Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Couples Barbados Questions And Answers

Greetings to all:

After now having gone through the first week hiccups, the resort is fully operational now and all facilities are open. I am starting this thread to answer any and all questions moving forward.

We look forward to welcoming you home soon!

Couples Resorts

I am vacationing at Couples Barbados in September and I have a few questions

1. Will there be flags for drinks on the beach?
    2. Are there 4 restaurants if you count the beach grill?
    3. Will I be put in the same category of room that I have booked? (I read about someone being put in a standard room when they booked a garden suite)
    4. When will sample activities list and restaurant menus be posted?
    5. Will any included excursions be added?
    6. Will the bar stock any Jamaican alcohol such as red stripe,cocomania, or appleton rum?

Counting down the hours until our arrival on Saturday and have a couple of questions:

1. I read on your other post that we'll be guided to the next available bus/taxi. Is the cost of this included? If not, are USD accepted in Barbados?

2. Tips - we're assuming the policy is the same as Jamaica where we don't tip employees but will tip the bus driver for to/from resort transportation, and the spa staff. Can you confirm our understanding is correct?

Looking forward to our visit!

Karen & Paul

When will updated pics be posted? What about an Entertainment/Daily Schedule?

I am excited to arrive Aug 1st Hope to lay back and relax in a hammock on the beach. Thank you for including the 'continental breakfast in bed' at the very least for room service!

Can you give us more information about the scuba diving. Is it offered everyday, and what times are the dives ? Someone mentioned that you are using West Side Scuba, is that correct ? Can additional dives (other than those included) be arranged thru Couples, if so, do you know what the cost will be ?

Thanks

Congratulations to you and your team - hopefully your stress levels will reduce quickly :-) ....... Until the next challenge :-)

Now the work is complete are you able to get some of your hardwork photographed and published - maybe the website updated ???

I have to say these forums have been a great help - thank you to all who take the time to post - the information/communication is fab :-)

Looking forward to getting there next month

"Whoa - were going to Barbados" sung in our best "totally tropical" voice - lol

Mikey & Rachel x

Will CB have in-room breakfast?
    Also, does the spa do massages out near the beach?

Answers:

1. Will there be flags for drinks on the beach?
    YES
    2. Are there 4 restaurants if you count the beach grill?
    WAVES for buffet Breakfast 7:30 - 10:30 am, Lunch 12:30 - 2:30pm, Dinner 6:30 - 10:00 pm and late night (in buffet area) 10:30 pm - 5:00 am, Yes Please Veggie Bar for lunch 11:00 - 5:00 pm/Yes Please Bajan Fusion for dinner 6:15 - 8:45 pm, Dover Grill Caribbean Fusion for dinner 6:15 - 8:45pm(reservations required) , Pool Grill lunch 11:00 am - 5: pm
    3. Will I be put in the same category of room that I have booked? (I read about someone being put in a standard room when they booked a garden suite)
    OR you will be upgraded
    4. When will sample activities list and restaurant menus be posted?
    Working on it now
    5. Will any included excursions be added? Do you mean besides Catamaran Cruise, Golf, Scuba, shopping and Oistins? Not likely :-)
    6. Will the bar stock any Jamaican alcohol such as red stripe,cocomania, or appleton rum? There is drink service on the beach.
    No, Banks beer and Mount Gay Rum

1. I read on your other post that we'll be guided to the next available bus/taxi. Is the cost of this included? If not, are USD accepted in Barbados?
    Transfers are included. Once you clear customs we will be waiting for you on the outside. Look for Couples Barbados signs.

2. Tips - we're assuming the policy is the same as Jamaica where we don't tip employees but will tip the bus driver for to/from resort transportation, and the spa staff. Can you confirm our understanding is correct? Correct

When will updated pics be posted?
    Aargh! Photo equipment stuck in Customs. Rescheduled for week of July 8

What about an Entertainment/Daily Schedule?
    Working on it now

Can you give us more information about the scuba diving. Is it offered everyday, and what times are the dives ? Someone mentioned that you are using West Side Scuba, is that correct ? Can additional dives (other than those included) be arranged thru Couples, if so, do you know what the cost will be ?
    We use The Dive Shop. Additional dives may be arranged through our Tour Desk at a cost of $US85 each.

Will CB have in-room breakfast? Yes, Continental Breakfast is available in your room
    Also, does the spa do massages out near the beach? As of now, there is no spa service on the beach. The new spa is fantastic

Couples Resorts

Hi Randymon

I can't wait to arrive on Saturday of this week..thank you for keeping us all up to date with the opening.

