Default Flag Service at CTI Beach?

We're going to CTI for the first time August 18 - 26th and am wondering about the flag service at the beach, or if that's even at CTI. I know some of the other resorts have colored flags on sticks that you raise when you need a drink and someone will come and bring you a new one. Some of the posts even mention once the server got to know what you were drinking they'd have a new one to you each time, sometimes before the first was even empty. I was really looking forward to that, just really raising the phrase "lazing around the beach" to a whole new level! In fact, I've been bragging to my coworkers about this place since March, with that being one of the really cooler things I was looking forward to. My Son and Daughter-In-Law have been there twice now and told us last night that they don't offer this service at CTI, so that's a bit disappointing but also since the beach is so much smaller and the resort right ON the beach, I also know it doesn't take long at all to just go get it yourself, and probably faster. That would involve me getting my butt up and going for a stroll rather than be waited on.... (grumble, grumble)

Can anyone confirm whether they have flag service or not, or is it maybe that everyone just gets their own so they just choose not to use the flags? Please tell me my Son just wasn't paying attention (been known to happen) and they do have flag service after all! Thanks!

Yes they have flag service, we used it... You have to ask at the beach bar to get a flag thoufh

We was at CTI in April of this year and they had the red flag service on the beach then.

They don't have flag service at CTI. You have to get up, or your significant other if you can't pry your butt out of the chair and walk 100 feet give or take to the bar to get another.

We were there in April and I am happy to confirm that yes CTI does have red flag service! I just kept my flag flying and the drinks kept coming. We will be there August 24-31 so perhaps our flags/paths will cross. See you soon.

We have been to CTI several times and have seen spotty flag service a couple of times. Don't know if it was an improptu thing or what. The bars are really close to the beach and the pool, and the staff does come by occassionally and ask if you need a drink. However, I use the walk as a social event/exercise to keep me mentally and physically in shape - alright, I actually prefer to sit at the swim-up bar and blink my eyes twice when I'm ready for another.

Yes they do have that service they are not always quick at it

Yep, they sure do. They are red flags.

There is flag service at CTI. It's great. Everything you mentioned. The server did get to know us and what we were drinking. The only place we have ever experienced this kind of service. Have a great time!

There were flags when we were there Jan 2013, but they didn't seem popular with the guests. Just ask about it at one of the bars when you get there!

Thanks everyone for the responses! I'll be sure to ask for a flag when we get there, but if we have to wait long I know the bars are never far away so I can get it myself. The bars being so close is probably why so many people just get their own, which may make it seem to others that the service isn't there, particularly if it's faster to get it yourself.

When we were there in January, I was asked if I wanted a flag everyday. I opted to walk. Told the server I needed a reason to get out of the chair. Beach is not that large (like CSA) and bars are close.

Carol and Dave....

Quote Originally Posted by Randandbets View Post
    They don't have flag service at CTI. You have to get up, or your significant other if you can't pry your butt out of the chair and walk 100 feet give or take to the bar to get another.
    This is not correct.