Default Cigarettes cigars cigar

If you have been to CN then you understand! My wife and I are wondering if he is still peddling up and down the beach? I understand a lot of people find the vendors annoying but his signature call was our way of officially starting our day. We are due home the 20th and can't wait!!!

He most surely was in late March...once you hear that, it will be forever in your mind! Have fun!!

We call him "Hat", but I think his real name is George. He's been walking the beach for as long as I've been going to CSA (12 years), selling "Cigarettes, Cigars, Cigars, Rolling Papers". One of the beach songs we look forward to hearing each time.

Name:  hat.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  128.5 KB
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

He's still there!!! I know I love that little call he has lets you know you've come home again! Here's a video tribute to Andre...Cigarettes.. Cigars.. Cigars.. Sunshades.. its gonna be hot, hot, hot... in Jamaica vacations 2011 - YouTube

It's gonna be hot!

He was walking the beach in November when we were there.

I know what you mean. At csa, I find the vendors entertaining myself. Have a great trip!

It's gonna be hot, hot, hot...
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

If you are refeering to Andre ( Longback beach name) Tall thin, changes color of his hair, yes he is there spoke to him by cell last week.

He was there in April. I have one of his tee shirts to prove it.

We too don't feel we've arrived until we hear his call.

We are at CN right now. Cigarette man is alive and well. We have seen him every day. We love him too.Just all part of the Jamaica experience.

He was still there in December just like always .... "It's Gonna Be HOT HOT HOT!!!!!" .... Can't wait to hear that call again .... Just like the tree frogs, it means we're HOME!!!!
    Julie

He was still there in January when we were there. You know you're at CN when you hear him. Heading back in January 2014 for trip #5.

Duane

Default He was there last Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by TC25 View Post
    If you have been to CN then you understand! My wife and I are wondering if he is still peddling up and down the beach? I understand a lot of people find the vendors annoying but his signature call was our way of officially starting our day. We are due home the 20th and can't wait!!!
    As of last September he was still there. My husband and I got a kick out of that guy. He was amusing and his little chant is catchy. My husband even began to sing that little "cigarettes cigars cigar" chant to himself and to me throughout our vacation.

YES, he is! We buy our smokes off him and last time we bought his tshirt!
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010

Yep, he's still there. We were at CN about a month ago.

But to be clear it is two different guys. The guy in the video is not the guy in Fawridge's photo.

Thanks for all the feedback! We are excited to know we aren't the only ones who enjoy hearing him every day. 13 days and counting!!

Fawnridge's photo is from CSA. As he said, a great melody (his voice) lets us know we are back home. 3 seconds into our wedding ceremony on the beach at CSA on 4/20/13... From about 50 yards away.... There came the sound. We both burst out laughing, which caused a very puzzled look on the Minister's face. Priceless moment!

Default Cigarettes on the beach(do you need a smile?)

Quote Originally Posted by TC25 View Post

Check out this video taken on the beach at CN. I watch it every couple of days and I smile every time. Takes me back to the beach. Only 108 days til home.

cigarettes on the beach - YouTube
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Just saw Andre saturday walking the beach at CN. Still there, and walking the beach.

We have converted Cigarette man into an Alabama fan! Love that guy!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  217.7 KB