Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Randy, can we please have bocce ball by the time we get there 7/27?

Has anyone else had airline booking issues? I just randomly decided to check our flight statuses 7/27, Houston to Charlotte 5:30am, Charlotte to CB 9:30 am, booked whole vacation through Couples this time with incentive thing. Everything shows fine on Couples confirmation, but then crosschecking with USAirways, flight out of Houston doesn't exist and Eticket confirmation code comes up NO flight with that code. I called USAirways and they said, "we cancelled that flight in April and sent Couples an email about it in April and in May", and said, "You didn't get any notification on it?" Not sure what we are going to do until Couples office opens tomorrow, but wanted to warn everyone so you don't show up at the airport with no flight, which is what would have happened to us if we hadn't cross checked all of our flights.

Is there a place to buy cigars in the resort? If not, is a store within walking distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Markt1973 View Post
    Would I then be able to use the dives included from the resort?

Randy will surely answer, but in the meantime... If you are not currently certified, and you just do the Discover Scuba lesson that the Dive Shop mentions, then no, you will not be a certified diver, so therefore unable to do the included certified diver dives offered through Couples. A Discover Scuba is not certification, and you have to do it over and over again, wherever you vacation, until you're certified. If you want to dive at Couples, I recommend that you get certified beforehand, or start your training at home/online, then finish in Barbados. Check the PADI website.

A couple more questions ..... This will be our "Passionate Love" visit before our CTI nights fall off of Romance Rewards. REALLY hoping to have a nice time to celebrate 15 years together, too. Don't let us down, Couples. We arrive 8/1. . . . . . .

Randy -
    Is there a DEFINITE date when the heaters will be installed for the jacuzzi? Are the heater(s) on premises or still in customs like photography equipment?
    What caffeine-free soda is available (Sprite, Ting, etc)?
    Is there a lobster night at all? What about getting crab?

Kelly

I am trying to plan out my trip and I had a few questions about activities.... What days of the week and times are the following inclusions available? Catamaran/Sea turtle swim? Guided Barbadian green monkey walk? Shopping shuttle to Limegrove? I am also wondering when the palm garden suites will be refurbished since it was originally stated that ALL rooms would be refurbished? We upgraded to the palm garden suite from the basic palm garden room and I'm hearing a lot of people say that the palm garden rooms are run down, I'm really hoping that's not the case!

CB Yoga --
    What days is it offered?
    What time of the day?
    Are mats provided (or BYOM)?

If anyone has done the yoga, please let me know what you think. Thanks!!

Can we book a private dinner on the beach in advance?
    Also can we preregister online like in CSS. It made arrival so much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Randy will surely answer, but in the meantime... If you are not currently certified, and you just do the Discover Scuba lesson that the Dive Shop mentions, then no, you will not be a certified diver, so therefore unable to do the included certified diver dives offered through Couples. A Discover Scuba is not certification, and you have to do it over and over again, wherever you vacation, until you're certified. If you want to dive at Couples, I recommend that you get certified beforehand, or start your training at home/online, then finish in Barbados. Check the PADI website.
    Thanks

how is the Map & 360 View going for the Barbados site

Sample menus for Dover grill and Yes Please are now posted!!! Now I'm just frantic for more photos, a 360 map,and an activities/excursion schedule!!!! 63 days and counting!!! Also, still wondering if the Garden suites are or will be refurbished by September????

WE have several couples repeaters booked in late sep. early oct.2013 under Frye,Baker,Emkey,Doty,plus others that we told the "best is a Couples Brand".My question is are we up to speed now.IE.has the service what seems to be the issue up to Couples Standards do you have enough staff people to handle the service,When can we hear from Randymon!!.Look, Couples is known for being the best brand of all inclusives.So please let's make Couples Barbados what all of us advocates & Supporters know what the Couples Brand can be.

Sorry for the delay in responding. July 4 holiday weekend extended into this week.

A few comments:

re: Premium Brand drinks - Couples Barbados is operating the same as our resorts in Jamaica although as the costs are nearly triple, we have had to reduced the total number of offerings. Just as in Jamaica, though, some premium brands such as Grey Goose are limited to certain bars in the evening. Generally, The Calypso Lounge serves available premium brands starting at 5:00 pm. Contrary to a previous post, the Piano Lounge does as well upon opening at 9:00 pm. I am sorry if we do not carry your preferred brand, but there are plenty of selections.

While not on the initial mini-bar menus, you may order wine and sparkling wine. Just ask.

RE: Dover Grill Reservations - Just as we do at Couples Negril for Otaheite, you may make a one reservation at Dover Grill up to 4 days in advance. Once the four days are up you may make another reservation. Additional reservations are subject to availability.

Included Scuba Dives are One-Tank dives. You cannot transfer unused dives to another room however if you may use the dives that your SO does not.

Photos/360s are being taken this week. Hopefully they'll be available to post on the website within the next two weeks.

Rooms: Never have WE said that the rooms would be renovated.

From the American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language:
    re·fur·bish (r-fūrbsh)
    To make clean, bright, or fresh again; renovate.

refurbish [riːˈfɜːbɪʃ]
    vb
    (tr) to make neat, clean, or complete, as by renovating, re-equipping, or restoring

In all rooms, we have added minibars, new flatscreen TVs with up to 50 channels, coffee makers, robes, Ipod/mp3 docking station (BTW- if you have an Iphone 5, you will need to bring the IPhone 5 adapter in order to use/charge your Iphone5), robes, new linens.
    We have made all rooms neat and clean and functional. The rooms also have AC, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, in-closet safe.

Not to minimize the complaints and negative experiences shared on this board and TripAdvisor from guests who arrived just as we rebranded - because much of what was said WAS true - guests arriving now are enjoying a much better experience.

Jacuzzi Heater Sorry, we do not have a firm date for installation.

Pre-checkin and Private dinner advance reservations Yes for pre-checkin and yes for advance private dinner reservations. Just email us a romance@couples.com

No Cigars at the resort yet. Shops within walking distance ---The St. Lawrence Gap. BTW just a reminder there is no smoking in rooms, nor under any covered facility - law in Barbados. Soon come - Jamaica. and I will publish the new legislation later.

Couples Resorts

Hello Randy!

Thank you for keeping us all updated on the happenings at the resort. I am curious to see how it is all progressing. My fiance and I booked out honeymoon to Couples Barbados for December 21-28, 2013. I have been reading through the posts here and on Trip Advisor and I am definitely getting nervous that our honeymoon will fall short of my expectations. Are there any reassurances that can be made to help ease my worries? I a concerned about the negative feedback on the rooms that are not in Block 1. Will they be updated at all?
    Thank you!

We will be at CB Oct 19th to 26th. Just wondered whether Lobster will ever be served at CB. We were at CN last week and the Lobster we had on Friday night at Otaheite was Fabulous.
    Now that we are back from our vacation at CN, we are ready for the next vacation to CB.

I have a few question....What is the status on an activities schedule? What days are the included excursions on?? Is there going to be a lobster night? Are any of the jacuzzis at the resort currently available for use? Actually that is quite a few questions

Quote Originally Posted by ngwh2009 View Post
    Sample menus for Dover grill and Yes Please are now posted!!! Now I'm just frantic for more photos, a 360 map,and an activities/excursion schedule!!!! 63 days and counting!!! Also, still wondering if the Garden suites are or will be refurbished by September????
    where are the sample menus posted please?

Randymon:

8 couples definite, maybe more don't know yet, of us will arrive 09/28/2013 it's a Saturday we get in around 1:40pm,,,,,,was just wondering if there is an event there that takes place on Saturdays ?If there is can you tell us about it!!! THX

How long is the trip from airport to Couples Barbados?

Quote Originally Posted by Nat-Malta View Post
    where are the sample menus posted please?
    If you look at the restaraunt tab when you click Barbados they are black links that say sample menu under Dover and Yes please

Hi, I was hoping you could tell me what is the difference between the Palm Garden Room and the Garden Junior Suite, and the difference between the Junior and 1 bedroom? Also what block are these in and is there a life in all blocks? Thanks

It is nice to see a review in a positive light from someone who was actually there at the time of writing.
    Your words have relaxed me

Randy~
    Thank you for keeping us updated on CB. We are 16 days away and very anxious to get there!
    So long as everything is clean and staff is friendly and waits are at a minimum....we will be happy
    Looking forward to our much awaited vacay!!!
    Kat

The sample menus are posted on the website under restaurants and bars

CCCCreg,

The trip is about 15 to 20 minutes from the airport. You have to look really good for the guy holding the sign as it is small and not as obvious as the waiting rooms in Jamaica. The transfer company is called "Sun Tours" and they wear yellow shirts.

My wife and I are here now in block one and we are having a great time!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast