Default CSA Wedding Review

We just got back from a week at CSA. My son got married 6/20/13. We paid extra for an Ocean VS and the rest of us took Garden VS. My son had the worst view of all of us. We were in Buildings 8 and 10, third floor corner rooms and they were great. We asked a beach singer, Iceblock, to sing at the wedding and he was great. He asked for $20 but he was so good we gave him $50. Someone else hired a steel drum band for $900 and they weren't as good. My biggest issue was the price of the photos. The photographer took 275 wonderful pictures but the kids only got like 15 with their package and the rest of us had to buy a cd at $20 per picture. The whole cd would have been like $2500. Someone posted that they hired an outside photographer to shoot pics at a fraction of the cost, just an idea. Kinda sad to spend so much for ten people to go and then you can't afford all the pictures. The resort was wonderful, the beach was great, the staff is warm and friendly, the food was good, the watersports were fun, and yes I would go back. But I'm still pissed about the lost pictures and the memories left behind.

We got married at CSA in Oct. 2012. The resort was awesome. Enjoyed the whole time there an cant wait to go back. But the only problem I did have was the cost of pictures. We didn't even get to take many because a storm came so we had to stop. An I wasn't about to do them the next day. We only got afew pictures. Other people are right to hire some one outside of the resort to take the pictures. Which is sad. Cecil did our few pictures an he was very nice. But for cost. You get a better deal hiring outside of the resort

Is it ok for relatives to take pics during wedding? Just cannot have a professional do it right?

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    Is it ok for relatives to take pics during wedding? Just cannot have a professional do it right?
    We had family with other cameras taking pics but you might want to remind the bride and groom to look their way after the pro otherwise none of your pics will have them looking at your camera. Take as many of those you can to give yourself some more choices.

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    Yes. My BIL took pics. And I have to admit, his were better than the resort ones. :-( I don't remember what we paid as we got a photo/video package (we were married at CSA in OCt 2004). My BIL has a very fancy camera and photography is his hobby. He took some awesome pics and also switched to black and white film so got some REALLY cool pics from him.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013