Default Questions about CTI

We are planning a trip to CTI in March. I have a couple of questions...is there a bathroom on the island? And is there and easily accessible point to get in the ocean from the island?
    Thanks!

Two very good questions.
    Does anyone have the answer??

Yes they do have a bathroom on the island. They only have one, so it is shared between males and female. The just did a remodel so it is nice. They have stairs going into the ocean for you can swim.
    Irie Mon

Yes there is a bathroom. I don't think many people swim from the island. I may be wrong though.
    Kristen

Yes, and yes. The restroom was redone with renovations. There is only one--not a male and female. It is in the tower. You can access the ocean from the dock area or further down to the right, there are stairs from land to ocean. Both are on the part of the island that faces the mainland.
    Vicky

Hi Folks and Welcome! My husband and I were @ TI last June, for the first time. We saw a small boat giving rides to and from the island. We were told that if you stand @ the end of the pier, it takes you over and if you're ready to come back, stand where it dropped you off. We never went over so, I can't answer the bathroom part. Hope it helps a little! When in March are you going? We're going back March 28th.

Yes the bathroom on the island has recently been refurbished. Yes you can enter the water at 2 locations. Steps lead directly into the water and you can access via the very small beach (20 square feet) by the jetty. However swimming is not great due to the rocks and waves. I love to swim from the island all the same. Why so many people are hung up about the bathroom I don't understand. You have made a great choice, we are headed there in 2 weeks, this will be our 18th visit, we are beside ourselves with excitement already!

When we went back in 2005, there was a couple that swam to the island every morning and swam back to the resort each evening. Now that is what I call time management. No waiting on the dock for a stinking little boat for these people... Badges, badges, we don't need no stinking badges or boats either apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by daveandali View Post
    Yes the bathroom on the island has recently been refurbished. Yes you can enter the water at 2 locations. Steps lead directly into the water and you can access via the very small beach (20 square feet) by the jetty. However swimming is not great due to the rocks and waves. I love to swim from the island all the same. Why so many people are hung up about the bathroom I don't understand. You have made a great choice, we are headed there in 2 weeks, this will be our 18th visit, we are beside ourselves with excitement already!
    Daveandali!! Lucky you to be going back to TI! Sandy and I are going to be at CSA in 2 days! We are taking a quick trip with my parents and my mom wanted to go to CSA. Please send us an email, we lost your address (well Sandy did lol). We'll be headed back to TI in May with some of the other couples we met.

Enjoy your trip!

My wife and I went swimming/snorkeling off the island last April. There is a small sandy beach near the dock where you can go into the water. However you NEED water shoes or flippers because of the spiny urchins in the water. they don't attack you. They just sit there. I would also recommend a snorkel mask because of the vegetation and large rocks in the area. You will need to see your way around. Once you get about 20 yards off the island, the snorkeling is OK, but not the best. Its a lot of fun and challenging to see if you can make it completely around the island. You need to be a good swimmer though.

Great! Thanks everyone!!