Default Jamaica Customs Form Question

Hello all, first time poster, first time Jamaica traveler and going to CN next week. As per advised here I was filling out the customs form and had a question. On part C does the pharmaceuticals question refer to prescription medications? How about OTC meds? I'll be bringing in both and was thrown off by the fact they're listed with chemicals, narcotics, other illicit drugs and biological substances. Thank you for your help.

Where di you get the form from? they give them out on the plane. I would imagine they are talking about someone on business carrying pharmaceuticals.

We have gone to Jamaica many times. Do not list our prescriptions or the OTC meds we carry. I agree with dandj, they are referring to someone on business carry pharma.

Carol and Dave...

It is not for personal use, What they are looking for there would be for resale. We have never claimed our personal prescriptions or over the counter meds.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    Where di you get the form from? they give them out on the plane. I would imagine they are talking about someone on business carrying pharmaceuticals.
    Thanks for the reply, I printed it off the Jamaican Customs Department web sight. At first glance I too thought it referred to a business person bring in pharmaceuticals but since the only foreign travel I've ever done was cruises to Mexico I have no experience with this type of government form.

Thanks everyone. Leaving tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by terrya View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I printed it off the Jamaican Customs Department web sight. At first glance I too thought it referred to a business person bring in pharmaceuticals but since the only foreign travel I've ever done was cruises to Mexico I have no experience with this type of government form.
    I can't remember is this form 1 per person or for both of us ? also, did you have any trouble using the form you printed off ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by martyjane View Post
    I can't remember is this form 1 per person or for both of us ? also, did you have any trouble using the form you printed off ? Thanks
    Well that's the catch that gets people, or at least causes airline employees to set people up for failure. The Immigration is one per person and the customs is one per family. But the form is the same for Jamaica, one on the front the other on the back. So we just both fill out both sides of it and they are always fine with it. Also, you cannot use a form printed off the internet, but it is very handy to have one with you prefilled out so you can just copy it word for word on the plane without having to dig for flight details, passport info, etc.