Thread: Beer at CN??

Default Beer at CN??

We will be there in 6 days and unfortunately it has been 2 long years since our last visit. Is Red Stripe still the only beer available?
    I only like Corona so I was thinking if Red Stripe is still the only choice, I could get the shuttle driver to stop at a store that sells Corona and pick up a case to bring with me. Has anyone done this? Is it prohibited? Can anyone speak on the subject? Thanks for any help.

Mon soon come.........Scott

Just put a lime in your Red Stripe. It kills all the flavor in the beer anyways.

Don't think they have Corona on the island, try red stripe, you might like it.

We were at CN MAy 17 - 24 and Red Stripe in returnable bottles was the beer stocked in the room. You could get Red Stripe and Res Stripe Light draft at all the bars. I am not sure if the piana bar had any other options. By the end of the 1st day that Red Stripe was tasting really good!!!

Some years ago they had a really wonderful dark beer at CSA, but only at the beach bar which closed at six. My wife and I ( we don't drink during the day) used to show up at 5:55 to get one each day...it was fabulous. I'm pretty sure this was brewed on the island, because there's no real reason they'd have imported draft beer. I sure miss it...if they could get that back it would be great.

The dark beer was either Dragon Stout or Guiness Foreign Export Stout. Both brewed on the island.

Dragon Stout

Guiness Foreign Export Stout

Quote Originally Posted by Inthesun View Post
    Some years ago they had a really wonderful dark beer at CSA, but only at the beach bar which closed at six. My wife and I ( we don't drink during the day) used to show up at 5:55 to get one each day...it was fabulous. I'm pretty sure this was brewed on the island, because there's no real reason they'd have imported draft beer. I sure miss it...if they could get that back it would be great.
    If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Dragon Stout. This is an awesome beer made in Jamaica and available in bottles pretty much anywhere off-resort. The only thing I really enjoyed about the one time our airport shuttle stopped at the jerk stand was that I could get Dragon Stout. We also were able to get some on our excursion to Black River/YS Falls/Appleton. They had it at the gas stations we stopped at. They did not, however, carry it at Pushcart when we did the Sunset Bar Shuttle in 2011, which was a bummer. I used to be able to get it at Spirit World in Omaha in the mid-90's, but they no longer carry it. If you can find it, this beer is a must try!
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by ofireengo View Post
    We will be there in 6 days and unfortunately it has been 2 long years since our last visit. Is Red Stripe still the only beer available?
    I only like Corona so I was thinking if Red Stripe is still the only choice, I could get the shuttle driver to stop at a store that sells Corona and pick up a case to bring with me. Has anyone done this? Is it prohibited? Can anyone speak on the subject? Thanks for any help.

Mon soon come.........Scott
    Um...interesting discussion but not quite sure what it has to do the the OP's question.

Ofireengo, I am pretty sure that Couples doesn't mind if you want to bring off-site refreshments onto the resort. I have read about others who have gone out to stores and brought wine and energy drinks back to the resort with them. However, I don't know if any stores over there carry Corona.

I think I saw it at my local liquor store. Ill try it. Does any one know if they have it at Scotchees?

There is a gas station across the street from CN that sells a variety of beers if you want to get something different.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    Um...interesting discussion but not quite sure what it has to do the the OP's question.

Ofireengo, I am pretty sure that Couples doesn't mind if you want to bring off-site refreshments onto the resort. I have read about others who have gone out to stores and brought wine and energy drinks back to the resort with them. However, I don't know if any stores over there carry Corona.
    Thats what I am hoping for. Last time we were there, the store the shuttle stopped at had Corona but I didn't think of picking up some extra. I won't make that mistake again. Sorry but I just cant do red stripe. No worries, I will make it by with Crown Royal if all else fails. This time tomorrow we'll be down island.....Mexican beer or not....

They sell Corona at the gas station across the street from CN at the gas station, I went over there a couple of times and grabbed a Corona for a change!

I'm actually not much of a beer drinker. I do like Stella Artois. I tried the RS.... and I loved it!
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

If to Ireland= Guiness
    America=Budweiser
    Jamaica= Red Stripe
    Mexico= Dos Esquise

Corona, no bueno!
    KJ

We just got back from CSA and were a little disappointed that they no longer offer any Guinness or other beers, other than Red Strip, Red Stripe light and Heineken (don't like Heineken). My wife wanted a Miller Lite, and I would have liked something like Guinness. The liquor selection was good, however.