Default Just booked couples SS for September! Have some?'s

Hi all! My husband and I are recently married and just booked our trip to couples SS for September 9th-15th! Will anyone else be staying there around this time? Also we have some questions

I booked our trip on Priceline and paid for the TourLink bus to pick us up, it wasn't until I started reading these boards that I found out Couples had their own little station at the airport. Would we be better off taking the tourlink bus or the one Couples provides?

Also if we do the Dunn River Falls tour with CSS is it the same thing that any other company offers (a hike up the falls and a tour) or would we be better off going with a tour company?

And I have never stayed at an all inclusive resort, and I have heard of a "No Tipping Policy" that Couples has, could we still tip if we REALLY wanted to? I bartended for so many years that I feel like an awful person not giving them anything. hehe Thanks in advance!

I don't think you would be better off using TourLink to get you to CSS, in fact maybe worse off if they stop at other resorts along the way. The shuttle for Couples will run as needed and only stops at CSS and CTI or CN and CSA. Plus the Couples lounge has free beer, soda, water and a restroom. No need to spend the extra money.
    The same is true of the Dunn river falls tour, you will be getting the same thing so why pay extra.

As for tipping please DO NOT tip. The person you just tipped could lose their job if caught keeping the money. We watched a bartender take a tip only to throw it away, gave us a wink and said $5 isn't worth my job. If you want to give them something: learn their name, talk to them, ask questions, say thank-you, and remember to write their names downs when you check- out. We have been 4 times and have never tipped and have always received great service, like our drinks are being made as we walk up to the bar before we can even order.

You have picked a great resort for you first all inclusive, you can really put your money away and not spend another dime once you get to the resort and have a wonderful time.

You WILL need tip money for the porters at the airport and the driver to CSS. They are not CSS employees...so bring some $1's. I agree that the CSS transportation is sufficient.

I would take the Couples transportation. The Couples lounge is a great welcome to Jamaica. You will be greeted with a smile and offered a cold tasty beverage. The drive to CSS takes about 1:45 minutes......but goes by rather quickly, for you only make a stop for the restroom and a cold tasty beverage if you wish.

Do bring extra tipping money for the driver going to and from Couples, plus those carrying your bags at the airport. Tipping at the resort is not encouraged, but only you can decide how you want to handle that.

Wishing you a wonderful trip to CSS. We have vacationed there three times and truly love the resort & staff.

Thank you so much! I just called and cancelled my TourLink reservation! You just saved us $75!

Molly,
    RedintheHead is very WiseintheHead. I would recommend taking their advice.

And you will love Couples SS and made a great choice with your first all-inclusive trip (although it will making going elsewhere a problem!). Enjoy your trip.

Thanks so much everyone!

The Couples trip to Dunn's River Falls is free and gets there first thing in the morning before all the crowds. If you go later you have to contend with any cruise ship passengers that might be there. I would definitely do the Couples inclusion tour over any outside tour, especially one I had to pay for. Did I mention that it is free?

Tipping anyone on the resort other than spa personnel is strictly prohibited, please do not attempt as the employee can be fired.

Please do not tip. You will risk the employees job if you do. Will that make you feel good about youself? I sure hope not.

Hi Mollys83,

My husband and I just came back from Couples SS June 20th - we spent 10 days in paradise on our honeymoon. To answer your questions:

1 - we booked through the couples website and were shuttled directly from the airport to the resort. I agree with others you don't want to stop at all kinds of hotels, the ride is already 1 hour 30 minutes long so you want to get there ASAP to enjoy your trip.

2 - Dunn's River through the resort is free, check the days that cruise ships are in port and go on the days that they are not. We went on a Sunday and it was quiet, we tipped our tour guide and the guy who recorded the hike up. Some advice, make sure you have water shoes that you bring from home or buy at the resort. You can rent them there but I was not convinced with what I saw and its almost as expensive as buying your own. You can re-use the water shoes on the beach, at the Au Naturel beach where I found there was a lot of rocks and shells.

3 - No tipping Couples staff. I brought little gifts for the maids and staff at the resort. I left bath and body works soaps and hand sanitizers for the maids, crossword puzzles, pretty paper with decorative letter heads, colorful pens, hair clips, panty hose, chocolates etc. I brought thank you cards and wrote one to each of the staff that truly made our stay magical!

This was the best vacation of my entire life - we are planning to return June 2014 to celebrate our first anniversary!!

If you want any more details I wrote an extensive journal each day about things that we did and enjoyed, I would be happy to give you more details and photos. Contact me at teresamaemckenna@gmail.com

Enjoy your vacation, you certainly won't want to leave

Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by Mollys83 View Post
    Hi all! My husband and I are recently married and just booked our trip to couples SS for September 9th-15th! Will anyone else be staying there around this time? Also we have some questions

I booked our trip on Priceline and paid for the TourLink bus to pick us up, it wasn't until I started reading these boards that I found out Couples had their own little station at the airport. Would we be better off taking the tourlink bus or the one Couples provides?

Also if we do the Dunn River Falls tour with CSS is it the same thing that any other company offers (a hike up the falls and a tour) or would we be better off going with a tour company?

And I have never stayed at an all inclusive resort, and I have heard of a "No Tipping Policy" that Couples has, could we still tip if we REALLY wanted to? I bartended for so many years that I feel like an awful person not giving them anything. hehe Thanks in advance!
    My husband and I will be there from September 14 - 21. So we'll overlap your stay by one day! I suggest you head on over to the Meetup board and look for the Couples Sans Souci meetup board, then look for the September "Getting to know ya" thread. Everyone posting on that board will be at Couples San Souci at some point during the month of September, 2013.

Oh if you want to ride horses in the water, the Hooves trip is worth it. If you arent an english saddle thoroughbred rider there is no need for the private ride. You will do the same thing everyone else does except you cant gallop. Looking back I would use that 75$ you saved for a zipline, horseback, or other fun time.