Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default March 2014 - Getting to know you

Okay, I noticed that 2014 Meet ups are showing up on the forum and thought I would get one started for March 2014. Who is going to be joining us in paradise? Feel free to post pictures!

NAME: Cory and Ashton
    DATES OF TRAVEL: March 11-18
    TRIPS TO Couples Resorts: Couples Virgins
    ROOM TYPE: 1 BR Ocean Suite (Hoping for G-Block)
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Alaska, but originally from Ohio (GO BUCKS)
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Sun, Relaxation, Spending some much needed time with my wife celebrating our 5th Anniversary
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Depends of if I can talk the wife into it
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Anything cold and fruity with alcohol
    KIDS: 1 boy, will be almost 1.5 when we arrive, and 1 dog
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) 6, still a long ways away

Name:  1002233_10100718285033222_1274906773_n.jpg
Views: 3023
Size:  7.1 KB
    Last edited by cleckrone8101; June 21st, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Default March 6-13

Quote Originally Posted by cleckrone8101 View Post
    Okay, I noticed that 2014 Meet ups are showing up on the forum and thought I would get one started for March 2014. Who is going to be joining us in paradise? Feel free to post pictures!

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Sun, Relaxation, Spending some much needed time with my wife celebrating our 5th Anniversary

Ed and Patty
    Second time to CSS, also one night at CN

The 2 things I enjoyed most at CSS in 2011 were scuba and A/N. Both were first times. Scuba is included and in my mind a must do. I would suggest you try the A/N early in your vacation, because once you try it you'll wish you would have tried it earlier. If you wife is concerned, you should go towards the right, away from the pool area. There are few people there and it is a good area to get used to it. Once you are comfortable, come over by the pool area.

Quote Originally Posted by cleckrone8101 View Post

Name: Bill and Betty Lou
    Dates of Travel: 8 - 15 Mar 14
    Trips to Couples Resorts: First one
    Room Type: 1 bdroom Ocean Suite
    Looking forward to: rest, relaxation, sand, sun, good fod, cold drinks and SSB
    Will you go A/N: most definetly
    Drink: anything cold on the beach
    Kids: 1 daughter
    Level of excitement: 6

Bump... I know its early but there has to be more than three couples coming to CSS in March 2014

We have now booked to return to CSS on the 20th March for two weeks.

NAME: Mark and Helen
    DATES OF TRAVEL: March 20- April 3
    TRIPS TO Couples Resorts: Couples Sans Souci in July 13
    ROOM TYPE: 1 Ocean View Suite (Decided the 1 bed Ocean Suite in Block F we had last time although great was probably too big for two and not really worth the extra money as we only slept and showered in it)
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Sheffield, England
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Everything - we are on vacation so anything is better than work
    and WILL YOU GO A/N: From 7:45am (ie after breakfast) on the 21st (ie first morning)
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Anything wet !!!! - although I did over dose on Bob Marley shots one night (5 + other drinks = sore head in morning) so may have to pace myself if drinking those lethal concoctions.
    KIDS: 2 grown up so now free to live again after 20 years of family holidays!!
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) Probably 15+ at the moment and rising as the days draw near

Irie everyone, finally booked our long awaited vacation to CSS for March 21-28. Last visit home was 16 years ago at CTI for honeymoon. A very long over due vacation. So here are our details for everyone.

Name: Chantal and Correy
    Dates of travel: March 21-28
    Trips to couples: Sept.1997 Couples Ocho rios ( now CTI)
    Room Type: one bedroom ocean view ( hopefully block G)
    Where we are from: Ontario, Canada
    What we are looking forward to: Trip at Dunns and a lot of R&R.....oh yeah a lot of different drinks for both of us.
    Kids: We have 2 active boys ( 14 and 12)

We are extremely excited to be joining everyone and enjoying some beautiful weather and being pampered.

Hi all, just booked up to return home to Jamaica.

NAME: Chris and Karen
    DATES OF TRAVEL: March 06 - 20
    TRIPS TO Couples Resorts: twice to CTI (2010 and 2012) CSS virgins
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: London England, a long days travelling from CSS (actually about 19 hours door to door)
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: spending our 30th anniversary with no clothes on
    WILL YOU GO A/N: ya mon - cant beat the feeling.
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: cold dirty banana to start, up for anything after that
    KIDS: 2 daughters and 4 grand children
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) 4 - 6 months to go yet

Bump! I am surprised how little activity has been on this thread. I imagined more people booked for March!