Is there wifi in all the bedrooms at the resort and is it free of charge?
    Also even though I've travelled many times to the caribbean I've not yet learnt to scuba dive. Do you offer beginners courses?

And lastly can I book car hire at guest services or should I book this before I arrive?

Thanks and see you Saturday

[QUOTE=randymon;218675]

OR you will be upgraded

Shame this wasn't the case for us. We were the ones put in the wrong room and it took 6 days to actually admit the mistake! Here's hoping that problem won't happen to others!

Will the resort credits (and/or Romance Rewards) be used to book scuba (or other excursions)? What else is recommended to do on the island that the tour desk books?

Randymon, Why are there no glass bottom bottom excursions? It stated there was when we booked our trip. I was just wondering what happened? Are you guys working on getting that soon? Thanks....
    One more question, Does the island credit still stand as stated at booking? And do you know what places accept it?

Hi, The Ocean View Junior Suite is now the second most expensive category as opposed to the 1 bedroom Garden Balcony Suite, which we booked. That recently changed. Does it mean all of the Ocean View rooms (Suites and Jr suites) in Block 1 are completely redone and other rooms are not? The reviews have been hit or miss thus far regarding the new soft furnishings being in place (stained mattresses, couches, mismatched, old furnishings) Why? All the 280 rooms have not been redone??? We arrive July 13. Thank you so much for your time. A worn, outdated room would be very disappointing.

More Answers:

Is there wifi in all the bedrooms at the resort and is it free of charge?
    The Wifi is free of charge. Just as in our Jamaica resorts, it can be a bit spotty in certain locations
    Also even though I've travelled many times to the caribbean I've not yet learnt to scuba dive. Do you offer beginners courses?
    Since we do not own the dive shop in Barbados, we are unable to include a beginner's course

And lastly can I book car hire at guest services or should I book this before I arrive? Our tour desk can arrange a car hire for you when you arrive.

Will the resort credits (and/or Romance Rewards) be used to book scuba (or other excursions)?
    In Barbados, A resort credit may be applied to room category upgrades (subject to availability), spa and salon services, private dinners, photos and photo packages from resort photographers, telephone charges dialed from room, general manager's special wine list, gift shop or romance packages. Resort Credit is non-transferable, non-redeemable and expires at check-out.

What else is recommended to do on the island that the tour desk books?
    Talk to the resort tour desk for sightseeing ideas or visit Visit Barbados

Randymon, Why are there no glass bottom bottom excursions?
    We were unable to negotiate a price that would allow us to include it. Please remember, that only Couples Barbados includes transfers from the airport, golf, scuba, catamaran cruise, and shuttle to Oistins - AND, that the introductory pricing is extremely competitive.

One more question, Does the island credit still stand as stated at booking? And do you know what places accept it?
    Free Spending Money

Hi, The Ocean View Junior Suite is now the second most expensive category as opposed to the 1 bedroom Garden Balcony Suite, which we booked. That recently changed. Does it mean all of the Ocean View rooms (Suites and Jr suites) in Block 1 are completely redone and other rooms are not?
    Supply and Demand. Ocean Rooms and Suites are more popular than Garden

The reviews have been hit or miss thus far regarding the new soft furnishings being in place (stained mattresses, couches, mismatched, old furnishings) Why? All the 280 rooms have not been redone???
    I have stated previously that when we took over the hotel, the rooms were in fairly decent condition. We have deep cleaned the rooms and made sure everything in the rooms work. We have not replaced the furniture.

Couples Resorts

Hi all can someone give me the email address for the couples Barbados reception or the concierge please

In a prior "Answers" post when asked about excursions you said "Do you mean besides Catamaran Cruise, Golf, Scuba, shopping and Oistins? Not likely :-)" I had not read anything about a shopping shuttle....so does that mean there will be one, and if so to where?

What kind of entertainment is offered at Couples Barbados? Is it just local bands?

Hi Randymon,

We will be celebrating my boyfriend's birthday at Couples Barbados, and I was wondering if there is any way to order a birthday cake, or something like that, to be delivered at dinner? If so, how do I do it? Thanks!

Please confirm what buildings the ocean view junior suites are in......is only block one as i understand these have been refurbished!

We are arriving July 1st for 10 days and are so excited! We stayed at Couples San Souci and loved it! We hope to really receive the same level of service at Barbados Couples however have been reading the reviews and really hope all the kinks are getting worked out! How can you select the type of alcohol in the mini fridge in your room? I also understand there is a repeat guest dinner....how is one to get invited? Any updates you can provide would be appreciated! Thanks Chris & Bill

Randymon,
    Can you tell us the time the Catamaran Cruise leaves from Couples Barbados and where does it go?and what is the length of time it is out?

Randy I have asked this question on TA due to all of the problems and issues reported so will ask again here in case you have not seen it on TA.
    We are arriving next Tuesday for what we hope will be a nice week at CB and want to be assured that by that time (if not before) all services, facilities and areas will be as advertised when we booked. Moreover will the issues - around under-staffing, lack of beach towels, poor drinks, bar and waitress services, lack of front desk response and re/action all be fully resolved. In essence can you confirm that achievement of the "normal" Couples level of excellent service be in place by then?

When do you think we will see some website updates for CB? Updates such as new pictures, sample menus/activities lists,a spa brochure,and a map/360 view like the other resorts have.

Randymon- Can you please update your list of the "hiccups" that you posted on June 20? What projects are still ongoing at CB? Also, when will the drilling/hammering/construction be finished (I understand it is still happening today)? Thanks!

More Answers:

Hi all can someone give me the email address for the couples Barbados reception or the concierge please
    cbd.gr@couples.com

In a prior "Answers" post when asked about excursions you said "Do you mean besides Catamaran Cruise, Golf, Scuba, shopping and Oistins? Not likely :-)" I had not read anything about a shopping shuttle....so does that mean there will be one, and if so to where?
    The shopping shuttle takes guests to LimeGrove in Holetown. Limegrove - About The Lifestyle Centre

What kind of entertainment is offered at Couples Barbados? Is it just local bands?
    We have a house band that plays nightly

We will be celebrating my boyfriend's birthday at Couples Barbados, and I was wondering if there is any way to order a birthday cake, or something like that, to be delivered at dinner? If so, how do I do it? Thanks!
    You can arrange for a birthday cake - and maybe you'd like a private dinner on the beach? - through Guest Relations in the lobby

Please confirm what buildings the ocean view junior suites are in......is only block one as i understand these have been refurbished!
    Ocean Junior Suites are in building #1.

We are arriving July 1st for 10 days and are so excited! We stayed at Couples San Souci and loved it! We hope to really receive the same level of service at Barbados Couples however have been reading the reviews and really hope all the kinks are getting worked out! How can you select the type of alcohol in the mini fridge in your room? I also understand there is a repeat guest dinner....how is one to get invited? Any updates you can provide would be appreciated!
    There is a mini-bar card in the room which shows the available selections. Register at Guest Relations as soon as you arrive. The returning guest cocktail party is at 7:00 pm in the Piano Bar on Tuesday, followed by dinner at 7:30 in Yes Please restaurant

We are arriving next Tuesday for what we hope will be a nice week at CB and want to be assured that by that time (if not before) all services, facilities and areas will be as advertised when we booked. Moreover will the issues - around under-staffing, lack of beach towels, poor drinks, bar and waitress services, lack of front desk response and re/action all be fully resolved. In essence can you confirm that achievement of the "normal" Couples level of excellent service be in place by then?
    Normal services and facilities are currently in operation

When do you think we will see some website updates for CB? Updates such as new pictures, sample menus/activities lists,a spa brochure,and a map/360 view like the other resorts have.
    We intended to have some professional photography taking place this week, however, Barbados customs has held up clearance of the equipment. The 360s are rescheduled for the week of July 8. I have been trying to get as many shots as I can - amateur, of course - and I will figure a way to post them upon my return to Florida in the next few days, including sample menus and activities.

Can you please update your list of the "hiccups" that you posted on June 20? What projects are still ongoing at CB? Also, when will the drilling/hammering/construction be finished (I understand it is still happening today)?
    All major works are completed and all facilities are operational. The "drilling" you reference was for the installation of a glasses rack in the bar and for the new Living Wall in Waves. It was for less than 1/2 hour. Disappointing that mention of this even made it beyond idle conversation at the resort.

Can you tell us the time the Catamaran Cruise leaves from Couples Barbados and where does it go?and what is the length of time it is out?
    The shuttle for the catamaran cruise leaves the resort at 3:30 pm, taking guests to the Bridgetown Pier. The cruise is from 4:30 - 6:30 and guest will be back at the resort around 7:00 depending on traffic.

Couples Resorts

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast