Default Nude Sans Souci versus CTI

We are trying to decide between CSS and CTI. Any suggestions? Do they both have swim up bars in the nude pool? CSS has a nude beach, is it on the ocean or a cove? Can you walk nude from the pool to the beach or do you have to cover up? Do both have plenty of loungers and plenty of shade? Is there a long section of beach at both resorts that you can walk clothed? Are they both in the same town? Suggestions on where to request your room? Are all rooms ocean front? Sorry for all the questions. Beth

Do they both have swim up bars in the nude pool? Yes, both have swim up bars in the nude pool.

CSS has a nude beach, is it on the ocean or a cove? It's on the ocean, but a small peninsula separates it from the main resort.

Can you walk nude from the pool to the beach or do you have to cover up? Yes, at CSS you can roam about the entire au natural area nude - to and from the ocean and pool, bar, grill and bathrooms.

Do both have plenty of loungers and plenty of shade? CSS nude area has more shade than CTI, both have plenty of loungers.

Is there a long section of beach at both resorts that you can walk clothed? Both CSS and CTI have beaches where you must be clothed. Actually CSS main beach allows topless. CTI does not. They are both private beaches, and are not what I would consider "long" beaches.

Are they both in the same town? Yes, the two resorts are within 10-15 minutes drive of one another. You can do a trading places day and experience a day at the other resort.

Suggestions on where to request your room? CTI, I'd suggest a Deluxe Ocean View or higher category. CSS I highly recommend the Beachfront Suites

Are all rooms ocean front? No, not all rooms are ocean front at either resort.

Sorry for all the questions. No Problem!

Now my opinion: We have been to CTI several times and CSS once. We are returning to CSS in June. I love CTI, but my opinion is that the au natural facilities at CSS are far superior. The island has its own charm, but CSS just feels classier and cleaner to me. Additionally, all rooms at CSS are suites, and I like that set up a lot better than just a "room" at CTI. That being said,I think I prefer the staff at CTI. Food is excellent at both places. Either way, you can't go wrong!

We have stayed at CSS 8 times, and have gone over to CTI 3 days for Trading Places. We have all kinds of information that we can give to you, but it is far more than we could post on the message board. If you are interested, send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca , and we'll send the information to you, along with some pictures from a couple of our trips, including pictures of the island at CTI, and Sunset Beach at CSS (all taken early, of course, before anyone else was there).
    (Karen&Paul)

Weve been to all three nude facilities. Each one of them is unique and has its own positives that the other ones dont have. (CN for its great beach, CTI for the private island and the cool tower, and CSS for its large pool, grotto, grill, and accessibility). We like CSS the best because it has more of the things we like all in one place. However if you combine them all, Wow what place youd have!

Jeff and Susan
    CSS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010,
    2011, 2012, 2013
    CTI: 2009
    CN: 2011

Here's my opinion of the Couples nude beaches in a nutshell...

CTI - PROS: unique experience, most social, and also has a more private area. CONS: accessibility subject to weather, only accessible from 9-5, restroom needs upgrading, only a small area for ocean access.

CSS - PROS: largest nude facility, most complete layout (beach, pool, grill, hot tub), separate men's/women's restroom. CONS: walking distance to get there, river flow causes cold ocean water and rocks/debris on ocean floor, some gawkers from boats and public beach across river, clothed people allowed on at sunset.

CN - PROS: nicest beach and calm warm ocean water by far, big nude hot tub, most easily accessible 24/7. CONS: least private, must get used to clothed walking traffic & gawking across waterfront, no lunch food available onsite.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    We have stayed at CSS 8 times, and have gone over to CTI 3 days for Trading Places. We have all kinds of information that we can give to you, but it is far more than we could post on the message board. If you are interested, send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca , and we'll send the information to you, along with some pictures from a couple of our trips, including pictures of the island at CTI, and Sunset Beach at CSS (all taken early, of course, before anyone else was there).
    My wife and I have been to CSS three times and love it. We were thinking about trying Tower Isle in October 2013. Is it OK if I email you on the address you posted and get you to send us some pics of Tower Isle? Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jandjcpl View Post
    My wife and I have been to CSS three times and love it. We were thinking about trying Tower Isle in October 2013. Is it OK if I email you on the address you posted and get you to send us some pics of Tower Isle? Thanks, Jim
    Yes, by all means, send us an e-mail!
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    Yes, by all means, send us an e-mail!
    Well, thanks anyway. We decided to go back to CSS again. Just didn't want to risk dealing with the Island being closed due to weather, etc. Just can't stand the thought of having to spend the day with clothes on! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jandjcpl View Post
    Well, thanks anyway. We decided to go back to CSS again. Just didn't want to risk dealing with the Island being closed due to weather, etc. Just can't stand the thought of having to spend the day with clothes on! LOL
    Exactly why we won't go back to CTI. It was very nice, but three days were Red Flag days with too much wind for the short trip to the island. Luckily we could go over to SSB two of those days using Trading Spaces or it would have been a HUGE bummer. CSS next time for us.

We were at CTI from June 5th to June 12th and the wind blew hard every day we were there but it never got above a yellow flag so they never closed the island. The wind was blowing so hard it was blowing salad and rice off plates when they served lunch so I'd hate to see how it would be during a red flag day out there.

We've been to CSS using Trading Spaces. Our preference is still the island but I think it has more to do with the friends we have met there. In 7 trips, we have had only day when the island was closed and that was last year. We were able to go to CSS that day even though it was not a Trading Spaces day, but I had a spa appointment, so we just enjoyed our day at the swim up bar.
    Vicky

HA!!! Too funny... that happened to us our last trip. A week at TI and we were only able to get to the island twice. It was torture looking out the balcony window at the island knowing we couldn't get out there. As much as we enjoyed the island, we'll be CSS regulars from now on.