Default First trip to Couples Negril

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Couples Negril 6/8-6/14. I was very worried about everything and had researched this resort for a very long time. We made the right choice and can't say enough about the amazing time we had. My husband booked an ocean view room. It was beautiful and looked exactly like it does online. I have to admit I was a little freaked out when I found out that our room overlooked the nudie beach. But I got over that quick. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the mini bar was stocked and the air conditioning worked great. There were some small red ants in the bathroom. But I found the ant spray in the closet and sprayed. The mini bar in the room is so nice. We didn't have any problems getting it stocked and they even bring you regular sized alcohol - not airplane size minis. When it rained in the afternoon we came back to the room and had happy hour - Ting and vodka. Try it - light and refreshing. I have been looking for something similar in the states, but nothing tastes the same.
    All of the restaurants were good. We especially enjoyed the fried snapper sandwich at the beach restaurant. The beach was clean and the grounds were well taken care of. We went on the catamaran cruise and it was a lot of fun. We also stepped out of our all inclusive comfort zone and went on the One Love Bus Crawl. We highly recommend this excursion. It was fun and it was safe.
    I can't say enough about this resort. After 10 years of marriage, I feel like I fell in love with my husband all over again. We will be back!

Thanks for your thoughts!!! Pete and I will be going there for our first time to a couples resort in Nov. to get married!!!!

We will be at CSA in December, fist timers. I have been reading about Ting, what is it Is it like Sprite, 7-up, Vernors? Never heard of it before reading about it here. Is it a Jamaica thang?

I don't personally like Ting but my husband loves it. I think it kind of has a 7-up taste. They do sell it here in the states but only in certain states. Haven't found it in Indiana.

Glad you all had a great time but its kinda what is expected as long as you go wanting to enjoy yourself and take in the Jamaican way with No problem mon. Also remember there is no time limit on the no problem mon LoL. As for you that have not been yet and are booked its gonna be great.
    Ting is Grapefruit soda and it is wonderful not alot of places to get it in the states but some places have it, and yes it is a Jamaician soda and has some pulp in it so dont be surprised.

My wife and I just returned as well we were there from 7/10 to 7/17 we loved everything about the resort but did not try the Ting and Vodka. I wonder if we crossed paths while we were there...

Just returned from our 6th trip to CN and the 7th is already booked. It always feels like going home again. Welcome to the CN family. As stated above, Ting is a grapefruit based soda. The closest thing I have found to match taste is Squirt with a touch of grapefruit juice added. And your right, it mixes very well with vodka. Very refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post
    We will be at CSA in December, fist timers. I have been reading about Ting, what is it Is it like Sprite, 7-up, Vernors? Never heard of it before reading about it here. Is it a Jamaica thang?
    It's a Jamaican grapefruit soda. It's more like Fresca.

Ting is just like my old favorite, Squirt!

Not to be redundant but, Ting is a grapefruit soda which being Jamaican I would imagine uses real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup which is going to contribute to its crisp refreshing flavor. In the US look for Squirt or Fresca. Squirt is going to be sweet while all Fresca is diet (0 calories). I have always enjoyed Fresca and my wife likes to add a little vodka to hers. I have never tried it, but if your local grocery store has a Hispanic section look there for a grapefruit soda. Jarritos is a popular brand.

Or better yet, just back to Couples