Thread: Arriving at CSS

Default Arriving at CSS

my partner and i have booked an ocean one bedroom suite for early december 2013. a few questions about arriving at CSS. What airport do we fly into?
    What is this possible extra ????? Bay waiting area?
    How long is the bus ride to CSS?
    How much to tip bus driver and porters?

thank you.
    very excited... our first AI...

You'll fly into Montego Bay and after going through customs and getting your luggage, you'll see the Couples arrival lounge. Check in there, use the restroom, get a complimentary (or two) beer and/or soda or water and by then they'll be calling you to go out to the shuttle, they'll bring your luggage as it will now be tagged to what resort you're going to. Be sure you see your bags go on the shuttle you're going on... tip those luggage guys $2 per bag approx... also tip the shuttle driver when you get off the bus at CSS (about $10). The only people you are allowed to tip after you arrive at the resort are the spa personnel. Once you go off resort on an excursion etc... tip those drivers as well.

The bus ride is about 1 1/2 hours give or take, but it's a nice scenic drive, just enjoy it and relax.

Please post a review when you return and have a great time! We love CSS!

P.S. after breakfast each morning, grab some extra bread and go to the pond and feed the turtles and ducks... it's so enjoyable

You may have read that the bus ride is long, and it is. But once you arrive, you'll love it! Unpack your bags and head to the beach bar. Ask for a drink specialty, relax and look out at the ocean, revelling in the calmness of it.

Should we be tipping $10 per person or per couple for the shuttle driver? Also - do we need to split the top so each of us is handing the driver a bill?

As mentioned, the bus ride is a good 1 & 1/2 hours depending on a lot of factors. It took almost 2 hours on one trip because of rain and an accident.

On the way there, it's not problem - on the way home it can be a pain because if you're on an early flight - you have to be up really early to leave the resort and get to the airport on time! Not cool as it can put a damper on the night before as you'll need to have all your stuff packed when you go to bed...

For this reason we always opt for the later flight home.

On tipping - If it's one of the couples provided shuttles and you're not the only couple on board, then $10 / couple should be enough of a tip for a driver who gets you there safely without issue.

However, if the driver is giving you excellent service then it's always good to tip more.

For example - some drivers will talk to you about the country, town ship, culture, history etc - they'll basically give you a tour as well and we'll give them $20/couple.

Others will just crank the music up and ignore you.

Some will handle your luggage with care - others just toss everything in however it fits.

We had one driver who had to stop for gas almost immediately after we left the airport - he was a nice guy but only got $10 for poor planning...

The drivers for Couples know you're together so no need to split the tip.

Hi laurielovesthepups - To answer your question about the extra ???? Bay waiting area; are you thinking of Club MoBay? They are a fast-track service that greets you at the gate, walks you through customs, and takes you to their waiting area. They have their own lounge right next to the Couples lounge. You should check-in at the Couples lounge first though. I am not sure what their current rates are, but we've been told it's well worth it! We'll be traveling Club MoBay on our next visit.

Also, I personally think that $10 for the driver is plenty per couple, and $2 per bag for the porters.

Read Randy's post on arriving "Complimentary and timely transfers included ... IF". Basically, sign up for Romance Rewards and do early check-in at least seven days in advance.

I tip the driver $10 and the baggage guy $1/bag.

I actually like when the driver "cranks the music up" and doesn't try to engage in conversation with me. After being on multiple planes and laying over in airports for over 10 hours, I don't really feel like engaging in small talk with the driver or listening to his spiel (which may or may not contain accurate information). I guess I'm in the minority here but that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    I actually like when the driver "cranks the music up" and doesn't try to engage in conversation with me. After being on multiple planes and laying over in airports for over 10 hours, I don't really feel like engaging in small talk with the driver or listening to his spiel (which may or may not contain accurate information). I guess I'm in the minority here but that's my opinion.
    We need a "like" button. I guess we too are in the minority.