Hybrid View

Default First time at CN.. advice??

My fiance and I will be going for our honeymoon from September 16 - 23! Any suggestions on the excursions that are included? It seems like there are so many things to do! The pool and swim up bar will probably be a popular spot for us. I also have looked at the restaurant menus, but it looks like it's mostly for dinners.. What kind of food do they offer during the day?

Any other suggestions and advice is appreciated!

During the day, there's 2 options. You have the Beach Grill from 11a to 6p and there's burgers, fries, Caesar salad, jerk chicken, snapper sandwiches, beef patties, good soups, salad bar, chips and cheese... your basic beach grill fare. I highly recommend the smiley-face items. The other option is the lunch buffet, which has a ton of different selections, and is open from 12:30p-2:30p.

As for included excursions. The big two would be Sunset Bar Shuttle and Catamaran Cruise. There's also golf, Margaritaville, shopping trip, etc.

I'm not sure why more people don't do the Sunset Bar Shuttle, because it's a great little excursion. A complimentary van takes you to an outdoor restaurant/bar called Pushcart on the cliffs in Negril's West End. The only cost is the tip for the driver and whatever food/drink you order. You can get a table right on the edge of the cliff overlooking the most beautiful sunset ever. We got the ackee patties and a couple beers and it was under $20. It's less than 2 hours, and is a great way to get out and see the West End.

As anyone will tell you, the cat cruise is AWESOME. The boat picks you up around 3:45p or so, departs at 4p, and takes you down the Negril coast, also to the West End, but from a completely different perspective. Rum punch and beer is included, and they stop at Pirate's Cave, which is directly below Pushcart. During the swim stop, you can waterslide off the cat, swim through the cave, or just float in the water. For non-swimmers or those not interested, there's usually a decent group of people that stay on the cat. The return trip is during the sunset, which caps off this awesome excursion.

You should sign up for Romance Rewards right away. That will assure they know your arrival time, allow you to pre-stock your mini-bar, and you will have the option to visit CSA for a Trading Places day. It's only 2 minutes down the road. That would also be considered an included excursion.

Hope that helps!
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

For your first trip to CN and your honeymoon, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to. Just hang around the pool bar and beach and watch what unfolds. One day I happened to fall into an aqua aerobics class and then a mixology class. Take a snorkeling trip. The morning trips are the best and it only lasts about an hour. You are going to have the time of your life. Be excited!

Thank you so much for the tips! We're very excited!

I did sign up for the Romance Rewards last week and we'll make sure we put our flight information in. Thank you!

The last time I was at CN was in 2006 but I will be there from 8/19 thru 8/26 2013. I was there for 5 days and wished I could have stayed longer. I suggest planning everything you would like to do the first day, this way your time there is well planned. The resort has a desk designated to book outside excursions. If this is still available, try the motor boat tour. You and your significant other man the motor boat yourselves, it is a team effort. So much fun. I also suggest going shopping on the free shuttle. We were able to get gifts all at reasonable prices. We also did white water rafting, that was fun. The catamaran boat ride to Rick's Cafe is fun to do as well. Great way to visit Rick's without paying. You jump off the boat, swim thru the caves and climb the ladder up. Once there, pay $2 for a shot and jump back down to the boat. Paid for two shots but didn't jump, too chicken! You will have a great time even if you do nothing. Hanging out at the pool drinking is always fun!

Quote Originally Posted by nic73004 View Post
    The last time I was at CN was in 2006 but I will be there from 8/19 thru 8/26 2013. I was there for 5 days and wished I could have stayed longer. I suggest planning everything you would like to do the first day, this way your time there is well planned. The resort has a desk designated to book outside excursions. If this is still available, try the motor boat tour. You and your significant other man the motor boat yourselves, it is a team effort. So much fun. I also suggest going shopping on the free shuttle. We were able to get gifts all at reasonable prices. We also did white water rafting, that was fun. The catamaran boat ride to Rick's Cafe is fun to do as well. Great way to visit Rick's without paying. You jump off the boat, swim thru the caves and climb the ladder up. Once there, pay $2 for a shot and jump back down to the boat. Paid for two shots but didn't jump, too chicken! You will have a great time even if you do nothing. Hanging out at the pool drinking is always fun!
    That was actually the Pickled Parrot, not Rick's, and has since been fenced off. The cat cruise still stops there and you can still swim through the cave and see the steps that go up, but there's nowhere to go. At the top is now Pushcart, where the Sunset Bar Shuttle goes.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

The CN Cat Cruise doesn't go to Rick's.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

awwww, i didn't know that, thanks!