Default Room Service Dinner-instead of Beach Party or Gala

Hi All,

Am I right that room service is available during these buffet nights? Is it a different menu than the regular room service? If you have a copy, please post to me.

Thanks for your help!

Lori

Yes, and no, not a different menu.

Last December, my husband and I ordered the room service meal the night of the beach gala at CN and it was the same menu the whole week. I think he got a burger and fries, I had mashed potatoes with maybe steak or chicken, and we shared a corn chowder and cheesecake All were very delicious!!

Do you mean for CSS. We did it for the beach party and it was not very good. I think because staff is dedicated to the party so room service slips a bit.

in the past the room service menu was grand and we used to skip the gala and get room service, not any longer.

I hate buffets. Always have. We booked a trip to CSS this November and I'm not liking the fact that all restaurants are closed during the Starlight Gala and Beach Party. I have high hopes for room service on those two nights! Using resort credits for a private dinner is also a good idea.

Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Thanks all for the responses. Hmmm, not sure what we'll do but anything we do will be great so I'm not worrying a bit.

We were in CSS in march this year for 14 nights. We booked into the palazzina restaurant for the beach party night on our second week - they don't advertise it but it is open, just with a reduced menu - book it at the customer service desk.

Here is another thought. We really enjoy the gala and beach parties but I have seen people get food and go back to their rooms to eat

We have not done room service while at CSS, but we did do a private dinner in the gazebo during the Tuesday Beach Party. It was MAGNIFICENT!! I have also read of people doing a private dinner on the balcony of their own room, which could be a very cool experience also. If you are in a beachfront suite, you would still be close enough to enjoy the entertainment, while having your own private romantic meal together.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

When we were at CSS in Jan., there was one restaurant open beach party night.

the beach party and gala might be a buffet but much more than you are probably imagining. They really go all out with the food and spend almost the whole day setting up. Years ago you were able to order filet mignon for room service and we did skip a few beach parties for this but the room service menu is much less now, good but much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I hate buffets. Always have. We booked a trip to CSS this November and I'm not liking the fact that all restaurants are closed during the Starlight Gala and Beach Party. I have high hopes for room service on those two nights! Using resort credits for a private dinner is also a good idea.
    I believe the Pallazina is open for the Beach Party. However, for the gala, all are closed.

Quote Originally Posted by grinandbareit View Post
    We were in CSS in march this year for 14 nights. We booked into the palazzina restaurant for the beach party night on our second week - they don't advertise it but it is open, just with a reduced menu - book it at the customer service desk.
    Thanks for that info!

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    the beach party and gala might be a buffet but much more than you are probably imagining. They really go all out with the food and spend almost the whole day setting up. Years ago you were able to order filet mignon for room service and we did skip a few beach parties for this but the room service menu is much less now, good but much less.
    We've been to CSS before and participated in both...we'd just like to do something different next time.

Quote Originally Posted by keki60 View Post
    Here is another thought. We really enjoy the gala and beach parties but I have seen people get food and go back to their rooms to eat
    We just might do that, thanks for the great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Jan, seems that the Pallazina is open on the beach party night and I think we may either opt for grabbing food and going back to our room or a private dinner on the beach or balcony during the Gala.

Love this message board! Great information..... Thanks, everyone
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Love the room service at CSS but love the gala even more.

Hugs from Tommywommy of 10 0 C
    Attached Images Attached Images