Default Weather at CSS???

How is the weather at CSS?

I keep watching it and it shows rain each day...at like 40%. Just wanted to get an idea of what it will be like at the end of July....

Thanks for anyone who can let me know.

25 more days to go!!!!!

Cat & Pablo
    CSS 2013

Don't fret... they forecast rain everyday just in case. The showers, if they do happen, never seem to last long. Go and enjoy.

Pretty sure by the end of a rainy July that CSS will have fallen off the cliff into the ocean. It's a shame cause the resort has been there so long.

Unless there is a storm system moving through the Caribbean the rainfall, if it happens, is usually for a short time in the afternoon. Jamaica has a rainforest in the mountains and clouds do tend to roll down later in the day. As these clouds are usually unpredictable the weather report just tells you there is a chance of rain from them. Try to get most of your sun in earlier, do your snorkeling in the morning (calmer waters), relax and enjoy some rum. A rainy day in Jamaica is still better than a sunny day at work!

I've been wondering the same thing. We will be going to CSS late September. We are not new to Jamaica or even the Ocho Rios area and are familiar with the typical weather patterns. But the weather all over seems to not be "normal". We live in the Seattle area and have had unseasonably hot (for Seattle) weather the last couple of weeks. The weather we are getting now is what we normally get the end of July and into August. I've made the mistake of checking the weather report almost everyday. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it! Even the hour by hour forecast shows rain all the time. In past years it only showed rain in the late afternoon. Can anyone who has recently been give a report as to if "Mr. Sun" made an appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    Pretty sure by the end of a rainy July that CSS will have fallen off the cliff into the ocean. It's a shame cause the resort has been there so long.
    Too Funny! I can't hope that wouldn't happen! lol

The count down to vacation started off at 193 days...and now we are down to 23 days.

Thanks for the humor!

Cat & Pablo
    CSS 2013

I rains everyday it's called liquid sunshine! Enjoy it cause it is refreshing!

Default No worries mon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelwithWife View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. We will be going to CSS late September. We are not new to Jamaica or even the Ocho Rios area and are familiar with the typical weather patterns. But the weather all over seems to not be "normal". We live in the Seattle area and have had unseasonably hot (for Seattle) weather the last couple of weeks. The weather we are getting now is what we normally get the end of July and into August. I've made the mistake of checking the weather report almost everyday. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it! Even the hour by hour forecast shows rain all the time. In past years it only showed rain in the late afternoon. Can anyone who has recently been give a report as to if "Mr. Sun" made an appearance?
    Don't fret. We will be there the same time as you guys. This trip number 3 for us and both times we have been, rain was forcast every day but it rarely rained for more than an hour. Only one evening last year did it rain for more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    Don't fret. We will be there the same time as you guys. This trip number 3 for us and both times we have been, rain was forcast every day but it rarely rained for more than an hour. Only one evening last year did it rain for more than that.
    Thanks Novastar. Typically we've gone to Jamaica in February. Even then they forecast rain almost everyday but as you said it might only rain for an hour in the afternoon. We are trying September for the first time and are a bit nervous. Not about a hurricane but we would be really bummed if it rained all day every day. We can get that at home!