Default Rainy day activities?

Other than heading back to the room which I'm sure we'll do during some rainy times, what do you veterans do at CSA when it's raining? Go to the indoor bars/restaurants? Any other tips or do most people head back to their rooms since so much is outdoors? We are going at the end of this month and it sounds like we may get a little bit of rain daily. Thank you!!

It can rain pretty much any day in Jamaica - but unless a major storm system is coming through that blankets the entire island, then normally the daily rain doesn't last long - just a couple of hours max.

Knowing that - on many occasions, we just stay where we are and wait it out... Maybe find the nearest bar and try a new drink or have an early / late lunch...

I can remember one time this worked really well - we were at SSB at CSS and it started to down pour - everyone left except us and the bartender... It rained A LOT for about 10 minutes, then it stopped completely and the sun came out - we were left with the entire pool / beach to ourselves! It took about an hour before the first couple finally ventured back out but we had a blast by ourselves... And no-one else came back to the beach the entire rest of the afternoon!

One thing you should definitely NOT do - don't look out your window, see rain clouds and immediately start changing plans or get bummed out - it's likely the rain you're seeing will be gone by the time you get your sun screen on!

If the rain does last all day (very rare), Couples provides an umbrella in each room, so it's easy to just not let the rain bother you at all - beaches / pools / bars / hot tubs remain open (unless there is lightning) and can be quite nice during a rain storm...

We actually sat on the beach in the rain once. We were told by one of the water sports staff “That’s not rain mon. It’s just a little moisture”.

Life is good

It rains in Jamaica almost every day, however it's usually in the late afternoon. Perfect time for a siesta or to sit at a bar and drink. It rarely rains for more than an hour, so even if you wanted to, there's not enough time to weave an ark out of palm fronds.

What you have to realize early on is that to have the most enjoyable Couples experience you don't have to DO something all the time. Slow down to the local pace of life while you're there. When it rains, sit on your balcony and breathe it in. Do nothing at irregular intervals; it's a wonderful way to live.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Lots of folks hangout at the beach bars or the swim-up bar under the thatch roof till the rain lets up. Rain always means a party at the bars. The bar tenders take advantage of the opportunity to ham it up and entertain the guests with bar games, stories and gags. You can also pass the time at one of the restaurants under cover to just watch the rain, have a bite and a drink.

You will love CSA! Have a great trip.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Hit the bars of course, the sports complex has a pool table, ping pong table or indoor gym. Get snack at the Cabana grill or a spa treatment.

When it rained at CN we would grab a drink and head for the hot tub. Or we would grab and drink and head for one of the bars. The entertainment staff also played trivia games and such - I actually won a beautiful hand painted wine bottle. Don't worry - there will be plenty to do - and if all else fails - you can grab a drink and sit on your balcony or patio - or... well you know what to do - after all you are at Couples! Enjoy!

Hot tubs by swim up bar.
    Sports complex is also fun (ping pong, pool, sauna, hot tub and other stuff) but make sure to bring alcoholic drinks with you.

We were at CSA in July 2008 when a little terrier took refuge on our verandah during a storm. He spent several hours with us, and we rewarded our friend with a little chicken.

Even if you’re not lucky enough to make a new friend, there are still a number of things you can do to pass the time on a rainy day:

Get a massage, facial, or other spa treatment

Work out

Curl up on your verandah and read or listen to music

Enjoy a few drinks at the bar while watching the storm

Play cards

Catch up on your email correspondence

Play a game of pool or ping pong

Grab a bite to eat

Spend some quality alone time in your room

Get to know some of the other couples who, like you, are waiting out the storm

Have a great trip.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Other than heading back to the room which I'm sure we'll do during some rainy times, what do you veterans do at CSA when it's raining? Go to the indoor bars/restaurants? Any other tips or do most people head back to their rooms since so much is outdoors? We are going at the end of this month and it sounds like we may get a little bit of rain daily. Thank you!!
    I can only vouch for CTI, but last time we were there it rained almost every day and we had a great time. We hung out at the pool bar and the entertainment staff did what they are very good at. We played games (different kinds that anyone can play) and got to know other guests as well as the staff. It was very fun!!

They did the same thing at CN as posted by TL B. The entertainment staff gathered the beach and pool people to the grill/bar area and kept us busy with board games, bingo, and more. It was fun, and like TL B said, we got to know the guests. AND, they gave us play money for participating to use at the auction.

CN April 2006 (MARRIED!!)
    CN July 2008
    CTI March 2010
    CN April 2012

First time we went to CN . It was in the middle of hurricane season. We had a BLAST! It rained 2 out of the 4 days we were there. 30-40 mile an hour winds. Hot Tub and Bars. Bars and Hot Tub. The staff was great. I think we even played volleyball. You are on vacation. ENJOY.