Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I hope some answers to these questions are posted soon!

Hi Randy,
    We are coming tomorrow, and my husband wants to go surfing off the resort. I believe it's Freights breaks. Is there a bike rental shop nearby? Can you give us that information or have it ready upon arrival? I am sure he will want to go out bright and early Friday morning. Looking forward to being there tomorrow!!
    Amy

I am trying to plan out my trip and I had a few questions about activities.... What days of the week and times are the following inclusions available? Catamaran/Sea turtle swim? Guided Barbadian green monkey walk? Shopping shuttle to Limegrove? I am also wondering when the palm garden suites will be refurbished since it was originally stated that ALL rooms would be refurbished? We upgraded to the palm garden suite from the basic palm garden room and I'm hearing a lot of people say that the palm garden rooms are run down, I'm really hoping that's not the case! When will a spa list be posted(Re-posting this as I have not had any of my questions answered yet)

Hi Randymon
    My husband and I have been to many All Inclusive Resorts and try not to pay too much attention to the negative reviews. Everyone has their own opinion and to each his own. However, we seem to be seeing the same negatives from multiple people regarding the new resort. We are coming in December and are just hoping that these issues are rectified as they are important.
    - Organization - understood new way of doing things takes time to be learned. Is the staff going to receive any training in the "Couples" way of doing things to improve this issue? Example of this is check in.
    - Bars - again I think this may tie into training and preparation. Lack of staff on hand and running out of items.
    - Cleaning rooms and stocking of mini bar - just a training issue?
    We talked my parents into going to this resort and again we do not expect everything to be perfect but would like to be assured that the comme issues are going to be taken care of.
    Thanks and we cannot wait for our trip!

I was wondering what the entire is for the gala. We've been to CN several times but they do not have a gala.

Thanks for the info! So glad you are having fun! Cannot wait to get there....13 days

Randymon,
    It sounds like there is no soft ice cream machine at CB according to one of the reviews. PLEASE, PLEASE can this be installed before October 19th? I love and look forward to my soft ice cream cone every day at Couples in Jamaica. I see a lot of people getting their cones all the time. It is cold and refreshing in the middle of the afternoon. It is my treat every day between lunch and dinner. I'm not much of a drinker during the day but love that cone. Can you tell how much I love the soft ice cream machine.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CCCCreg View Post
    How long is the trip from airport to Couples Barbados?
    About 15 minutes.

Can you please confirm if you use "do not disturb/make up room" signs?! I'm reading reviews where even such a basic door tag isn't provided? I would like to think a 4/5* resort could provide something as standard as this!

What's the latest on the floaties? Are we allowed to bring our own?!

Reports of drilling on resort, can anyone explain?

Where are the official photos?

Is the jacquzzi heater fitted yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaandBruce.PA View Post
    Randymon,
    It sounds like there is no soft ice cream machine at CB according to one of the reviews. PLEASE, PLEASE can this be installed before October 19th? I love and look forward to my soft ice cream cone every day at Couples in Jamaica. I see a lot of people getting their cones all the time. It is cold and refreshing in the middle of the afternoon. It is my treat every day between lunch and dinner. I'm not much of a drinker during the day but love that cone. Can you tell how much I love the soft ice cream machine.LOL
    LOL! I guess we will be "missing" this option together. At CTI we hit the machine at least once every day. The ice cream was good. Not like at another resort we've been to.

Counting down to Barbados. October 20 can't get her soon enough. 92 days but who is counting!

Carol and Dave.

BTW if American jerks us around again with our flight we may be getting there on the 19th too!. We already added one day and waiting for them to cancel the Sunday direct and we will need to move to Saturday for the direct. Oh well, if I get "forced" to spend an extra day somewhere, I can't complain about Barbados.

Hi...Anyone can comment on what check in is like for the 2:40pm flight arrivals

Quote Originally Posted by 1rachel1 View Post
    Randymon replied some time ago that no floaties are supplied, or allowed.
    I'm a bit disappointed at this. I realize the beach is rough, so they may wash away (or blow away), but...
    Randy... how about if we could only use them behind building 1 in the back 2 pools? It's so nice to float in an adult only pool. Something one cannot do in a family pool with screaming kids splashing everywhere.
    One of my fav. things about CSA was bringing floaties into the calm ocean... CSS also. So relaxing... I even had a stingray hiding under my floatie!

