivial as frizz. Enjoy paradise without worries, mon!

Im a beauty industry professional and have been to Jamaica CSS several times. Many women are faced with this problem. Solutions are always different for everyone dependingnon hair type, products, relative humidity, etc. Almost impossible to get hair not to frizz. On that note there are a couple things you can do to eleviate some of the frizz. One, the week before you vacation ( as long as you want your hair straight) vist a salon the does keratin straightening and have them give you a service. Keratin express or Coppola keratin complex will work the best followed with their shampoos and conditioners. The treatment will last 4-8 week. This will keep your hair smooth and the cuticle shut to keep moisture out. Smoothing oils such as moroccan oil will help as well. For your fall back plan prepare yourself for updos using elastics or clips.

No suggestions as I have same issue. BUT I find myself wearing my hair curly most of the time there. I have straight hair with some wave to it so I use curl foam to scrunch and then lots of hairspray and scrunch until I get it where I want it. If part of my hair won't scrunch I pull it back and pin with a flower or barrette. The humidity helps my hair curl nicely. I would post a photo of my hair in Mexico last year but can't figure out how lol.

Wen conditioning cleanser - it's a shampoo and conditioner in one - but it doesn't have "detergent" in it and doesn't dry out your hair. My hair is normally instant frizz any time it's hot and/or humid. With that stuff - no problem, nice calm hair. I was at CSS in April, and survived the whole week without the frizzies! You can buy it on line through the company or through Sephora. I recommend Sephora if you just want to try it. I've been using it for about a year now.
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

I bought a little travel container of, I believe, John Freida's Frizz Ease mousse. Do not get the hairspray, though. I tried the hairspray the first night and it was like glue in my hair. It was in the trash after that. Good luck!

Have the same problem and gave up down there! I bought what I thought was to be a humidity friendly hairspray, but it didn't help. Take pictures early and pray for limited frizz!

If you get an answer let me know. I gave up and just do a cute updo with a little bang braid!!!

Same here.... I just wear my hair up at dinner.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Thank-You all for the great suggestions. I guess I should have mentioned that I have shorter hair (a bob) which does not allow me to put my hair in a ponytail or even pin it back. I had long hair until recently and didn't have much of a problem then. I would just put it up in a bun. The only struggle was the bangs. I have been to Couples since the new cut and it was awful!! I do not have the option of natural curls either. It goes from straight to frizz - no in between.

I am going to first try the Wen Cleansing Conditioner. I read reviews online and they are very favourable towards this product. I have already placed my order!! I ordered the 30 day starter kit that comes with the cleansing conditioner, antifrizz styling creme, remoise intensive hair treatment, volumizing spray and a texure balm. I do hope my solution has been found!!! On the plus side, we are not going to Couples until December so I do have time on my side to try the various suggestions you all so kindly came forward with. I will keep you all posted
    12/2010 CN
    04/2011 CSA
    02/2012 CSA
    12/2013 CB

Quote Originally Posted by it5oclocksomewhere View Post
    Hello Fellow Couples Fans,

I am reaching out to all you ladies who have the same dreaded problem as me and have found a solution. I love going to the Carribean but dread what it does to my hair!! I have naturally straight hair but the air causes my hair to frizz very bad!!! It is so frustrating getting all dressed up for dinner and doing my hair (which is fine when I am in the room). Within 5 minutes of being outdoors the frizz starts. I can feel my bangs disappear.LOL!! I have tried various products that claim to prevent the frizz but to no avail. Have you have this problem? If so, what product have you used that works? I want to be able to get some nice night photos without the frizz. Please Help!!! Not worried about the daytime hair, a hat solves this problem.
    We leave for CSA tomorrow, and last night I was hovering over my suitcase trying to decide whether to pack my straightening iron. Then I thought nope, I'm just going to frizz it out for the week. The idea of being trapped in a bathroom with a straightening iron while on vacation is NOT appealing to me. So, fro it is.

This was my answer one year. I have Curly hair and at the length it was at for that trip my hair just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Name:  308402_2472886828702_1448362661_2749440_189401043_n[1].jpg
Views: 649
Size:  79.0 KB

Moroccan oil works well for me. It's expensive but it's worth it.
    Christy

Coconut oil! Also, I did several protein and deep conditioning treatments before I left.

Its amazing to me how many people have this frizz problem with their hair, because whenever I go south it seems like there are so many people with beautiful silky normal hair even in the humidity. I feel like I am the only one who has this problem.

I like a combination Moroccan oil and It's a 10 leave in conditioner. I really want to get a Brazilian Blowout before our trip, but it's expensive. Blah, it's hard enough keeping my hair straight at home, usually I just go with the curly in Jamaica. Between the humidity and plain old sweating my hair does not stay straight very long anyway.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

I live in South FL so frizz is my constant companion. I'm now 10 days post-keratin treatment (and we've had monsoons basically every day)... ZERO FRIZZ and my hair is board-straight! Love it!

Moroccan products and Sephora Bamboo work best for me.

To the OP, I tried the Wen products, and found them to be a bit of a rip-off....left my hair kind of flat and dull, even with the required 15 minutes of rinsing!! One thing you may note is that the shampoo is not travel-ready....it's in a pump container that doesn't lock shut, so you're always at risk of the pump activating and shampoo flying out. Of course YMMV.

After that, I just decided to have a Keratin treatment (the kind that takes 3 hours). It's expensive, but lasts almost 6 months. There's also the less expensive Keratin treatment that only takes a short time and lasts for 4-6 weeks - I'd definitely recommend that, as my hair is much more manageable now that I have had the treatment....I have the kind of hair that never has those cute curls. Just pure frizz, and it looks 100% better!

If worse comes to worse, just wear one of those wide headbands that covers a lot of your hair. They're cute, and might be a solution if you find you can't do anything with your hair.

Good luck, and have fun in Jamaica!!

gonegril - I don't rinse my hair for 15 minutes - who has that kind of time? I also played with it for a while and found that I needed less than the recommended amount of the product. You just have to play with it to see what's right. when I used all 10 pumps I found my hair to be a bit flat, so I backed off a bit and now it's great!

As for the pump, you must have gotten a bad one. I took mine to CSS and it locked fine. It made it there and back without incident.
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

To All,
    My Wen started kit arrived this morning!! Very excited to give it a try. The conditioning treatment does come with a pump but also a screw on/off cap so that you don't have to travel with the pump in the bottle. Looks like you just switch them around and your ready to go. The weather forcast is showing a rainy damp week ahead ................ this should be a true test to the product. If not, I will be trying some of your other suggestions. 178 days until Barbados >>>> lots of time to get this figured out!
    12/2010 CN
    04/2011 CSA
    02/2012 CSA
    12/2013 CB

I use a spray called "short sexy hair" by sexy hair. I love the way it makes my hair feel (soft not sticky) and it holds the finishing style all day. I have thin hair and live in Michigan where we have high humidity. I think it's like 18.00 but it's worth it. They also have a whole line of products.

I love Wen! Won't use anything else now. In the beginning it took me some time to figure out which formula to get. It really does make a difference. I found that the fig was too heavy for my hair and weighed it down. Found that the sweet almond mint and lavender work best for my hair. I buy it at QVC and i think they have the best value. You can buy two 16oz. bottles for $40. It is expensive but so worth it in my opinion. Also, I found that I could use way less product than the directions state. Just experiment a bit and you will find the "sweet spot". Good luck, hope it works for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast