Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hello, you can do your 2 Dives in one day. Arrange for voucher at activities to state this.

All gear is included except Wetsuit, if needed cost us$7.00

We have a Garden suite room booked for September 9-17, will they be refurbished by then? I really hope so because it would be really disappointing to go to a Resort that promised to refurbish the rooms and then get stuck in one that has not been! Also...what is the status on having an activities list,restaurant menus, and photos of ALL the room categories posted?

Hello
    I have the same concerns as "liverpool88". There seems to be alot of negative comments about the a/c, furnishings not being clean, electronics not working properly, etc. in the gardenview rooms. More positive comments are made towards the oceanview rooms. If necessary, I will upgrade from a gardenview suite to an oceanview suite.

On the branded alcohol front. The staff confirmed to us last Friday when we were there that they do not serve it until 5pm in the main bar and until after 11pm in the Piano bar (after the main bar in the Calypso lounge closes). You also don't get wine or sparkling wine in your mini bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sympa View Post
    "BTW - dives are assigned to your room. They are non-transferable"

Wait, can you explain (process) this in more detail? I do not dive so my husband was going to take my dives, as we are there more than 7 days. So how does that work if he is going 4 times instead of both of us going twice?

Kelly
    Hi Kelly - As always, Randymon will have the final, official word. But I can tell you that he has previously responded that husband/wife can transfer dives. This is consistent with his answer that dives are assigned to a room. Sounds like you're in the same boat as me. I dive and my wife doesn't. We're going to be there for seven nights, so we expect four vouchers. We can use them any way we like, which obviously in my case, is all four for me. That most likely means two separate 2-tank dives. If you guys are there the 3rd week of July, maybe I can dive with your husband! I enjoy diving, but solo isn't nearly as much as fun.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sympa View Post
    "BTW - dives are assigned to your room. They are non-transferable"

Wait, can you explain (process) this in more detail? I do not dive so my husband was going to take my dives, as we are there more than 7 days. So how does that work if he is going 4 times instead of both of us going twice?

Kelly
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Hi Kelly - As always, Randymon will have the final, official word. But I can tell you that he has previously responded that husband/wife can transfer dives. This is consistent with his answer that dives are assigned to a room. Sounds like you're in the same boat as me. I dive and my wife doesn't. We're going to be there for seven nights, so we expect four vouchers. We can use them any way we like, which obviously in my case, is all four for me. That most likely means two separate 2-tank dives. If you guys are there the 3rd week of July, maybe I can dive with your husband! I enjoy diving, but solo isn't nearly as much as fun.
    Hope this helps.
    I was wondering the same thing. I don't dive. Hubby does. We are possibly planning a trip for Spring 2014. Waiting it out for a bit to see if all the kinks get worked out and if flights get better. But we stay for 8 days/7 nights when we go. Sounds like it's per room and not per person so he would get 4 dives.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

what is going on?
    joobelo quotes staff saying branded are not served until after 5pm ? main bar and 11pm piano bar (at this time I will be in bed!
    all inclusive on website states branded drinks all the time? is it all inclusive or not ?
    and I do hope the booking in system has been sorted out or we will be pulling out..

I must say these items are getting silly is the site up to standards of other couples yes/no
    are drinks available as at other couples yes/no
    is booking in out sorted yet?
    is this hotel all inclusive as in the description advertised if not I am looking at cancelling

Quote Originally Posted by joobeloo View Post
    On the branded alcohol front. The staff confirmed to us last Friday when we were there that they do not serve it until 5pm in the main bar and until after 11pm in the Piano bar (after the main bar in the Calypso lounge closes). You also don't get wine or sparkling wine in your mini bar.
    Thanks for that information. So, while I thought the post where I read this was silly, it seems that there was some truth to it after all. I owe an apology for doubting the poster on Facebook.

I'm her at CB at the moment so thought I'd give an update on my experience... We're staying in a garden view room in block 5- it's lovely we wake up every morning to the birds singing and only a short walk to the yoga pagoda. Everything in the room works the shower is fine, it's a lovely caribbean style room (not what you find at the Ritz in London but I don't come to the caribbean for that). On the drinks front I have wine and sparkling wine in my mini bar- just asked for it! At the bars they serve Malibu all day as well as Mount Gay rum which are both what I call branded drinks as well as being local. Banks beer is on tap which my partner loves. The food so far has been great, there's a beach BBQ on Mondays, and I believe fine dining on Fridays in waves, every other night it's been buffet in waves. Yes please has a lovely a la carte menu and we've booked Dover grill for Thursdays-it does get full up quick so book early when you arrive. It's been a great holiday so far- still have another week to go :-)

Interesting that this is different from the other resorts. Thanks for the info.

Earlier in this post, Randymon responded to this question with, "I had a Grey Goose and cranberry juice at 5:30 pm, so..."
    I personally took that answer to mean that there were no time limits, and the OP was just worrying too much about something that need not be worried about at Couples. Why in the world would they have Grey Goose sitting right there, but not let you have it until after 5? Doesn't make sense.

If indeed there are time limits, that would be most disappointing - especially after several direct questions and the advertisement on the main page that just says "Unlimited Premium Brand Drinks."
    I just can't bring myself to ask him again about this. At this point we're days away from our much anticipated vacation, and I want to stay positive. Wish I had a Grey Goose and cranberry right now!!

Tashao
    Thanks for the post. Glad to hear from someone who is there and that does not have a ton of negatives to report. We have never been to a Couples Resort nor to Barbados and are going in December and are so excited. I agree 100% that a vacation is what you make of it, but you also do not want to sleep in an old dirty room.
    Have you been able to swim at the beach or is the water too rough?
    Please let us know if you do any tours as we are looking for things to do when we go.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Earlier in this post, Randymon responded to this question with, "I had a Grey Goose and cranberry juice at 5:30 pm, so..."
    I personally took that answer to mean that there were no time limits, and the OP was just worrying too much about something that need not be worried about at Couples. Why in the world would they have Grey Goose sitting right there, but not let you have it until after 5? Doesn't make sense.

If indeed there are time limits, that would be most disappointing - especially after several direct questions and the advertisement on the main page that just says "Unlimited Premium Brand Drinks."
    I just can't bring myself to ask him again about this. At this point we're days away from our much anticipated vacation, and I want to stay positive. Wish I had a Grey Goose and cranberry right now!!
    I'm glad that you posted that about what you thought Randymon was saying in his response to my question about the times for call brand liquor. I thought the same thing as you did.

Default cruise

Quote Originally Posted by bigd View Post
    Randymon,
    Can you tell us the time the Catamaran Cruise leaves from Couples Barbados and where does it go?and what is the length of time it is out?
    it leaves the resort at 3.30 ish it is out for around 2 hours and you will get back about 8. Dont forget to take a towel.

I haven't ever posted on the message board before, but I just had to post and say that my husband and I arrived yesterday at CB and it is amazing! Let me put it this way: if CTI and CN had a baby, it would be CB. It is a great mix of the feel of the two resorts. The staff has been wonderful. We are staying in an ocean junior suite and are very happy with it. The only hiccup we have had is that my husband's bag didn't make it on the flight out of miami. But lo and behold, it was delivered to the resort this morning, thank goodness. I have heard this has happened to others as well, so pack your carryons accordingly!

Anyway I just wanted to reassure those that are worried about the resort. It's fabulous so far!
    CB 2013
    CN 2011
    CTI 2009

Rooms and Food

Can anyone who has actually stayed in the Palm garden room this month comment on if it is tolerable or not? Do I need to go in-debt to upgrade to a room I don't feel dirty in?
    I am very excited about the scenic portion, pools, diving, and cruise, but I am genuinely trepidatious that Randy himself said the Palm Garden were in "Fairly decent" condition.

I hate that I just paid thousands of dollars and am worried if I can "tolerate" my room.... The pictures Randy posted to facebook made them look run down. I hope if they can't afford to refurb them right away, they can at least put some fresh flowers or a painting on the wall...
    What do you think Randy, can you make it happen?
    And, what do the bathrooms look like? I did not see a picture of them on FB.

Also, with only 3 official restaurants and a beach grill, how can people comment they get turned away from the Dover grill? I am already having to eat at one restaurant 3 times and the others 2x in one week.... Please don't make it any worse on me

I am more nervous than normal for me because I talked my best friend and her husband into choosing this all-inclusive resort based on my husband and my experience with another all-inclusive resort. I was hoping it'd be similar. I just hope I am not let down.
    -Crossing my fingers-

Any idea on rental cars & rates. I am coming in November and was thinking about renting a car for a day or two to see the island. Is there a way to get a car through the resort and what type of rates can be expected.
    Last edited by tx4chiefs; July 7th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.

FYI ... I trust Cranberry and Grey Goose are two separate drinks? Wouldn't want to disturb the clean, crisp taste of a chilled GG on the rocks! Always ready for a Drambuie chaser though. Couples "premium" liquors have always been great and served with a smile!

Default Would the $85 be enough to be "certified"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dive Shop Barbados View Post
    Hello, Although our contract with couples do not offer inclusive scuba diving for non-certified diver, we as the providers of the Diving with Couples do offer Discover Scuba lessons which includes a Lesson and 1 Tank Dive. You can visit our website Barbados Diving: The Dive Shop Ltd. - SCUBA in Barbados since 1965! or email us at info@divebds.com to book your DSD. We offer complimentary transport to The DIve Shop. COST US$85.00, this includes lesson and 1 Tank Dive.
    Would I then be able to use the dives included from the resort?

When we were there they definitely had only certain times that you could get the brands like grey goose, absolute etc and only at certain bars so my husband would have to go to one bar for his drink and another bar for my drink, so annoying and time consuming, we ended up ordering 2 or 3 at a time so that we weren't spending so much time waiting...and every day we were there they ran out of certain bottles, at least that's what we were told, so we would have to choose drinks based on what was available

Hi we are coming in December and in a Garden suite will these be upgraded. we are coming for a long way and want to know what we will be in store for..

Hi randymon hi guys :-)

Are the iPod docking stations suitable for iPhone 5's ?

Thank you
    Mikey and Rachel x
    Arriving 18th July and can't wait :-)

Hi Randymon (or anyone else) - Any chance you could post an activities schedule? Thank you!!
    Less than a week!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast