Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: January 2014

We are super excited. We have been to the Rivera Maya the last two years and we wanted something different. I hope Jamaica and CSA does not disappoint. We would love to do the One Love Road trip, we will be there Jan 17th-23rd. Anyone else looking to get on the One Love in that time frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanzman View Post
    We are super excited. We have been to the Rivera Maya the last two years and we wanted something different. I hope Jamaica and CSA does not disappoint. We would love to do the One Love Road trip, we will be there Jan 17th-23rd. Anyone else looking to get on the One Love in that time frame?
    We will be doing the One Love on Sunday Jan 19th (but will be coming from Catcha Falling Star) - we arrive at CSA on the 20th.

Maybe we qualify for both January and February meet-ups since we will be there Jan. 31 to Feb. 6. Our 7th time to CSA; have also stayed at CN and CSS but CSA is our favorite!

NAME: Barbie and Dan
    DATES OF TRAVEL: CSA Jan 5-12
    TRIPS TO COUPLES: Twice CSA
    ROOM TYPE: Atrium Suite
    LOOKING FORWARD TO: The beach, the drinks, Bus Bar Crawl on Wednesday, everything...
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: Humming birds and Dirty bananas...
    KIDS: 2 boys 26 and 27 coming with us with their girlfriends...
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: Can't wait, love this resort and this island...

Default Started packing

Hi All,
    Travelling out on the 16th January from the UK. Second trip to CSA! Coming with my husband Rob to celebrate my 50th birthday on the 20th Jan. Most looking forward to the sun sea and sand as chilly here in the UK. I've booked the 'One Love Pub Crawl' for the 22nd any one else going on that Wednesday, would be good to hook up with you!
    The suitcase is out, pre check in done for rewards so now just 10 days left at work and let the party begin! :-)

NAMES: Shana & Paul
    DATES OF TRAVEL: Jan 9-15
    TRIPS TO COUPLES: first time
    ROOM TYPE: Beachfront something or other
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: South Jersey (15 minutes outside Philadelphia)
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Paul: golf, golf, golf, weather Shana: relaxation, beach, ocean, discovering Jamaica, couple time, no ESPN (I hope!)
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Based on what I've read, not an option at CSA. If topless is acceptable, sure.
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: Diet Pepsi & coffee
    KIDS: Lucy the Pitbull-Corgi
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: 10 (regarding going away in general). 7 (regarding Couples bc I'm not sure what to expect).

Hi everyone. My husband booked our trip as a surprise and just told me the details last week. Typically I make all of our plans after doing a lot of research, so I'm a bit nervous as I don't know anything about CSA (or Jamaica for that matter). This may be our only trip to Jamaica, so I want to do more than just sit on the beach for 5 days; I want to do something that is unique to Jamaica. Suggestions?

Now on to the issue that brought me to these message boards: Paul is from Boston and is a huge sports fan. Apparently the Patriots are playing an important game on January 11th and it will be televised on CBS. Will he be able to watch the game at CSA?? I'm trying to figure out if we should explore waterfalls or ride horses on the beach, and he just wants to watch the game! Lol

Thanks for reading.
    -Shana

Should amend above:
    Name: Denise and Rob
    dates of travel: 16/01 - 30/01
    Trips to couples: CSA once 2011
    Room type: GVS this time Great House
    Looking forward to: one love pub crawl, the sun sea and sand chocolate Martini's, seeing our american friends and my birthday on the 20th January
    Drinks looking forward to: gin and ting, chocolate martini's
    Kids: 2 boys 26 & 21
    Level of excitement : off the scale!

Don't worry about not enough to do at CSA, you will not be bored and will have the time of your life...We've been to many resorts in Jamaica and this is the only one we go to any more...Golf is a bit of a distance but there's so much to do at the resort to keep you busy. It has an amazing fitness center (yes there's sports TV there) and spa. You won't have a TV in your room unless you book a "Veranda" suite in the new section. We prefer the old section rooms (without "Veranda" in the name) as it feels like you are in a tree house (but no TV which I am happy about), you do get more windows and the foliage is much thicker so it feels more like a rain forest on the older side of the resort (and the rooms are not old but nicely renovated).
    The beach is gorgeous, rooms are beautiful, staff, food and service is the best. Let the staff teach you to sail or water ski, go kayaking down the coast-best in the morning when the ocean is super calm. Do sign up for the Catamaran trip included with your stay, also go to Ricks Cafe to watch the locals jump off the cliffs, wear your bathing suit so you can jump too if desired, go to the craft markets only if you like local crafts and haggling (we love it). Best of all, remember you are not on NJ time (I live there too so I know how we get here in NJ), you are on "Island Time", slow down, don't expect anything to happen in a hurry, relax, everything is "no problem mon" when in Jamaica...Enjoy your trip...

Am so bummed. The Packers just lost. I was looking forward to watching them in Jamaica next week. Oh well. At least I will still be in Jamaica next week. Looking forward to being in paradise with some of you soon.

Thanks for the response Barbie. I appreciate your suggestions, especially the one about NJ time. Do you know me??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie W View Post
    Best of all, remember you are not on NJ time (I live there too so I know how we get here in NJ), you are on "Island Time", slow down, don't expect anything to happen in a hurry, relax, everything is "no problem mon" when in Jamaica...Enjoy your trip...

Well, here it is, the final six sleep countdown....I think the reality finally hit. I brought up pulling out the summer cloths and she stopped paused and said, OMG....we will be there in less than a week. I have started to check the weather and of course, just our luck....RAIN! But of course, the chance of rain percentage changes everyday, so I will look again at three days out and take it from there. My wife calls me a stalker for constantly doing research on CSA, she said you won't have any surprises and I said, "We spent good money on a trip, the last thing I want is any surprises"...lol. If it does rain, if anyone would like a couple of 44 year olds to hang out with, look us up. We have a pic in our profile. Hope to meet a lot of good people, and I think the saying is "Irie"? Our first trip to Jamaica, and hopefully it blows the doors off of Cancun.

Hi there! We are traveling for the first time to CSA 1/18 to 1/25. We are also getting married 1/22!!!

Kevin is 40 and I am 35, we are from Wisconsin. We can't wait to have a good time and maybe meet some new people. We are staying in a BFVS. Our goal is to relax, have fun and party a little!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2