Default Wifi at CN NOT WORKING

We are in Building 6 at CN currently and can not get connected to the internet. We are actually using the next resorts wifi to get on. When we connect it says Limited Connectivity and No Internet access. We were wondering if anyone else is having these issues at CN and if so and you fixed it please tell us how.

Thanks

Since they've changed the wifi to require a login code, recommend going to the front desk and asking for a new code. My second recommendation is to write the code down on a regular piece of paper. The front desk prints it out on one of those receipt rolls, and it becomes harder and harder to read after a few days.

If you are staying longer than 7 days, you will have to make another trip to get a new code. (This is based on our experience in December.)

We were in building 2 last week and had spotty internet and sometimes we could not get on at all. When I asked I was told that some equipment was damaged by a lightning strike or power surge (not sure of the details) and they were trying to relocate the working repeaters in such as way as to make sure as much of the place as possible had at least some connectivity, even though it would be spread sort of thinly until everything is fixed. We had not trouble getting connected at Cassava, the main beach, or the nude beach. Have you tried other places besides your room?
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes as your stay goes on.

We were there about a month ago. We really had trouble at night, probably because so many people were getting on. We then tried it in the morning and had no problem, mon. Good luck.

As I mentioned above the WiFi was pretty bad in building 2 a couple of weeks ago. But on our previous visit the WiFi was nearly flawless. Good, reliable WiFi (like we had in the past) is not only one of the reasons we choose Couples, but it is also something I have bragged about to people to whom I recommend Couples resorts. I hope they take this seriously and get this fixed right away because if they realize it or not it is an important part what helps people choose a resort. Plus... I look like and idiot for praising CN for their great WiFi to other folks who will end up disappointed when they get there.
    Randymon- please get this fixed asap! It might be more important that you know.
    Respect every time,
    Roy

We were at CSA a couple weeks ago and the WiFi was spotty at best. There is a new policy at CSA, not sure about the other Couples resorts, that the WiFi is open and no password is required. The first couple of days we had a terrible time getting logged on with our iPhones, iPad and Kindle Fire. It seemed to improve as the week went on, but still had problems off and on. Also the printer in the internet café was down for several days which precluded many people from being able to print out boarding passes and baggage fee receipts before checking out. These tech items are important to many folks and should be maintained to function at least at a basic level of dependability. Just my 2 cents.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    As I mentioned above the WiFi was pretty bad in building 2 a couple of weeks ago. But on our previous visit the WiFi was nearly flawless. Good, reliable WiFi (like we had in the past) is not only one of the reasons we choose Couples, but it is also something I have bragged about to people to whom I recommend Couples resorts. I hope they take this seriously and get this fixed right away because if they realize it or not it is an important part what helps people choose a resort. Plus... I look like and idiot for praising CN for their great WiFi to other folks who will end up disappointed when they get there.
    Randymon- please get this fixed asap! It might be more important that you know.
    Respect every time,
    Roy
    I agree, this was one of the biggest disappointments I had with the resort. I know it is paradise and that internet is not "needed" but during our downtime we would have loved to share photos with family and friends. I was able to get connections at places such as Cassava Terrace and the pool deck but not much anywhere else. This issue should be resolved quickly as it is a common item folks look for on their honeymoons and vacations, especially in a foreign country where phones do not work.