Default Booking CTI 1st time...advice?

My fiancé and I are about to book Couples Tower Isle for 7 nights as our honeymoon for April 2014. Anyone have any advice about what room we should book, what part of the resort we should stay in, food we should definitely have or not have, and things we should do? Looking forward to it!!

You will love CTI! You can't really go wrong with any of their rooms but we prefer the premier rooms.

Definitely go to Bayside! Its our favorite. Eight Rivers is a must too. For lunch we love the Beach Grill. The jerk chicken, patties and fish sandwiches are so good.

Make sure to go to Dunn Rivers and get on a catamaran cruise.

You should read some of the older threads. Lots of good information there. Every question you could have, has been answered.

shan2506, allinclusiveoutlet.com has the best rates and you get the same promo perks as Couples offers, if there are any, such as resort credits. An even better deal if you're like us and want a flesh and blood travel agent to make reservations and handle any problems that might pop up, is to find one that will price match the cheapest rate you can find. We got our Premier Ocean View room for this Aug and next for $21 less per night than the Couples rate. If it's within 310 days of your trip you may save on airfare by getting that with the room from your travel agent. That saved us another $400, less than any fares I could find on my own.

Book the category of room you want. We have stayed in Premier Rooms in Building 2 & 3, and Deluxe in Buildings 1 & 4. Next year we have a superior booked and they are in Building 5. All rooms have a view. Buildings 1-4 are ocean out to the island. Building 5 looks out over a cove.

We love all the restaurants. I think Verandah and 8 Rivers are our favorite. But then we like Bayside also. tough call. Try them all!
    Vicky

If you can afford the difference in price for an Ocean Front room, try and get one in Buildings 3 or 4. They have a direct view of the ocean and tower isle. Since all of the restaurants are excellent I would try them all. Don't miss Dunns River Falls. You will have a great time. Good Luck!

Hi Shann!
    My husband and I went to CTI for our Honeymoon two years ago and had an amazing time, you're picking a fabulous resort! I would definitely recommend a one bedroom ocean view suite. The suites are the only rooms on CTI that have a mini bar which is stocked daily. There is also a great patio, two rooms and a Jacuzzi tub that overlooks the water and island. The two rooms were great for us, because I would wake up before my hubby and be able to make coffee and read on the balcony without waking him. Our room was on the first floor close to lobby which was great access getting to the beach or pools. CTI has a more "hotel" feel so there isn't a lot of walking no matter where you stay. With 7 nights, you'll be able to check out all the restaurants. If you can, try to book dinner on the beach, sooooo romantic. Did you book yourselves or through a travel agent? You can always set up something where you're friends and family contribute to your Honeymoon and then book the dinner that way. As for things to do - we went horse back riding, it wasn't on the beach, but still a lot of fun with the group and spectacular views of the island. We also went to Dunn's River Falls - a MUST! Check out online to find out when the cruise ships will be there and AVOID those days. We went on an "off" day and we were one of the only groups going through so it was quick. We did snorkeling which was a blast too. You guys will have so much fun no matter what you do or where you eat!!! ))))))))

All the rooms have mini bars that are stocked daily. That changed in 2011.

Default Cruise ship off days?

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaK View Post
    Hi Shann!
    My husband and I went to CTI for our Honeymoon two years ago and had an amazing time, you're picking a fabulous resort! I would definitely recommend a one bedroom ocean view suite. The suites are the only rooms on CTI that have a mini bar which is stocked daily. There is also a great patio, two rooms and a Jacuzzi tub that overlooks the water and island. The two rooms were great for us, because I would wake up before my hubby and be able to make coffee and read on the balcony without waking him. Our room was on the first floor close to lobby which was great access getting to the beach or pools. CTI has a more "hotel" feel so there isn't a lot of walking no matter where you stay. With 7 nights, you'll be able to check out all the restaurants. If you can, try to book dinner on the beach, sooooo romantic. Did you book yourselves or through a travel agent? You can always set up something where you're friends and family contribute to your Honeymoon and then book the dinner that way. As for things to do - we went horse back riding, it wasn't on the beach, but still a lot of fun with the group and spectacular views of the island. We also went to Dunn's River Falls - a MUST! Check out online to find out when the cruise ships will be there and AVOID those days. We went on an "off" day and we were one of the only groups going through so it was quick. We did snorkeling which was a blast too. You guys will have so much fun no matter what you do or where you eat!!! ))))))))
    Where did you look to find the "off" days for the cruise ships?

All rooms have stocked mini bars! Register with romance rewards and do a pre check in and it will be stocked when you get there. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by carrianne View Post
    Where did you look to find the "off" days for the cruise ships?
    You can just google "Ocho Rios Cruise Ship Schedule" or click this link. I've heard you definitely do not want to go to Dunns River Falls when the ships are in, so we plan to go on a day when none are scheduled to be in port.

CruisePortInsider.com - Ocho Rios Cruise Ship Schedule - 2013

We always have a Premier Ocean room in the miain building. We did do the one bed suite once but I would say not worth the extra money. A lot of people like the junior suites. You will love CTI the staff and the restaurants are fabulous. Eight Rivers really was fantastic last year.