Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hi Bridget - Our friends Larry and Jeanne from Iowa will be there 3-14 to 3-21 too! See you soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
    Sue!

It will be great to see you and Adolph. Drinks on me! ;-) Our little visit to Sunset Beach was so lovely last year that we decided to give a week at CSS a try. Can't wait! I am looking forward to hopefully being able to establish myself as a "regular" at SSB so I can be there when Bob goes diving! The whole "arrive as a couple/leave as a couple" was a big drag on my Tower Isle time last year!

Are any of your other friends from last year coming? Such great people!

Bridget

Lisa & Damian, have you been to the Hibiscus Cottage before? We had it last year and it was wonderful!! The best part about it was that if we didn't have enough energy to make it all the way to SSB (complete opposite ends of the resort property), we could go in the hot tub and just relax nekkid there! We'll be taking the long unhappy bus ride to the airport the day before you arrive so Happy Wedding Renewal!!
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014

Default Coming home!!!

We are Cindy and Jim
    DATES OF TRAVEL: March 19 - 25
    TRIPS TO Couples Resorts: this will be our 5th to CSS and 8th to Couples
    ROOM TYPE: Evergreen block (we hope)
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Tennessee
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: time to regroup, sleep in, room-service, mimosa's and some great alone time
    WILL YOU GO A/N: ABSOLUTELY...Yes, we were there only four months ago. It's nice without the grotto, much more spacious!
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Anything with alcohol.....love their rum punch!!
    KIDS: boys (men), 25, 23 and 21
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT- depends if I can pull myself away from my raft. If I can participate on the raft 10, if not, 5.

Quote Originally Posted by dawi View Post
    Lisa & Damian, have you been to the Hibiscus Cottage before? We had it last year and it was wonderful!! The best part about it was that if we didn't have enough energy to make it all the way to SSB (complete opposite ends of the resort property), we could go in the hot tub and just relax nekkid there! We'll be taking the long unhappy bus ride to the airport the day before you arrive so Happy Wedding Renewal!!
    This will actually be our first time staying there. We figured we would go all out for our big day! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm sure we will too! I'm hoping they'll at least offer us a ride to SSB but look forward to lazy days at the cottage too! Too bad we'll miss each other but thanks so much for the warm wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeandD View Post
    This will actually be our first time staying there. We figured we would go all out for our big day! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm sure we will too! I'm hoping they'll at least offer us a ride to SSB but look forward to lazy days at the cottage too! Too bad we'll miss each other but thanks so much for the warm wishes!
    Not to worry. They'll take you anywhere you want them to. We kind of enjoyed the walk...helped keep a few of the drinks and food from going straight to the hips! Try walking up the road a few times. Some days it was easier than the steps! The cottage is so private and romantic I only wish we could have it every time! But, it's not to be this year! We'll be much closer to SSB though! Your neighbor to the north is (or at least was last year) the singer Bryan Adams! The geckos make lots of noise too. It was hilarious watching them! Have a great time and post how your trip was!
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014

Mike & Peggy
    Travel Dates: March 3 - 10
    1st time to Couples Resorts
    From Cold Snowy Ohio
    Very excited this is our first time to a resort

Uglyboy, I would be interested in golfing some morning. I golf a few times a year so not a great golfer but like to have fun at it.

I would be interested in playing some morning. Not a great golfer as I only play a few times a year but like to have fun with it.

We just booked! Very excited. Here's our details...

NAME: Steve and Sue
    DATES OF TRAVEL: March 20-27th
    TRIPS TO Couples Resorts: CN 2013
    ROOM TYPE: 1 BR Beachfront Suite
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Northern California
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Sun, Relaxation, repeat
    WILL YOU GO A/N: You betcha!
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Yes, many!
    KIDS: 3 adult human kids and 2 feline kids
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) 15!

Name:  jamaica_sunset_web_posting.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  40.3 KB

There is nothing like booking a great vacation to make time stand still...this is taking forever!!

Dan & Jill
    (March 21-31)

Dan & Jill:

Ain't that the truth. Hey, will be getting there the day before you. Will try to save you a Red Stripe; no promises!

~Steve

List has been updated. The days continue to tick down, but I am with Dan & Jill, time seems to slow down the closer it gets to being in paradise! 22 days and counting for us!

Dawi – Jerry and Diane – Feb 26-Mar 5
    Olddirt58 – Mar 1-8 – celebrating wifes birthday
    BriandKat – Mar 2-9
    jofrank - Jolene and Frank - Mar 2-11 - celebrating Franks B-day
    smokeater - Mike and Peggy - Mar 3-10
    Charlie & Janice – Mar 4-11
    Grinandbareit – Chris and Karen – Mar 6-20 – celebrating 30th anniversary
    Erinn – Ricky and Erinn – Mar 6-14
    Tol – Ed and Patty – Mar 6-13
    LeeandD - Lisa and Damian - March 6-15 - vow renewal on March 9th
    UGLYBOY – ? – Mar 7-11 (tentative) – Looking for golf partners
    Blfm – Billy and Betty Lou – Mar 8-15
    tim&kim - Mar 9-13
    Cleckrone8101 – Cory and Ashton – Mar 11-18 – celebrating 5 year anniversary
    Rastamon - Herb and Gloria - Mar 12-19
    Artie – Rick and Karen – Mar 13-23 – celebrating Ricks 53rd birthday
    Larry and Jeanne – Mar 14-21
    Sueboo – Adolph and Sue – Mar 15-22
    Godiva - Bridget and Bob - March 18-25
    Mountaineerfan - Cindy and Jim - Mar 19-25
    Falcon – Mark and Helen – Mar 20 – Apr 3
    KevinH – Kevin and Nancy – Mar 20-31 celebrating 25th anniversary
    sandsofca - Steve and Sue - Mar 20-27
    Debbie and Brian - Mar 21-28
    Cortal – Chantel and Correy – Mar 21-28
    Nautical4life - Dan and Jill - Mar 21-31
    Normandkim - Mar 24-30 - celebrating belated honeymoon
    Cpanddp – Jackson and Summer – Mar 24-31

"A" Red Stripe?? Did I mention I'm Canadian??

See you at SSB. Jill will be easy to find, just think Winnie the Pooh.

Default Wow, March is almost here

It's hard to believe that even for those of us going in the latter part of the month, we are all just a few weeks away. We are really looking forward to going. I am even doing a little indoor tanning so this Irish American boy is not turned into a lobster at SSB. It's kinda funny. We're from California so it's not been artic here, but nothing is like Jamaica either! See you soon!

tired of the rain in washington state, only 9 more days till sand,surf and beverages in the sun. olddirt58 Dave and Paris

Please keep us posted on how the trip goes! Sorry we will miss you.

~Steve

Amy and Dale here! We are 28 and 29... We will be there March 3rd through the 10th for our honeymoon! We can't wait to escape the Minnesota cold and meet all of you that'll be there during the same time!

NAME: Amy and Dale
    DATES OF TRAVEL: March 3-10
    TRIPS TO Couples Resorts: Couples Virgins
    ROOM TYPE: 1 BR Beachfront Suite
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Minnesota
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Sun, Relaxation, and just enjoying our honeymoon
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Anything we can!
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: anything as long as the sun is shining
    KIDS: none, but two dogs
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) 10!!

Getting excited, and looking forward to meeting so many of you--we are lucky to overlap with lots of folks this year!

I will bring the bendy straws. :-) It's one of the few things from that huge "things I never thought of" thread that I packed the first year, and still bring. It *is* nice to be able to drink while still lying on my lounger.

(Stuff I leave home now: woolite, all my makeup, the portable screen door for the balcony, flippers/mask/snorkel, lots of clothes and shoes, other stuff.)

I am a big reader and relaxer on the beach, but I also like to play games at home and so far haven't done that in Jamaica. Anyone up for Uno, Phase 10, Pass The Pigs, Farkle, Bananagrams or some other lighthearted fun? I will find room to pack some if anyone wants to play. But I am pretty easygoing and it's no big deal if everyone is just looking forward to hanging out and relaxing!

Godiva

Any sailors in this group?? Maybe a simple Hobie regatta is in order.

Dan

Mar 21-31
    Last edited by Nautical4life; February 24th, 2014 at 09:43 AM.

Default Hobie Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical4life View Post
    Any sailors in this group?? Maybe a simple Hobie regatta is in order.

