Default question about e-cigs

Can you use an e-cig in non-smoking areas at CSA, ie inside the piano bar or in the restaurants?

Dido, wondering the same thing. I have the larger e-cig (vaporizer type top, with battery). Also wondering about packing it in our carry on and if that will be an issue.
    Last edited by MizzWright; June 26th, 2013 at 03:58 PM.

I can not answer for sure but this would be my guess I would not use a e cigg inside the piano bar or restaurants as some people may not like the smell that comes off of it, and some may not understand what it is. I myself have been a smoker for the last 24 yrs and as of Dec last year I gave up analog ciggs and started using a e cigg (ego c twist). The e juice that I use I hear all the time "hey that smells like cotton candy" so it is deff not a offensive smell, but fell it may bother someone while eating. Maybee its just the old smoker in me but I try to use it like a real cigg and only in places I would smoke a real cigg at.
    I deff would like to know others opinion and from randymon of possible as I may be still using mine when I return although the plan is to give the e cigg up completely as well. Iv arready lowered my nicotine level from the highest dose down to the lowest

Seems like it would make more sense to use them in the smoking areas, since if you use them in the non-smoking areas it will look to most in the room like you are smoking a cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    Seems like it would make more sense to use them in the smoking areas, since if you use them in the non-smoking areas it will look to most in the room like you are smoking a cigarette.
    I don't know what the policy is (if there even is one), but it might cause issues with other guests. Personally, I would avoid using them in the restaurants.

A few years ago, I was at EPCOT at Disney World in Orlando. I was using an e-cig in one of the shops when a Disney employee about bowled me over wanting to know what I was thinking. "SIR!!! YOU CAN'T SMOKE IN HERE!!!" After explaining what an e-cig was to her she said (with a confused look), "I'll have to mention this to my manager. They never trained us about these things." She apologized for bothering me (which she really didn't) and we moved on. It was actually kind of funny. By the way, I'm a non-smoker now.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

weewane - I've never heard of an "analog" cigarette. Are those the really old ones without the micro chip?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

haha nope Analog cigg is a reg old cigarette that light with a lighter. On the forums for e ciggs thats what everyone uses to describe each.

I can't speak for Couples but I work part time in the security industry in the UK and we now ban all E Cigs being used inside any building - the reason being that if there is a large crowd (last weekend there were 60000 for a concert) and you can see smoke rising out of the crowd to us it looks like a cigarette so we have to take action and go into the crowd as its illegal to smoke indoors however other people in the crowd see it and light up a normal cigarette thinking if they can do it then so can I (not knowing its not real) which then causes even more problems. Also the 'smoke' and aroma given off can upset the people near you. So I like the others would suggest you smoke in the permitted areas not indoors