Default Delta and 7 Days****

As we were double checking our flight time we realized Delta is now offering and earlier flights that were not there when we booked a few months ago ARGGGHHH!!! Their transfer fee is $235 PP!!! Instead of getting to CN after breakfast now its after lunch......anyone know a way to get the earlier flight?

We are headed to CN on Monday
    KJ

The only way I know to possibly get the earlier flight without fees is to show up for the early flight and see if they let you on...

Sometimes if the earlier flight is less crowded, and the later flight is over crowded, Delta will gladly wave the fees if you're standing there in person, ready to get on the plane...

Of course, if they don't let you on then it can suck waiting around the airport for the later flight.

Did you go through a travel agent? Call her/him if you did and maybe they can help. Other than that, arrive at the airport early and see about getting on the earlier flight. Where are you flying out of? I know every year the flights from 8:15 to 12:15 are usually full to capacity. This year demand must have been high for our flight got moved to a larger plane and those seats filled within a few days. Good Luck!

Show up at the airport early and see if you can get on standby for the earlier flight.

Other than paying the fee, nope. We had a similar situation. We had booked our flights (with Delta) 6 months in advance. During that time, their schedule changed and when we logged into our account on Delta it said the schedule had changed and we could accept the new flight times or change them. So, we tried to change them to get an earlier flight....nope! They still insisted we pay a change fee. No worries though, we still had a great time (even though we got delayed in Atlanta on the way to MBJ).
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

If you are not wanting to pay for the change, one suggestion that might work......if you arrive in ATL in time to catch that earlier flight and you carry-on all baggage, you can go directly to to gate of the earlier flight and try to go standby. You can only get on if there are seats and you have no checked bags.

I booked directly through Delta, no travel agent. Good advice though overall, now lets play the odds. Odds are good for the early morning flight but the next leg is in Atlanta and from what I saw I think it was a 747.
    KJ

Quote Originally Posted by KJW View Post
    As we were double checking our flight time we realized Delta is now offering and earlier flights that were not there when we booked a few months ago ARGGGHHH!!! Their transfer fee is $235 PP!!! Instead of getting to CN after breakfast now its after lunch......anyone know a way to get the earlier flight?

We are headed to CN on Monday
    If Delta makes a schedule change to your initial reservation you can request a change with no fee to the earlier flights. Keep checking and good luck.

If you used a travel agent, ask her to check to see if there are many seats available on the earlier flight (you can even do this yourself, but it involves pretending like you are going to buy a ticket on-line, and then canceling the transaction before giving your credit card number). If there aren't any seats available, there's no point in showing up at the airport to try standby. If a few seats do become available, trust me, they will go to any frequent flier who has status with Delta. Check again the day before the flight. Same situation - if there a fair number of seats still available on the earlier flight, go to the airport early and ask to do standby. In my experience, you CAN fly standby, even if you are checking bags, although you will need some cooperation from the ticket agent. And not that I am a credit card pitchman, but if you sign up for the Delta credit card, that will give you some priority in the system.