Dan

Mar 21-31
    I will likely sail most days. It can be slow getting out of the cove, and once out in the open, the waves can get quite large. However, I find it quite fun. My wife doesn't care for sailing, so if anyone wants to come along, the boats can handle up to 4. I will miss Nautical4life's regatta, but thanks for the suggestion.
    Ed
    Mar 6 -13

Happy honeymoon, Amy & Dale!

Dan, my husband Bob likes to sail and would probably love a little friendly race--I have no sailing skills but would go along for the ride. Maybe this is the year I learn!

Ed, have fun!

Godiva

Let's meet at SSB and talk about it...maybe just take out the bigger cat as a crew of 4. We club race our 33'er but my experience with small boats, especially Hobie cats, is limited. This could be fun, if not for us, at least for those onshore. Dinghies are a whole different ballgame.
    Last edited by Nautical4life; February 27th, 2014 at 07:42 AM.

Oh my March 24 can't get here soon enough. Looking at sub zero temps again and 6 to 10 inches of snow this Saturday night!! We are so tired of this winter.We always love coming back but this year we are really going to LOVE being back. Bring on the sun surf,sand and drinks!

Last minute packing ideas. Anyone want to give us tips on what things should be left home because it is a waste to bring, and the things that we would not think of that are nice to have. Please let us know!

Thanks, Erinn and Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by cleckrone8101 View Post
    List has been updated. The days continue to tick down, but I am with Dan & Jill, time seems to slow down the closer it gets to being in paradise! 22 days and counting for us!

Dawi – Jerry and Diane – Feb 26-Mar 5
    Olddirt58 – Mar 1-8 – celebrating wifes birthday
    BriandKat – Mar 2-9
    jofrank - Jolene and Frank - Mar 2-11 - celebrating Franks B-day
    smokeater - Mike and Peggy - Mar 3-10
    Charlie & Janice – Mar 4-11
    Grinandbareit – Chris and Karen – Mar 6-20 – celebrating 30th anniversary
    Erinn – Ricky and Erinn – Mar 6-14
    Tol – Ed and Patty – Mar 6-13
    LeeandD - Lisa and Damian - March 6-15 - vow renewal on March 9th
    UGLYBOY – ? – Mar 7-11 (tentative) – Looking for golf partners
    Blfm – Billy and Betty Lou – Mar 8-15
    tim&kim - Mar 9-13
    Cleckrone8101 – Cory and Ashton – Mar 11-18 – celebrating 5 year anniversary
    Rastamon - Herb and Gloria - Mar 12-19
    Artie – Rick and Karen – Mar 13-23 – celebrating Ricks 53rd birthday
    Larry and Jeanne – Mar 14-21
    Sueboo – Adolph and Sue – Mar 15-22
    Godiva - Bridget and Bob - March 18-25
    Mountaineerfan - Cindy and Jim - Mar 19-25
    Falcon – Mark and Helen – Mar 20 – Apr 3
    KevinH – Kevin and Nancy – Mar 20-31 celebrating 25th anniversary
    sandsofca - Steve and Sue - Mar 20-27
    Debbie and Brian - Mar 21-28
    Cortal – Chantel and Correy – Mar 21-28
    Nautical4life - Dan and Jill - Mar 21-31
    Normandkim - Mar 24-30 - celebrating belated honeymoon
    Cpanddp – Jackson and Summer – Mar 24-31
    needthesun- Erwin and Donna- Mar 24-Apr 07

Quote Originally Posted by Erinn View Post
    Last minute packing ideas. Anyone want to give us tips on what things should be left home because it is a waste to bring, and the things that we would not think of that are nice to have. Please let us know!

Thanks, Erinn and Ricky
    I am with Erinn and Ricky on this one. I have read and reread all the pages of the "I wish I would have thought of that" thread but I would like to hear specifics from our March group members, to help out us first-timers. For those of you heading out at the early part of March, keep us posted on how your trip went when you return. We are down to 12 days! Can't wait to get out of Alaska for a week of sun and relaxing. Our 1.5 year old son hasn't been sleeping the best lately, so don't be surprised if we sleep right through breakfast and wonder down to the beach around noon... lol

-Cory and Ashton

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast