Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Randymon - Is there a limit to the number of times you can eat at Dover? A recent guest mentioned a limit of two times a week. I can't imagine this is true, so would appreciate clarification from The Source (you!).

I tried to get information about the sunset cruise from C.R. Cruises. Beyond confirming Tues/Thurs trips and one snorkel stop, they directed me back to Couples for details. Is there any food or drink included on the cruise?

Thank you!
    Last edited by countryboy; June 26th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.

Hi, thanks for all the information. How can we confirm that we will be included in the repeat guest dinner. We have registered and also sent emails to Paula and still have not received confirmation that you are aligned to us with regard to our stay at Couple San Souci! I would hate to arrive and find out that we will not be included. Looking forward to the candid photos! As I said we arrive July 1st.

I am hoping that everything that I have read on other sites is simply overly critical vacationers skewed opinions.
    We are scheduled to arrive the end of July and are quite excited for our first trip to Barbados!
    Can't wait to read each new review as they come along....& hope to add ours as well upon return.
    We have stayed at many 5+ star carribean resorts and are hopeful that CB will meet or excede expectations
    Thank you Randymon & guests for keeping those of us soon to visit in the loop!

Default free spending money

Hi Randymon

I booked CB,on June 12....for Dec 9 2013 directly with Couples...how do I get the free spending money.....that Barbados is promoting...
    will it be given out at the hotel......Thanks.

1. How do you get the island credit? We booked a few weeks ago for September through the couples website. Will we just receive it upon arrival and make arrangements then to use it?
    2. Can you use the island credit for room upgrades or other extras at the resort?

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    More Answers:

Hi all can someone give me the email address for the couples Barbados reception or the concierge please
    cbd.gr@couples.com

In a prior "Answers" post when asked about excursions you said "Do you mean besides Catamaran Cruise, Golf, Scuba, shopping and Oistins? Not likely :-)" I had not read anything about a shopping shuttle....so does that mean there will be one, and if so to where?
    The shopping shuttle takes guests to LimeGrove in Holetown. Limegrove - About The Lifestyle Centre

What kind of entertainment is offered at Couples Barbados? Is it just local bands?
    We have a house band that plays nightly

We will be celebrating my boyfriend's birthday at Couples Barbados, and I was wondering if there is any way to order a birthday cake, or something like that, to be delivered at dinner? If so, how do I do it? Thanks!
    You can arrange for a birthday cake - and maybe you'd like a private dinner on the beach? - through Guest Relations in the lobby

Please confirm what buildings the ocean view junior suites are in......is only block one as i understand these have been refurbished!
    Ocean Junior Suites are in building #1.

We are arriving July 1st for 10 days and are so excited! We stayed at Couples San Souci and loved it! We hope to really receive the same level of service at Barbados Couples however have been reading the reviews and really hope all the kinks are getting worked out! How can you select the type of alcohol in the mini fridge in your room? I also understand there is a repeat guest dinner....how is one to get invited? Any updates you can provide would be appreciated!
    There is a mini-bar card in the room which shows the available selections. Register at Guest Relations as soon as you arrive. The returning guest cocktail party is at 7:00 pm in the Piano Bar on Tuesday, followed by dinner at 7:30 in Yes Please restaurant

We are arriving next Tuesday for what we hope will be a nice week at CB and want to be assured that by that time (if not before) all services, facilities and areas will be as advertised when we booked. Moreover will the issues - around under-staffing, lack of beach towels, poor drinks, bar and waitress services, lack of front desk response and re/action all be fully resolved. In essence can you confirm that achievement of the "normal" Couples level of excellent service be in place by then?
    Normal services and facilities are currently in operation

When do you think we will see some website updates for CB? Updates such as new pictures, sample menus/activities lists,a spa brochure,and a map/360 view like the other resorts have.
    We intended to have some professional photography taking place this week, however, Barbados customs has held up clearance of the equipment. The 360s are rescheduled for the week of July 8. I have been trying to get as many shots as I can - amateur, of course - and I will figure a way to post them upon my return to Florida in the next few days, including sample menus and activities.

Can you please update your list of the "hiccups" that you posted on June 20? What projects are still ongoing at CB? Also, when will the drilling/hammering/construction be finished (I understand it is still happening today)?
    All major works are completed and all facilities are operational. The "drilling" you reference was for the installation of a glasses rack in the bar and for the new Living Wall in Waves. It was for less than 1/2 hour. Disappointing that mention of this even made it beyond idle conversation at the resort.

Can you tell us the time the Catamaran Cruise leaves from Couples Barbados and where does it go?and what is the length of time it is out?
    The shuttle for the catamaran cruise leaves the resort at 3:30 pm, taking guests to the Bridgetown Pier. The cruise is from 4:30 - 6:30 and guest will be back at the resort around 7:00 depending on traffic.
    RANDY - thank you for the prompt response to my question - I appreciate things must be very hectic for you at the moment. I have taken your response to be a positive affirmation that things are as advertised and will not be cancelling our holiday. If I have taken this incorrectly then please advise - otherwise we will soon be on our way and look forward to a great time. Again thanks for the reassurance.
    Regards
    Carl

Chris and Bill:
    I've not been to Barbados, YET, but I assume the alcohol selection is the same as it was at CSA. They give you a form in the room to check off the types of beverages you want included with the mini-bar--you can change it up everyday. There are all sorts of choices from juices, sodas, beer, rum, vodka, wine, etc. As a repeat customer, you can go into the Rewards Program and confirm your reservations, and you can also fill out your form on-line before you get there.
    Quailfamily

Hi Randymon,

Could you tell me if the Palm Garden rooms are going to be refurbished?

Also, could you let me know how much it costs to have a private dinner on the beach?

Thanks

At Couples Barbados is their any inclusive scuba diving for non-certified divers?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I haven't noticed it. For scuba diving, is all the gear, including wetsuits, included for Couples guests? Usually gear rental is extra when diving, but at Couples it is always free (another perk!). However, being that it's an outside dive op, I am wondering if all gear is included (not just tanks & weights as per the norm)?
    We don't want to bring all our gear for just 2 dives. We were thinking just our masks/snorkels and maybe shorties.

Another scuba question (or 2). We are staying 8 nights, so have 2 dives each. Can we do both of our dives on the same day as a 2 tank dive, or do we have to make two separate trips? If 2 trips, is it just the morning 1 tank dive that is offered? It would seem odd for the shuttle to make 2 trips back and forth each day rather than just one, but please fill us in.

I've just read about gifts for staff, in Jamaica someone suggested medication drugs is that the same case in Barbados drugs are they expensive? and educational items what do they need the most?

Will there be shampoo in the showers?

hello looking forward to be there nov can you tell me how many beach cats you have and what size they are what is the time limit on there use

I was wondering about postings about the alcohol at CB. People are saying that you cannot get "call brand" alcohol until very late in the evening...........like 11pm. Is this something that will remain in effect or is this something that you will deal with and get straightened out.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Another scuba question (or 2). We are staying 8 nights, so have 2 dives each. Can we do both of our dives on the same day as a 2 tank dive, or do we have to make two separate trips? If 2 trips, is it just the morning 1 tank dive that is offered? It would seem odd for the shuttle to make 2 trips back and forth each day rather than just one, but please fill us in.
    The shop confirmed the Couples vouchers include full rental, except wetsuit. These are $7US for a single rental, or $5US/day if you dive more than 2 days.

Also, to answer your other question, yes you can use two vouchers for a 2 tank dive in one day. Just ensure you work this through Evena at the Couples activity desk. Remember that they come back to shore during the surface interval and you have to swap tanks yourself. The shop said most dive sites are very close, so the trip fits the SI time just about right.

Hope this helps. You should feel free to email Fatema at the shop. info@divebds.com She returns email incredibly fast, and is wonderfully helpful. Sounds like a good place to do business with!

Is there a limit to the number of times you can eat at Dover? A recent guest mentioned a limit of two times a week. I can't imagine this is true, so would appreciate clarification from The Source (you!).
    We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy this restaurant. One time is guaranteed, others subject to availability. best to make your reservation soon after arrival

I tried to get information about the sunset cruise from C.R. Cruises. Beyond confirming Tues/Thurs trips and one snorkel stop, they directed me back to Couples for details. Is there any food or drink included on the cruise?
    snacks and rum punch provided

How can we confirm that we will be included in the repeat guest dinner. We have registered and also sent emails to Paula and still have not received confirmation that you are aligned to us with regard to our stay at Couple Sans Souci!
    Confirm with Guest Relations desk upon arrival

I booked CB,on June 12....for Dec 9 2013 directly with Couples...how do I get the free spending money.....that Barbados is promoting...will it be given out at the hotel?
    http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...program-23842/

Could you tell me if the Palm Garden rooms are going to be refurbished?
    They have bee deep-cleaned and all are functioning properly. Total refurb is not yet scheduled.

Also, could you let me know how much it costs to have a private dinner on the beach?
    US$170

At Couples Barbados is their any inclusive scuba diving for non-certified divers?
    No, we do not offer a resort course. The Ocean waters off the resort are not conducive to novicetraining.

For scuba diving, is all the gear, including wetsuits, included for Couples guests? Usually gear rental is extra when diving, but at Couples it is always free (another perk!). However, being that it's an outside dive op, I am wondering if all gear is included (not just tanks & weights as per the norm)?
    See countryboy's answers

We are staying 8 nights, so have 2 dives each. Can we do both of our dives on the same day as a 2 tank dive, or do we have to make two separate trips? If 2 trips, is it just the morning 1 tank dive that is offered?
    See CountryBoy's answer

I've just read about gifts for staff, in Jamaica someone suggested medication drugs is that the same case in Barbados drugs are they expensive? and educational items what do they need the most?
    All Barbadians receive free health care. Not sure Medicine is best way to say thank you

Will there be shampoo in the showers?
    Yes

hello looking forward to be there nov can you tell me how many beach cats you have and what size they are what is the time limit on there use
    There are three 14' Hobie Cats and one 17'. All Hobies must sail with staff aboard

I was wondering about postings about the alcohol at CB. People are saying that you cannot get "call brand" alcohol until very late in the evening...........like 11pm. Is this something that will remain in effect or is this something that you will deal with and get straightened out.
    I had a Grey Goose and cranberry juice at 5:30 pm, so...

BTW - dives are assigned to your room. They are non-transferable

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    The shop confirmed the Couples vouchers include full rental, except wetsuit. These are $7US for a single rental, or $5US/day if you dive more than 2 days.

Also, to answer your other question, yes you can use two vouchers for a 2 tank dive in one day. Just ensure you work this through Evena at the Couples activity desk. Remember that they come back to shore during the surface interval and you have to swap tanks yourself. The shop said most dive sites are very close, so the trip fits the SI time just about right.

Hope this helps. You should feel free to email Fatema at the shop. info@divebds.com She returns email incredibly fast, and is wonderfully helpful. Sounds like a good place to do business with!
    Awesome. Thanks CB!!!

Thanks for your reply Randymon. Just so you are aware, I had a few concerns over the Palm Garden rooms after reading some poor reviews, and expressed these concerns to the travel agent who we have booked with (Kenwood Travel, UK). They told me they had spoke to Couples and had been assured that the Palm Garden rooms would all be fully refurbished by September.

You might want to correct them so they are not giving out false information.

Could you confirm what rooms have actually been refurbished, as I am not sure we want to stay in a room which still has all the old Casuarina furniture and fittings etc, as the Casuarina hotel looked very run down in all the pictures I have seen of it. Thanks

QUOTE: "I was wondering about postings about the alcohol at CB. People are saying that you cannot get "call brand" alcohol until very late in the evening...........like 11pm. Is this something that will remain in effect or is this something that you will deal with and get straightened out.
    I had a Grey Goose and cranberry juice at 5:30 pm, so..."

Thanks. That post seemed a little silly to me.

Have the palm garden suites been refurbished?

Have to tell you, this is pretty disconcerting. We booked directly through the resort and they told us it was two-two tank dives per person.

Randymon: We've been getting ready for our trip to Couples later this week but continue to be concerned by the numerous negative reviews of the resort that have been posted on line. We actually are very experienced and pretty laid-back travelers and understand and expect that there will be some issues during the first few weeks while re-branding a hotel (e.g. construction). That said, many guests have complained about things that are not remotely acceptable for a resort of Couples' caliber or expense:

--Extremely long delays at check-in (in some instances more than three hours)
    --Broken air-conditioners that do not get fixed
    --Rooms that do not get cleaned during the week
    --Mini-bars that do not get re-stocked daily, even with just water
    --Broken televisions and missing remotes
    --Rooms that have not been updated, as advertised
    --Long waits to get food and drinks (and, in some instances, even running out of food and beverages)
    --Lack of beach towels, and
    --A general lack of service due to the fact that the resort is very understaffed (although very nice).

Can you let us know ASAP which, if any (or all) of these issues have been resolved??

Thank you!

"BTW - dives are assigned to your room. They are non-transferable"

Wait, can you explain (process) this in more detail? I do not dive so my husband was going to take my dives, as we are there more than 7 days. So how does that work if he is going 4 times instead of both of us going twice?

Kelly

Hello, Although our contract with couples do not offer inclusive scuba diving for non-certified diver, we as the providers of the Diving with Couples do offer Discover Scuba lessons which includes a Lesson and 1 Tank Dive. You can visit our website Barbados Diving: The Dive Shop Ltd. - SCUBA in Barbados since 1965! or email us at info@divebds.com to book your DSD. We offer complimentary transport to The DIve Shop. COST US$85.00, this includes lesson and 1 Tank Dive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast