Default Shoes/High heels and the boardwalk at CN

I have read that women shouldn't bring high heels that have a narrow heel because of the cracks in the wood decks at CN. My question is, if I just want to walk from the room to dinner or go to the bar or piano lounge, do i have to walk across these boardwalks to get there? I really want to bring a cute pair of sandals that i love but they have a small heel. I'm trying hard to bring the least amount of shoes i can get away with but so far my plan is:

1. small pair of little boots (for the winter trip to airport),
    2. two pairs flip flops for beach wear
    3. one pair of black leather sandals (low wedge heel - casual)_
    4. one pair high heels for Otaheite for a very nice silk dress
    5. AND...I feel I should bring a high pair of cork type black leather wedges (in case i want to wear at night...very sexy)
    6. AND, I just bought a pair of switchflops off of ebay which are slightly small but the extra straps match my bathing suits...

I KNOW I have too many shoes listed here but i don't know what to eliminate..... HELP please!

My wife has wore heels (5") every night we went to eat and hasn't had a problem yet. We have went at least 4 times to eat. She says you have to be a little careful but it isn't a big deal. And these are skinny heels.

I think I'd just bring one pair of beach flip flops and leave the high heels at home, bring the black wedges, leave the switchflops at home.

It's taken me a few trips to cut back on the shoes but I've learned to bring what I NEED instead of what I think I WANT and it always works out fineto bring less... unless you just have gobs of room in your suitcase, which I never do.

Quote Originally Posted by lhenry View Post
    ... if I just want to walk from the room to dinner or go to the bar or piano lounge, do i have to walk across these boardwalks to get there? ...
    No, you do not, with the exception of eating dinner at Heliconia (the floor is boardwalk) and the BeachGrill Bar (in the middle of Heliconia).
    For all other destinations there are alternate paths to avoid any boardwalk.

Bring them all, my wife brings 5 pairs 5 inch stilettos, coiple of high wedge type and 3 pairs of flip flops!!!!!!1

I have read that women shouldn't bring high heels that have a narrow heel because of the cracks in the wood decks at CN. My question is, if I just want to walk from the room to dinner or go to the bar or piano lounge, do i have to walk across these boardwalks to get there? I really want to bring a cute pair of sandals that i love but they have a small heel. I'm trying hard to bring the least amount of shoes i can get away with but so far my plan is:

1. small pair of little boots (for the winter trip to airport),
    2. two pairs flip flops for beach wear
    3. one pair of black leather sandals (low wedge heel - casual)_
    4. one pair high heels for Otaheite for a very nice silk dress
    5. AND...I feel I should bring a high pair of cork type black leather wedges (in case i want to wear at night...very sexy)
    6. AND, I just bought a pair of switchflops off of ebay which are slightly small but the extra straps match my bathing suits...

I KNOW I have too many shoes listed here but i don't know what to eliminate..... HELP please!

I love shoes, and part of the fun of going on vacation (for us) is dressing up for dinner every night. I always bring a LOT of shoes that I get to match my dresses. I don't care if I only wear them once while we are there -- it's not every day that we get dressed up and go out for a nice meal, so we make the most of it!

That being said - I don't remember ever having a real issue with the board walks and shoes at CN. Bring the shoes you want to bring and celebrate! Worst case scenario: you go back to the room and put on a different pair of shoes.
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

I'm with the girls above. I bring 1 pair running shoes, 2 flip flops, 2 high heeled sandals, and I usually wear my cute wedges on the plane.

We have two boys at home (ages 8 and 10) and live in a PAINFULLY casual area. (where wearing the jeans without the rips in the knees is considered dressing up.) so I love the fact that when at Couples I wear a nice (and DIFFERENT) dress every night. It's great. And if that means I have to pay $25 for my 2nd checked bag.... so be it. It's a small price to pay.

Note: I also bring a plethora of beauty supplies, shampoos, makeup, skin care, etc. and don't worry about the stupid quart size baggie.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

I have begrudgingly, learned to cut back on the shoes due to weight restrictions. BUT this is what I take: I wear my athletic shoes for the trip. This way I have them for working out as well as tours that might involve a walking. I also don't like the thought of wearing flip flops through the airport and having to walk barefoot through security where 1000's of others have gone before me. Then I take one pair of flip flops to wear from the room to breakfast or from the beach to lunch--in other words the common areas that aren't the beach or around the pool. That leaves me more room for dress shoes to go with my outfits. Funny story though--we stayed at the footwear place on our first 'couples' trip. We were getting ready to head down to the beach for the buffet and were standing on our balcony. Let's just say one gal learned that stilettos weren't for the beach, but her undies matched her dress.

Oh and to help with the luggage weight, my beach flip flops go in my carryon as well as the shoes to go with the dress in my carry on, just in case our luggage arrives late--which it never has in 9 trips to Jamaica!
    Vicky

It is fun to dress up for dinner but I try to bring cute fancy sandals that I can wear again and again. Shoes take up so much space in a suitcase. Oh, I want to be there now!

I think i should stop stressing about shoes and just bring them all!! I never know what i will feel like at the end of the day (too much rum punch at the beach druing the day = low heeled sandals. Why make things so stressful trying to figure out exactly what you will need when there is no way to figure it out really! My shoe size is a 6 anyways so the shoes are small!!

I would say bring your cute little sandals with you, just be careful. I bring heels, but I am careful, because the concrete walk ways are pebbles and not smooth and the stairs can be very slippery when they get wet.

I think i should stop stressing about shoes and just bring them all!! I never know what i will feel like at the end of the day (too much rum punch at the beach during the day = low heeled sandals. Why make things so stressful trying to figure out exactly what you will need when there is no way to figure it out really! My shoe size is a 6 anyways so the shoes are small!!
    Exactly great idea, do as I do bring them all, one piece of my luggage is just shoes, and I may even wear three different pair in one day!!!! Love them shoes.

My hubby only brings one pair of sandals, one pair of shoes (he wears going and coming on the plane) and sneakers for the gym so it leaves me lots of room!!!!

Just returned from CN.
    There is new decking, beautiful deep wood, with tight planking.
    I wore high 4" heels every night. Brought one brown, and black, and two flip flops, white and black. Try to cut down on space.
    I need the space on return for gifts, and coffee.
    But, you wont have any problem walking around in your heels, only place the sand.
    Enjoy, Irie,
    Barb

I love high heel shoes flat sandals I dn't like. It's giving me garlic look.