Is there a nightclub? Or a list of weekly events yet? Thanks!

Snorkeling: I know I asked this question previously and was told there was snorkeling available, but no one else has mentioned it since Can I confirm that there is at least one daily snorkeling trip? If so, does it leave from the beach like the other Couples Resorts? My husband and I love to snorkel and it's one of the main reasons we visit Couples.

Quote Originally Posted by WGoforth View Post
    CCCCreg,

The trip is about 15 to 20 minutes from the airport. You have to look really good for the guy holding the sign as it is small and not as obvious as the waiting rooms in Jamaica. The transfer company is called "Sun Tours" and they wear yellow shirts.

My wife and I are here now in block one and we are having a great time!
    Thanks for the information! We are booked for January. Nice to hear you are having a great time. We LOVE Couples and understand reviews, but so much negativity makes us nervous.

17. Default

Hi to all:

This will be my last specific update for Couples Barbados. As you may have seen by recent reviews, the resort is now capturing the hearts of more of our guests and the positive reviews are - generally - similar to our resorts in Jamaica. It took some time to get up to speed and we have apologized - and compensated - guests who did not receive the expected Couples experience when we re-branded.

Moving forward, we would ask that you first scour the Couples Barbados pages, review the questions and answers on this thread, and then post any unanswered questions you may have. We are trying to update the website as often as possible, including adding new pictures, activity schedules, restaurant hours, inclusions, etc.

With regard to the question of premium brand drinks that seems to be so controversial and confusing...Couples Barbados is operating in a similar way to our Jamaica Resorts. During the day - and to answer the question "why"? - as a result of increased taxes and duties on alcoholic beverages (in both Jamaica and Barbados) we have been forced to limit some "premium" brands during the day. So just as we do in Jamaica, the "premium brands" that we carry are offered in the evenings. IE, one cannot get Grey Goose at any bar until after 5:00 pm in Jamaica...nor Barbados. Starting at that time, the premium brands are available only in certain bars. I hope this clears up any and all confusion.

Now - to answer the remaining questions on this thread:

We will be at CB Oct 19th to 26th. Just wondered whether Lobster will ever be served at CB. We were at CN last week and the Lobster we had on Friday night at Otaheite was Fabulous.
    In Barbados, Lobster is only served - if available - at the returning guest dinner.

I have a few question....What is the status on an activities schedule? What days are the included excursions on?? Is there going to be a lobster night? Are any of the jacuzzis at the resort currently available for use?
    Activity schedule is posted now. Best bet for now - as we are continue to tweak the exact excursion schedule - is to ask upon check-in. No lobster night in Barbados. There is one heated jacuzzi located near buildings 5 and 6 and the back of the resort.

I am trying to plan out my trip and I had a few questions about activities.... What days of the week and times are the following inclusions available? Catamaran/Sea turtle swim? Guided Barbadian green monkey walk? Shopping shuttle to Limegrove? I am also wondering when the palm garden suites will be refurbished since it was originally stated that ALL rooms would be refurbished? We upgraded to the palm garden suite from the basic palm garden room and I'm hearing a lot of people say that the palm garden rooms are run down, I'm really hoping that's not the case! When will a spa list be posted.

Sorry, but excursion schedule is subject to change. Best bet is to check upon arrival. All occupied rooms have been deep cleaned and updated with new linens, flat-screen TVs, Ipod/Mp3 docking station, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, robes, and minibar.

I was wondering what the attire is for the gala. We've been to CN several times but they do not have a gala.
    There are two "parties" during the week. Pool party and Beach Party. Attire for both is Casual Elegance. IE, no "wife beaters" and backwards baseball caps, etc. :-)

Can you please confirm if you use "do not disturb/make up room" signs?!

Yes, there are Do Not Disturb signs in the rooms. No Floaties and we prefer that you do not bring your own. A bunch different color plastic blow-up floaties would be rather unsightly.

Is there a nightclub?
    No Nightclub. There is a Piano Lounge open until the last person leaves AND plenty of clubs within walking distance in the St. Lawrence Gap.

Snorkeling: I know I asked this question previously and was told there was snorkeling available, but no one else has mentioned it since Can I confirm that there is at least one daily snorkeling trip? If so, does it leave from the beach like the other Couples Resorts?
    We include a catamaran cruise that includes snorkeling with the sea turtles. Transportation is provided, it is not directly off our beach.

Couples Resorts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5