Hybrid View

Default First timers review of CN 19-26 Sept

First of all if you are reading this and HAVEN'T booked your trip to Couples yet, DO IT NOW!!!
    We returned late last night from our 7 days in paradise known as Couples Negril. From the moment we arrived til the moment we left, everything was wonderful. I can't remember the last week that I was totally stress free like I have been for the past week.
    Everything you read on this board is absolutely true. I had some reservations, thinking that there was no way it could be that great. I was wrong. It was that great! The food rocked, especially at night. The sand was so soft and the water was so clear, you could see to the bottom, no matter what the depth was. The best part was the people, not only the staff, but the visitors. Everyone was your instant friend. There were no barriers, we were all there as happy and content couples. We hung out with newlyweds and oldyweds! At 46, we seemed to be about in the middle of the pack. The only difference seemed to be that no matter how hard us 'older folk' tried, it was really hard to party into the night. All the sand, sun, water, food and drinks seemed to catch up with us at night!
    We are already planning our reunion tour next September!
    If you have specific questions about CN, ask and I will provide the best answer I can. This post would be 10 pages long if I listed all of the highlights!!
    Lucy

lovnrumpunch

Welcome to the family of Coupleholics.

We too just returned after a wonderful week at CN ( sept 19-26) Our first time to CN after visiting CSS last December.
    CN is all that and a bag of chips, the bloody bay location the beach the food, service, and wonderful folks at the resort made it a incredible week.
    As loverumpunch stated if there are folks who want an incredible beach and to be as active or lazy as can be CN will fit the bill.
    A detail trip review soon come

Hi

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. I have never been to a couples resort before but i am getting married at couples Negril next year. I am a bit concerned though over some peoples comments about the nudist part of the beach. I want to get married on the beach, but i dont want someones naked body in the background lol, did you see alot of that or is it completely sectioned off?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    Hi

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. I have never been to a couples resort before but i am getting married at couples Negril next year. I am a bit concerned though over some peoples comments about the nudist part of the beach. I want to get married on the beach, but i dont want someones naked body in the background lol, did you see alot of that or is it completely sectioned off?
    Wedding Arch is located near the edge of the nudie beach. You may wish to visit the nudie beach the day of your wedding and perhaps ask or bribe the nice folks there to stay out of the water during the time of your ceremony.
    So you may wish to consider bringing lil gift for the nudie beach goers else you may find yourself telling your aunt mary why there are several men nekkid at your wedding enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    Hi

First of all.....to Lucy/Kevin & Scotty/Diane....thanks for making our 3rd trip to CN our best yet and for putting up with us old folks! Hats off to you, Scotty, for the Bloody Bay Yacht Club Floating Bar & Sippatorium. It was awesome!

Now to you, Gemma....
    I really don't think you have to worry about Nudies showing up in your wedding pics. The beach wedding area IS next to the Nude Beach, but when the Nudies are in the water, they look like any other swimmers. You can't tell they're not wearing swimsuits. I think most Nudies are very considerate and try to stay well out of the camera's eye.

NOW....if you're taking the 5:00 pm Orientation Tour, you may see a moon or two (or maybe more???) at the swim-up bar

Quote Originally Posted by cubbyblu View Post
    First of all.....to Lucy/Kevin & Scotty/Diane....thanks for making our 3rd trip to CN our best yet and for putting up with us old folks! Hats off to you, Scotty, for the Bloody Bay Yacht Club Floating Bar & Sippatorium. It was awesome!

NOW....if you're taking the 5:00 pm Orientation Tour, you may see a moon or two (or maybe more???) at the swim-up bar
    Lucy/Kevin, Jim and Jane, Carol and Scott. It was great meeting all you folks and thanks for making our week an incredible one.
    Jim glad you like the yacht club i know i enjoyed not having to get out of bloody bay for a cocktail LOL...
    I would love that picture the orientation women took of our bunch lol....
    Gemma I talked to the GM and he told me that there has only been once reported case of a nudie beach person walking into a wedding ceremony but I understand he was running late and in the wedding party so no fear

We Wanna Go!!!! NOW!!!
    Art xo Francine

I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to CN. While we have not been there, we have visited CSA twice and we are booked for our third trip in February. We absolutely love it!! You just can't describe the Couples experience to someone who has never been. I always say...once you go, you will know. We have no desire to venture anywhere else now. We are hoping to spend a day at CN through the Trading Spaces plan this time.

SO glad you enjoyed your trip. Couples is amazing isn't it? What is even more amazing is that it gets better every year!!!
    Kristen

I'm 29 and didn't drink but myself and the rest of us really never made it much past maybe 11:00 PM before we were back in the room for bed.

Gemma ~ The AN section at CN is boarded by bushes and you can not see the beach from the wedding area. There could be some people in the ocean, but they are so far away that you wouldn't be able to see anything anyway.

Don't be concerned, everting be erie
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Hey! It was great meeting you both at CN. You're right... it's so easy to became instant friends with the folks you meet. This was our best time yet (our fifth visit to CN). Great people, great weather, great food, etc, etc, etc!!

Well Gemma, hate to break it to you but we weren't completely sectioned off and I did see quite a bit of nudity!! It's a blast, you should try it! I think that the photographers are pretty "pro" and will make sure your pictures are stunning. The arch is close to the AN beach, and there is a pretty good chance you will see some nudity. If this really bothers you, you may want to consider the other location. We are pretty harmless though!
    Lucy

AWESOME!!! I just returned home with my wife last night(21st-28th)and as soon as we touched ground in Buffalo I wanted to get the next ticket back to CN. 95% of the staff were great and the couples at the resort were about as friendly as you will ever come across. We met several couples from everywhere which made our experience that much more special. The food was delicious and served all day/night long. My only complaint was that the breakfast sausage needs to be revisited, but that's nothing to get upset about. I've never been so relaxed and pampered like this past week in my life, unbelievable unless you experience it for yourself! This was our honeymoon and I could not have asked for a better place to be. YEAH MON!!! No problem!!! I can't wait to come back to CN and do it all over again. Thanks CN- Dan & Nicole from Buffalo, NY

PS-my favorite drink was the "Hummingbird"