Default Are garden suites a good choice??

Hello,

I'm going to CN in May2014 for my honeymoon. I think we are pretty set on the garden suites but can anyone help me on the location of these suites? Being on the beach is not important, we actually want the seclusion of the gardens. But is there a noise problem from the road? Also would anyone consider the main floor or higher up for one of these suites?

Thanks for any advice on this!!!

Hi we have just returned from CN (30 June) and were originally accommodated in building 3 but had to request a room change due to excessive road noise!! We were moved to block 2 fantastic view of the pond and Spa, no road noise a much better option.

QUOTE=Belle82;219328]Hello,

I'm going to CN in May2014 for my honeymoon. I think we are pretty set on the garden suites but can anyone help me on the location of these suites? Being on the beach is not important, we actually want the seclusion of the gardens. But is there a noise problem from the road? Also would anyone consider the main floor or higher up for one of these suites?

Thanks for any advice on this!!![/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. We stayed in a garden suite at CN in November 2011. we were in Building 8 which a number of people on the message board have said you should stay clear of because of the road noise. To be honest, we rarely heard the road and when we did, it was not an issue. There are garden suites in buildings 7, 8 and 9 and I assume some in buildings 2 to 4 also. I do not think there are any in building 6 and am not sure about buildings 1 and 5. Regarding the main floor or higher is a personal preference. We know some people who like the main floor so they can just step out their door to the gardens or to walk to the beach. We are on the other side where we want to be on the second or third floor so that we have a balcony that not just anyone walking by can see in. Also nice to sit on the balcony in the AM or PM and not worry about crabs or other unwanted guests.

Below is a picture from our room.
    Name:  PB150013.JPG
Views: 672
Size:  119.4 KB

I agree with b775pd about building 2. We were on the second floor of building 2 and we overlooked the spa and had a nice view of the pond. In general it was a nice, quiet location. The only times we encountered noise were when some of the housekeeping staff were talking to each other loudly as they did their work early in the morning. This happened with the grounds crew, too. However, this only happened a couple of times.

Default Garden View room in Bldg. 2

I thought I'd post a photo to go along with my previous reply in this thread regarding Building #2. This was the view from our Garden Suite room on the second floor in Building #2. The building you see in the first photo is the spa with the pond to the right. The second photo is our view of the beach if we leaned over the balcony and looked to the left.

Name:  view from room.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  10.3 KBName:  view of beach from room.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  15.4 KB

We have stayed at the garden verandah many times and would not change a thing. We always found it to be peaceful, comfortable, everything we need.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    . . . There are garden suites in buildings 7, 8 and 9 and I assume some in buildings 2 to 4 also. I do not think there are any in building 6 and am not sure about buildings 1 and 5 . . . .
    Unless there has been extensive remodeling since our last visit in 2011, there are only 6 garden suites at CN, and they are located in Buildings 8 and 9. I think most of the posters are referring to garden rooms, which are spread throughout the property. If you have booked a garden suite, as opposed to a garden room, then you'll be staying in either Building 8 or 9. Building 9 has suites at either end. Those closer to the beach are the beachfront suites, and those located further away from the beach are the garden suites. My sister and her then-husband booked a garden suite when they visited CN with us in 2010, and they were upgraded to a beachfront suite on the third floor of Building 9.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

For us, there is no other option. We save the money and enjoy the ocean view when we are on the beach, which is most of the time.

We always stay in garden suites. There are only 6 as the above poster said, in blocks 8 and 9. 8 is a bit noisier but not much and it's never been an issue for us. I would ask for the second or third floor IF you plan to use the hammock. It's a bit odd sitting in it with people walking by. Also, you do get a bit of an ocean view from the veranda, especially on the third floor. However, it can also be nice to walk off your veranda onto the property.

If it's your honeymoon, I'd splurge on the suite. Advantages are: more room including a small sectional wicker sofa, huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower, and hammock. That said, if money is tight, you'll be fine in a regular room . . . outside of your room, everyone is treated exactly the same!

Quote Originally Posted by ggo85 View Post
    If it's your honeymoon, I'd splurge on the suite. Advantages are: more room including a small sectional wicker sofa, huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower, and hammock. That said, if money is tight, you'll be fine in a regular room . . . outside of your room, everyone is treated exactly the same!
    Agree with the more room. I'd also say that if you can, splurge. The room is great. Attached some pictures of the sofa in the room, the bathroom and balcony.
    Name:  PB140001a.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  36.5 KB
    Name:  PB140003a.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  34.3 KB
    Name:  PB150011a.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  44.4 KB

Also, it appears I was mistaken as to what buildings. I knew of 8 and 9 and just assumed on the others. My error. Sorry for the confusion. We were in 8307 if I recall.

Enjoy your trip. It's your honeymoon so just relax and have fun.