Default trip to Dunns from Negril

Hi! I know that a trip to the watefall is not included in the excursions from couples Negril, but i wanted to know the price and the amount of time it would take to get there. Also do we take a taxi or what? Thanks

I would personally save Dunn's for a trip to the north coast, and instead see Y/S Falls or Mayfield Falls. These are not the equal of DRF, but they are nice and easier to get to from Negril.

If you are set on it, plan a full day to get there and back. Travel each way would be 3 1/2 hours up to 4 perhaps depending on traffic. The cost by taxi would likely be between $100 and $200, plus admission to the Falls.
    It's doable for sure, but I wouldn't do it. Have fun if you do though! The falls are really nice, just be prepared for the vendor sales at the top as you try to make your way back to the parking lot.
    All the best!

It's 3 hours each way. You might want to reconsider.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Dunns River Falls is on the other side of the island. It is a 3 hour + trip each way I believe. Not sure on the price since we usually stay at CSS and it is included there. I would give the falls near Negril a try, or wait until you try either CSS or CTI.
    Linda

There are lots of places to go that are way closer. I think you could be looking at about 3 hours each way. Personally i would look at YS falls or even the pelican bar if your willing to travel

You may want to look into Mayfield Falls, closer, beautiful, laid back not touristy whatsoever!!!

3 hours each way.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Probably 3 hours each way depending on traffic, then 2 or so hours at the falls. Not worth it.

DRF is in Ocho Rios, wait until you visit CTI or CSS

Quote Originally Posted by morro015 View Post
    Hi! I know that a trip to the watefall is not included in the excursions from couples Negril, but i wanted to know the price and the amount of time it would take to get there. Also do we take a taxi or what? Thanks
    Time... Over 2 hours each way... Cost, not so sure. Takes up a hug part of a day to do that trip.

However, you can go to YS falls from CN, it is a lot closer, and I think more fun. Not crazy as Dunns. The only time I have been to Dunns, there were two ships in port, and it was a madhouse. I am reasonably sure the excursion desk at CN has either a trip to YS falls or Mayfield falls.

Frankly, I would not recommend going from Negril. It is 3+ hours one way, and having gone one year while staying at CTI, I would definitely not drive or pay to see it again -- it wasn't worth it. I would highly recommend going on the YS Falls tour instead, which also includes the Black River Safari tour, and you can even add on the Appleton Rum Tour (which I highly recommend). The tour desk at CN can hook you up, and give you other recommendations as well.

CN April 2006 (MARRIED!!)
    CN July 2008
    CTI March 2010
    CN April 2012

Thanks so much guys! I will definately try a closer waterfall.