Default Newbie- 14 days to CN ****

Using TimeAir
    First Drink?

First restaraunt for lunch after checking in?
    Best time to snorkle?
    Pool a.m. or p.m.?
    Beach a.m. or p.m.
    Cat cruise, best time and how long?

Sooooooooooooo excited!:cool:
    KJ

KJW - we leave for CN in 10 days!! You'll love it!

Timair - great choice!

1st drink - well - we always have a RSL in the Couples lounge at the airport (you still have to check in with them before taking your Timair flight). Once at the resort you will be served champagne (sparkling wine) while checking in. Then my first drink of choice is a Purple Rain!!

1st lunch - we go to the grill and get our jerk chicken fix and try whatever yummy soup they have for the day.

Snorkling - can't help here - sorry. I would guess it's best to go early.

Pool/Beach - we go to the beach until around 1:00 then head to lunch. If it's going to rain it's usually around this time. We sometimes head back to the beach but usually go to the swim-up bar in the afternoon. Then we finish the day on the beach for a little while before getting ready for dinner.

Cat cruise - It's only offered at one time on certain days. You have to sign up in advance - it does fill up. I think they start loading up the boat around 4:30 - others will correct me if I'm wrong! You will return right at/after sunset - so maybe around 6-6:30.

Any more questions just ask away!

Hope to meet you in two weeks!

Your first drink depends on your taste, I always go with an Appleton V/X, coconut rum and pineapple juice with a dark rum floater. My wife loves the No Problems. It's a tropical fruit cocktail on the rocks. We're not big on the really sweet frozen drinks like pina colada, daiquiri, Miami Vice, etc, but a lot of people on the MB like those. Probably not Red Stripe, since you'll have that at the airport lounge anyway. Also, you will get sparkling wine or a cocktail upon arrival at the check-in.

Lunch is either Beach Grill (jerk chicken, beef patties (a meat filled pastry), snapper sandwich, burgers, fries, etc) or Cassava Terrace (buffet). Gotta go with the jerk chicken or snapper sandwich at the Beach Grill for sure.

The snorkel boat goes out a couple times a day. Any time is good.

Pool - If you're just laying out, the beach is better and you get red flag drink service. The pool bar is usually most happening from about lunchtime til about 6p-7p.

Beach is awesome all day long.

Cat Cruise leaves at about 4p on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat. You are supposed to be there around 3:45p for boarding, if I remember correctly. It cruises out of Bloody Bay to the south, goes along the Long Bay portion of 7-mile beach (by CSA and such), then to the cliffs on the West End. It stops for a swim at Pirate's Cave, then heads back during the sunset. The whole thing lasts a couple hours. Very cool and killer rum punch!
    Last edited by dank120; June 25th, 2013 at 08:42 AM.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

Forgot to mention...

You MUST try rum cream. Think Baileys but much better!! I like it on ice or you can get it frozen or in a mixed drink. It's great in coffee, too. Also, look at the drink menus at the bar. There are many yummy choices and the bartenders can adjust any drink to your liking.

We're headed to CN for the first time in September, but we have been to CTI before. I did want to mention my experience with the snorkeling. Don't go in the rain! We went when it was raining while at CTI and I got stung by a jellyfish several times on my arms. When we got back to the boat, I mentioned it to the guides and they said "Oh we never go in the rain because the jellyfish really like it and come up to the surface." I wish I would have known that ahead of time! Also, I saw a barracuda in the water. They're attracted to shiny things so make sure you take off your jewelry...another thing I was told AFTER I got out of the water. Never the less, we LOVED snorkeling and are very much looking forward to doing it at CN...just without the rain and the jewelry this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Micaela&Daniel View Post
    We're headed to CN for the first time in September, but we have been to CTI before. I did want to mention my experience with the snorkeling. Don't go in the rain! We went when it was raining while at CTI and I got stung by a jellyfish several times on my arms. When we got back to the boat, I mentioned it to the guides and they said "Oh we never go in the rain because the jellyfish really like it and come up to the surface." I wish I would have known that ahead of time! Also, I saw a barracuda in the water. They're attracted to shiny things so make sure you take off your jewelry...another thing I was told AFTER I got out of the water. Never the less, we LOVED snorkeling and are very much looking forward to doing it at CN...just without the rain and the jewelry this time...
    On our last trip, it didn't rain at all and we saw a lot of jellyfish on the Negril side. The current was carrying them in from the north. We actually got some really good pics of them. I was stung once, but it wasn't a big deal. They're just little ones, and they're not deadly, or even debilitating, by any means. As for the barracuda, that's a treat, not a negative! In my 20+ years of diving, I've only seen an abundance of them off both coasts of Florida and in Cozumel, but have yet to see one in Jamaica after three dozen dives. Maybe, we'll get lucky in November!
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

We ate at the Grill everyday. They have the best onion rings! Everyday there will be a special dish. Lunches are made to order so, get a drink and relax while you wait for your food!
    Snorkeling is best in the am's (IMO). You sign up one day before going. Get to the scuba hut around 8:15 in the morning for there may be a sign-up line. I saw a spotted eagle ray on my last trip (May). I had just swam away from the boat and it went right in front of me. Ugh..I forgot my camera that day. It was so beautiful!
    We go to the beach in the morning and pool after lunch and then maybe back to the beach to sit in the shade and read. The area at the Grill is the 'boardwalk' and there is always something going on. You will get a schedule in your room for the week's events.
    We didn't do the cat cruise but they left around 3:30 and were back right after sunset. Next time...
    Put your swimsuits in your carry on in case your room isn't ready.
    Have a blast! It will be next year before we can get back to Negril. Try the One Love Pub Crawl. It was a lot of fun.