Default Book activities in advance at CSA?

My business partner and his wife just got back from CTI last month. He informed me that scuba diving and other activities were booked solid 3 weeks out by the time they arrived. Is this normal? Should I call CSA and book dinner reservations and activities in advance?

My fiancé and I are the outdoor activity types and will absolutely want to scuba, sail, ect. while on our vacation.

We will be at CSA 9/9/13 - 9/16/13

As far as I know, you can't book those ahead of time. You need your room number.

I don't think they could be booked solid for three weeks out since most people only come for a week or two. And softail19 said, you can't book in advance of having a room number. I've also read a number of people who said they got reservations without too much trouble.

There is a similar thread going on in the Negril travel forum on trip Advisor regarding advanced reservations for dinner and other activities. Posters over there are claiming to have contacted the resort GM's and guest relations to secure advanced reservation...hoping someone from Couples will go on there and clarify. I seriously hope this isn't happening.

I can say that when we were at CSA in June we had no problems with reservation. We checked in walked directly over to the concierge desk and secured reservation for dinner and the cat cruise before we even got to our room. Same thing with snorkeling, no problems at all. Again, I hope this advanced reservation thing isn't happening; one of the reasons we choose Couples over other resorts is because EVERY guest is treated equally.
    "Love is the only thing we have to share"

CN 3/2011
    CSA 6/2013

Quote Originally Posted by cajames View Post
    My business partner and his wife just got back from CTI last month. He informed me that scuba diving and other activities were booked solid 3 weeks out by the time they arrived. Is this normal? Should I call CSA and book dinner reservations and activities in advance?

My fiancé and I are the outdoor activity types and will absolutely want to scuba, sail, ect. while on our vacation.

We will be at CSA 9/9/13 - 9/16/13
    I think the key to booking SCUBA and watersports is just getting to the huts first thing the morning before you want to go out. The dive shop used to open around 8am and the watersports was 9, I think. Also, being flexible with your times (afternoon snorkeling vs. morning) will help. The same is true for restaurant reservations. We're also super active at Couples and long as we plan ahead a bit, have never had trouble booking tennis lessons, snorkeling, etc. The quality of their offering is excellent. Enjoy!

wow- I can't believe they were booked that far in advance, if you can't book ahead of time anyway... I inquired about this not too long ago myself. We are going to CTI and I want to do all the water events, especially scuba diving and getting the fiance certified. I would hate for them to be booked up.