Hello Everyone,

What a nice way of pre-meeting fellow travelers, this is a first for us.

Our 25th wedding anniversary is on May 20th and we've decided to forgo the trip to Europe and the big island of Great Britain and head to Jamaica instead. My wife felt that we would be in better shape for the beach on our 25th than our 30th so here we come Jamaica. I'm sure this was a huge decision for her as she is a big history buff. Also, her heritage is British and mine is Scottish. We'll plan that one over the next 5 years... LOL.

We also recently became empty nesters, official, when our daughter moved out to live with her boyfriend closer to College. As I like to say, "Now we can run around the house naked again". Speaking of being naked, not sure about going A/N. Think we'll have to play that one by ear. Even after reading all the post, just not to sure.........

NAME: Kevin and Nancy
    DATES OF TRAVEL: March 20 - 31
    TRIPS TO Couples Resorts: CSS virgins
    ROOM TYPE: Penthouse
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Columbus, Ohio (GO BUCKS)
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Our 25th Anniversary together in paradise.
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Hummm.... Still pondering that one.
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Rum with an umbrella.
    KIDS: 1 daughter who just turned 21.
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) 7

Looks like we'll miss our fellow Buckeye's but looking forward to meeting everyone else. Any golfers out there. Looking forward to some Island golf as well. How about tennis? Would love to learn a new sport while there.

Blessings All,

Kevin (maybe I should bump my excitement level up a bit... LOL)

KevinH,

Thats too bad we are going to miss you. We could have rooted for the Buckeyes during March Madness. My wife and I actually went down to San Francisco for the OSU vs CAL game a couple weeks ago. We had a blast, but I am a little nervous about the game this weekend. Congrats on coming up on 25 years of marriage that's awesome!

-Cory

It appears that not a lot of people are going in March - do they know something that we dont? Oh well, the new sunset beach pool all to ourselves then, what a nice way to spend your 30th wedding anniversary. Cant wait to feel the warm sun on my back again.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by grinandbareit View Post
    It appears that not a lot of people are going in March - do they know something that we dont? Oh well, the new sunset beach pool all to ourselves then, what a nice way to spend your 30th wedding anniversary. Cant wait to feel the warm sun on my back again.

Chris
    I was thinking the same thing this week. We were looking at the seats on our plane out of Halifax and 3/4's of he plane is empty. So not sure if people in this area arevjust not looking yet as it hasn't started to get cold yet orbthey are looking elsewhere.

Either way, i know we will be happy happy happy!

Hi BLFM, we are flying out of Montreal and our plane also seems to be 3/4 empty. Hope they keep the same departure time, looking forward to sipping on Red stripes by noon.

Countdown is 155 days. Irie everyone

Put us on the list for March 15-22 - Adolph and Sue from Wisconsin, our 8th visit to CSS and our 19th Couples visit. We are meeting friends Larry and Jeanne from Iowa - their first trip to CSS March 14-21, can't wait to get out of the cold!

Here is the new updated list. Let me know if any changes need to be made.

Dawi – Jerry and Diane – Feb 26-Mar 5
    Olddirt58 – Mar 1-8 – celebrating wifes birthday
    BriandKat – Mar 2-9
    Charlie & Janice – Mar 4-11
    Grinandbareit – Chris and Karen – Mar 6-20 – celebrating 30th anniversary
    Erinn – Ricky and Erinn – Mar 6-14
    Tol – Ed and Patty – Mar 6-13
    UGLYBOY – ? – Mar 7-11 (tentative) – Looking for golf partners
    Blfm – Billy and Betty Lou – Mar 8-15
    Cleckrone8101 – Cory and Ashton – Mar 11-18 – celebrating 5 year anniversary
    Artie – Rick and Karen – Mar 13-23 – celebrating Ricks 53rd birthday
    Larry and Jeanne – Mar 14-21
    Sueboo – Adolph and Sue – Mar 15-22
    Godiva - Bridget and Bob -- March 18-25
    Falcon – Mark and Helen – Mar 20 – Apr 3
    KevinH – Kevin and Nancy – Mar 20-31 celebrating 25th anniversary
    Cortal – Chantel and Correy – Mar 21-28
    Cpanddp – Jackson and Summer – Mar 24-31

nice to see the list adding up but still seems like not many attending.......you can also add Debbie and Brian ( friends of ours) attending March 21-28. Their first visit to couples and jamaica. I am sure they will fall in love iwth couples as we did the first time we went. 49 days to go

I have already posted on this thread as we are going in March, but whether its packed or empty or we meet lots of people or none it does not really matter as I will be with my wife and with us both having two jobs we don't see much of each other at home so the two weeks in Jamaica will be a chance for us to be together without the day to day worries of our normal lives.

