Thread: Golf

Hybrid View

Default Golf

Anybody that has stayed in Negril played any other courses than Negril Hills (the included course)? I played Negril Hills last time and was looking for something different. Tryall maybe? Also, how much did you pay for transfers, green fees, etc.

bstanley03, I have a question about Golf for you. Do you have to pay to rent golf clubs? Do they have any extra fees that are hidden. Also what is the dress code to play golf. Any other information you can give me will be very helpful. My husband & I will be at CSA June 29- July 6th and I keep telling him he can play golf but he keeps questioning me about all the extra fees if he doesnt bring his own gear. thanks in advance for your help.

I brought my clubs last time, but I think I remember there being a fee of around $40 for a nice set. I read others say that there are a few options that are around $20 though. I just figure if i'm going to play and pay the same as renting clubs to fly with them, I might as well use my own. On other fees... you will need to tip a mandatory caddie $20 for 18 holes. If you want a cart (which I recommend since it is really hilly), it will cost $10-$20. And who knows...last time I wasn't even charged to fly with my clubs somehow! The transfers are free to and from the course and the green fees are included. They had carts come around and ask if you wanted anything to eat or drink. I think I payed around $50 when all was said and done for golf and it was well worth it! Having a caddie read all of the greens and pick out clubs for you is a neat experience if you have never done it.

Quote Originally Posted by bstanley03 View Post
    Anybody that has stayed in Negril played any other courses than Negril Hills (the included course)? I played Negril Hills last time and was looking for something different. Tryall maybe? Also, how much did you pay for transfers, green fees, etc.
    My husband I played White Witch a couple of years ago. It was very expensive but if you know when you are playing you can use golfnow or exlinks for discounted fees. (Really wish I knew that then!)
    We made a day of it and also did a tour of Rose Hall Great House while there. It was a great day.
    We used a local tour company but I don't remember what the cost for that was.

For those of us that don't have "golf stuff" but would like to try the course, what would be the appropriate dress? I don't have golf shoes, etc. I know I would need to rent clubs. Assume they have a ladies set? Golf glove? Etc? Can you just play 9 holes? I have played before but it's been many many many years!

Hubby plays some and has his own clubs, shoes, etc. But not sure he would drag that down there as we would just do one outing.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

polo kinda shirt and a pair or shorts or a skirt would work.
    Golf shoes would be good, but probably not a requirement. Some kind of athletic shoe. Be mindful that they have got some red dirt that will stain a nice pair of white tennis shoes... Golf gloves - you'd have to buy one - ten bucks.

It would be a nice outing, and at a minimum some nice scenery to boot.