Default CSA or CTI (sorry)

I know this subject has been asked before but we havent been to neither although we have travelled to Jamaica before as well as various other trips world wide.We can pretty much go to either resort for the same price, we are going for two weeks and we enjoy good food and drink and while we understand CSA has a better beach its not a deal breaker for us. I have never been to Negril before but i know Ocho Rios pretty well. We are not interested in tourist stuff like Ricks cafe we would have a cocktail by the pool. Any suggestions would be great.

Welcome to Couples.

Something about any question like this. People here will tell you that their favorite Couples resort is the best. Even though some of these people may have never went to the other Couples resorts. Therefore answers to a question like this may be somewhat skewed. The other problem with a question like this is that we don't really know you and we can't tell you what you like.

The good news. There is no wrong answer. We have been to both resorts and we consider both equally nice. Each Couples resort will have similar quality facilities, staff, service, food, activities, entertainment, etc. But each resort will also be different and have its own vibe. Each resort will have it's strong and weak points, but overall they will be generally equal. One thing we have found is that it is not really fair to either resort when you try to make direct comparisons.

With that said...

CSA is the largest Couples resort. It also has the largest white sand beach. Something we don't particularly care about this beach is that the area close to the water is considered public property. Meaning that there is a constant parade of outsiders and vendors along the beach. However, they will leave you alone if asked and security will run them off if they bother you. The sunsets on the Negril beaches are some of the most spectacular on the planet. Since CSA is so large they will also have more bars and restaurants. They even have a couple of bars located right on the beach. If you choose CSA make sure you pay a visit to the Ultimate Chocolate. CSA is the only Couples resort without an AN area.

CTI is the first All Inclusive resort opened by Abe Issa back in 1949 which started it all. CTI has the most history of any couples resort. If you choose CTI make it a point to check out the pictures in the Piano Bar, very cool. CTI is much smaller than CSA. An observation about the smaller Couples resorts. It seems that the staff will get to know you better. You may find a bartender that remembers your favorite drink. You may find a server in a restaurant that will remember your names and your favorite wine with dinner. CTI is the only Couples resort that actually has a private beach. There is a rocky area with a sea wall on one side and cliffs on the other side that completely isolate the beach from the public. The beach is much smaller, but plenty large enough to accommodate everyone. Then there is the island. Do yourselves a favor and give the island an honest try at least once. The island is nude only, not clothing optional or topless. Do something different that you would never do at home. Yes people may look. We're human. But we won't judge or stare. If it gets too uncomfortable you can always put your clothes back on and leave.

Only you can really know which resort is best for you. You need to do some of your own homework. Begin by checking out all there is to see on the main Couples website. Maybe even download the brochure. Youtube is another great place to look. You will find many official and unofficial videos from each Couples resort. Search for Couples followed by the resort name. Eventually one resort will call to you more than the others. Choose that resort and don't look back.

Finally. Make sure you join the Romance Rewards program. You can expedite the time at the front desk by doing the pre check in on the website. There are additional perks if you decide to return to any Couples resort. I would also recommend the Trading Spaces program and spend a day at the other Couples resort in town. If you like it enough, maybe try that resort next.

Whichever Couples you choose, enjoy your stay in paradise

Only 30 days until we return to CSA
    Jack and Kathy

CSA 2007, 2010 and booked for 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014

If we were to go for 2 weeks, we would likely do a split stay & get the best of both worlds. Yes, the Ocho/Negril split would require a 3 hour bus ride, but I think that would be acceptable in the middle of a two week trip (or, split stay at either the Ocho Rios or Negril properties and have a 5 minute bus ride ). Regardless, have fun! (and make sure to go to the gym - two weeks of fun and sun and food and drink will take its toll )

Csa hands down especially since you've been to Ochie before.

Quote Originally Posted by dx052 View Post
    I know this subject has been asked before but we havent been to neither although we have travelled to Jamaica before as well as various other trips world wide.We can pretty much go to either resort for the same price, we are going for two weeks and we enjoy good food and drink and while we understand CSA has a better beach its not a deal breaker for us. I have never been to Negril before but i know Ocho Rios pretty well. We are not interested in tourist stuff like Ricks cafe we would have a cocktail by the pool. Any suggestions would be great.

Not giving us much to go on, but I'd choose CSA for you. If you've already been to Ocho Rios, go see Negril. It's worth a look at least once in a lifetime. Plus if you plan just to stay on resort, CSA has a much larger property to explore. Of course, if I were going for two weeks, I might do one week at one resort and one week at the other. Good luck choosing!