As we found in July, the site was nearly full and yet we did not meet many people who we got to know well during our stay as most people seemed to be in groups or with old friends and did not seem interested in meeting others and yet who knows this time, if it is quiet (and I doubt it will be) who is to say that out of the few there that we may make some lasting friends on this trip - maybe even one of the few of us who have posted on here.

ps I would rather have an half empty plane than a full one as there is less chance of sitting next to a loud drunk or heavy snorer or screaming child as with a ten hour flight I want to get a bit of sleep so I can hit the beach or bar etc as sson as I reach CSS.

Bump!

We are only 4 months out and there are only 14 posts. Where is everyone?

Wonder if everyone knows about this post or is everyone going away with family during spring break. I guess we will get the rooms we requested.

4 months out for us.

NAME: Jackson & Summer
    DATES OF TRAVEL: March 24 - 31
    TRIPS TO Couples Resorts: CN & CSS (many times)
    ROOM TYPE: Beachfront
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: North east
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: getting the hell out of the cold
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Oh yeah ASAP!!!
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Appleton VX
    KIDS: yes
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) 1000

We're on both February and March's because we'll be there both months! We cannot wait!!

NAME: Jerry & Diane
    DATES OF TRAVEL: Feb. 26 thru March 5
    TRIPS TO Couples Resorts: This is our third trip to CSS!!
    ROOM TYPE: Beach view
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Wisconsin
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Laying by the pool at SSB and another couples massage in the Hideaway!!
    WILL YOU GO A/N: As soon as we can!
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Any and all!!
    KIDS: 3 adult kids; one married and two grandpups!
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: 7 but getting more and more by the day as the holidays approach!
    Last edited by dawi; December 4th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014

Excitement level has just increased from 4 to 7. Flight seats reserved for our 10.5 hour flight. Only 76 days left before we return to our second home. Looking forward to trying out the new pool and hot tub on sunset beach.

Hi Cory and Ashton!!
    Cograts on your fifth anniversary!!
    Karen & I (Rick) are arriving on Mar 13th for a 10 day stay in Paradise.. Our thrid trip, and we are also hoping for G block!!
    Karen is 54 & I will turn 53 on March 15th.... What better place to celebrate!!
    As "Couples Virgins"... here are a few suggestions...
    1) Be sure to find the grotto near the mineral pool, sit and dip your feet in, and let the tiny fish tickle your feet.
    2) Also at the mineral pool, take the stairs down across from the waterfall... you can swim at your own private beach... it is wonderful!!
    3) DEFINATELY book a couples massage!!!
    4) Make sure you hit the bathrooms at the Couple's lounge before heading to the Van.... it is a 90 - 100 minute ride..
    5) If given the option.. do not bother stopping on the way to the resort... unless you did not follow point #4
    6) Remeber the names of the staff that go beyond, and mention them on your check-out card.
    Hope to run into you when we are there!!

Rick & Karen, Ontario, Canada
    Last edited by Artie; January 6th, 2014 at 09:46 AM.

hello everyone, this will be our first trip Sans Souci and looking forward to some time in the sun !!! Washington State had been it's usual cold and rainy so good excuse to explore. I am 55 wife 48 and celebrating her birthday. we will be there March 1-8. see you all in 7 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by olddirt58 View Post
    hello everyone, this will be our first trip Sans Souci and looking forward to some time in the sun !!! Washington State had been it's usual cold and rainy so good excuse to explore. I am 55 wife 48 and celebrating her birthday. we will be there March 1-8. see you all in 7 weeks.
    HI there as our previous note, we are there Mar 2nd to the 9th.
    Our birthdays are in Feb but maybe we can find each other and share to drink over them.
    We are in southern Alberta Canada, maybe we can find each other.
    Our photo is in the above posts...look for us if you want.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast