Thread: Tequilla

Default Tequilla

Last july when at CN we encountered a tough time getting Jose Cuervo until a manager and some staff we know from past trips went out of their way to make it possible, we are hoping that this will nao be the situation at CSS. Jose is not the best but if you only drink tequilla staright and not mixed the no name brand available was terrible straight but Jose will work, the other may be fine in mixed drinks but not straight, and not all of us aspire to have mixed drinks ( I only drink straight rum). If someone could let us know it would be greatly appreciated, if not we may have to get a bottle at the airport, not something I want to have to do at an all inclusive. At CN they onle had the Jose available after 8PM at the piano bar which does not help if that is what you would want at lunch time or 430PM at the pool bar, as I said after our 2nd day it was available at the pool bar but not without some pleaing our case to a few managers.

Just buy the Cuervo at Duty Free at the airport; it'll be cheap and they'll deliver it right to the gate.

Why buy Cuervo when I am going to AI that advertises top shelf liquor???? I will do this if need be that is why I am trying to find out if CSS has Cuervo.

all I can say columbo is that you have a heck of a constitution / and innards made of cast iron. Salute to you!

My guess would be that they can't stock every liquor made, just so people can do shots.

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    Why buy Cuervo when I am going to AI that advertises top shelf liquor???? I will do this if need be that is why I am trying to find out if CSS has Cuervo.
    On the 2010 list of available liquors from CN, there were over 60 different brands of top-shelf liquors covering just about every possible category, except tequila. They only list Durango gold and silver, which are obviously not top-shelf. Although, when we were there a year and a half ago, I did get a tequila sunrise with Cuervo from the pool bar one day, and they had a bottle of 1800 at the piano bar. I don't know about CSS, but it sounds like Couples, and possibly Jamaica in general, just don't carry a lot of tequila. Just like I've never seen Appleton at AIs in Mexico. Sounds like you'll either have to buy it at the airport or drink straight rum, as you stated. I'd call the 800# to see if you can get a straight answer.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

The selection of tequila is not extensive at Couples. Yes, they do have a wide variety of top shelf liquors. But if you vacation will be a disappointment if they happen not to have the tequila that you want, I would personally be proactive and buy a bottle at duty free. The costs at duty free are very inexpensive.

They had Cuervo gold at the sunset beach bar when we were there in April. Can't vouch for the other CSS bars because I didn't order anything with tequila at other bars.

A couple of thoughts from a smart butt Jamaica is not known for Tequila, duh right! They may not have it available during the day because maybe it was taken advantage of... people who don't drink it very often tend to get CRAZY on it. and finally, Cuervo, seriously! I just threw up a little in my mouth

My husband likes, well anything on the rocks. LOL He really liked the overproof rum. Maybe you should try that!!
    One Love,
    Mya

Also, from my experience on my trip this last spring (which was my wifes and my first trip) to CSS... They only carry top shelf liquors at the Balloon Bar. We spent the first part of our stay trying to get dirty bananas like my wife remembered from a previous stay at another Jamaican AI. We finally found a close match at CTI, where they made it with Tia Maria instead of the standard coffee liquer. We went back to CSS, and asked about Tia Maria, but all the bars said only Balloon Bar carries top shelf, so we went there one evening, but they were already out of Tia Maria for the day.

PS, sorry about the random Tia Maria rant, when the OP was about tequila.

I drink lite beer and don't expect Mich ultra lite in Jamaica. I don't think tequila is a Jamaican thing like rum and in MX where the AI' s I imagaine have all kinds of tequila, maybe not so much rum.

If I have to purchase at the duty free so be it, I will purchase a better quality than Jose, I asked about Jose as I did not expect for Couples to serve a Tequila in a higher category, was just wondering if they bottom line with Don Pepe or Montezuma which are probably the same as rubbing alcohol. Problem solved a friend informed me I can get Clas Azul at duty free store at JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    , was just wondering if they bottom line with Don Pepe or Montezuma which are probably the same as rubbing alcohol.
    You said "Montezuma", LOL. I might hurl.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013