Default Best rooms at CSA don't need beachfront

After a long hiatus I'm back! Hubby and I are planning trip number 3 to Couples last time being a split trip between cn and CSA. Looking at doing just CSA this time and would like your thoughts on the best room category for the money since its been 4 loong years! We do not really need ocean or beach views. Would love your help on deciding! We love both resorts and might do another split if we can swing it.)

Atrium!!!! Got to love the hammock and some have an ocean view.

I'd suggest staying in an Atrium Suite. They are on the "old side", thus are very private. They are also the only room category to have a hammock on the veranda. They don't have a TV, however....which we like...Takes away any temptation I might have to get sucked into a television show or movie instead of enjoying my time in Jamaica. I'm a television junkie at home, but I don't miss it in the least when I'm at CSA. Plenty of other things to keep me occupied in the room (if you know what I mean). ;-)

I love the atrium suites. Most of them are centrally located and away from the road, they have quite a large patio/balcony and just really have that island, rustic, bungalow type feeling. I like the way you never feel like you're staying in a hotel in them, you're secluded in your own little area since there's only 4 rooms per building. So long as you just don't have to have a TV, they are great. The lack of TV is one of my favorite things about them though.

We stayed in a GVS and it was great! We were in the newer section and very close to Patios,swim up bar, grill and the beach! We loved being on the 3rd floor! Better view and more privacy! Road noise was not a issue! Plus our room service in the am was always on time! My hubby can't be without a tv. We would not hesitate to book a GVS again! But we may try one beach front on our next visit!

I would avoid CSA and stay at CN. CSA is a disappointment.

Definitely the atrium suites. You don't need beachfront; some of the atrium suits still have a beach view, but without the constant foot/cart/people noise of beachfront. Gives you a jungle-like feel. The hammocks and large balconies are awesome, too! We'll be at CSA in October for my 5th visit and my new husband's 20+th!

I'd go (and did go) for the Veranda Suites. I just read a write up where someone stayed in the Atrium suites and was serenaded by their upstairs neighbors at all hours of the night. I like the more sound proof rooms.

Been there twice, never disappointed, too bad you had a bad experience. Just got back last week, we did Trading Places with CN for the day and honestly, I thought CN was too crowded compared to CSA. CN is kind of like a condensed CSA and I thought the "hotel" buildings looked run down and somewhat motelish looking. Although CN has a much nicer pool bar/pool and the restaurant was excellent. To each and their own I guess.

We stayed at the Atrium again this year, prefer it. We actually got the atrium building directly in front of the reception building surprisingly quiet and was close to most amenities. We looked at the beach front and later noticed that at night a lot of people walk down the main path and thought it would be noisy with people passing back and forth.

We like the 3rd Floor Beachfront Verandah Suites to watch the glorious sunset every night. Never get tired of it!!

You may just think you don't need a beachfront suite. We've been to CSA several times, and if money is a big factor, then absolutely Atriums are great. We are going premier beachfront this trip, and every trip we can afford to do so in the future. But if we can't, and you can't, Atrium is a fantastic choice and I would not hesitate to book that as we have in 2012 and 2013.

Will you all, please, stop pushing the Atriums. Tell everyone to stay in the new section. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by withadash View Post
    I would avoid CSA and stay at CN. CSA is a disappointment.
    Why?

When we went to CSA in 2008 for our weddingmoon we stayed for 2 weeks, so the room category made a huge difference in price. Therefore we stayed in a Garden room, at that time the cheapest room, and specifically in the older section. You know what, it was totally fine. How much are you in your room anyway? At night we'd sit on the verandah, in the dark and listen to the frogs, and in the mornings we'd have an early coffee surrounded by the lush vegetation. If we want to see the beach we go there. Simple enough. We booked a garden room at CB and I'm not worried. We did have a great view at CTI and CSS, so I'm not saying it isn't nice to have a view when you wake up. So if money is no object, sure, go ocean front/view everywhere you go, but for us if it's between the room category or length of stay/number of trips, I'd pick a longer stay any day!

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    When we went to CSA in 2008 for our weddingmoon we stayed for 2 weeks, so the room category made a huge difference in price. Therefore we stayed in a Garden room, at that time the cheapest room, and specifically in the older section. You know what, it was totally fine. How much are you in your room anyway? At night we'd sit on the verandah, in the dark and listen to the frogs, and in the mornings we'd have an early coffee surrounded by the lush vegetation. If we want to see the beach we go there. Simple enough. We booked a garden room at CB and I'm not worried. We did have a great view at CTI and CSS, so I'm not saying it isn't nice to have a view when you wake up. So if money is no object, sure, go ocean front/view everywhere you go, but for us if it's between the room category or length of stay/number of trips, I'd pick a longer stay any day!
    +1 on that. We got a Verandah suite and seriously, you just sleep and shower in the rooms. Everything else is out on the beach and doing activities. If you spend most of your time at Jamacia in your rooms, then there is either a hurricane or you just dont enjoy the greatness of paradise. Get a verandah suite so you can save your money and stay an extra couple days. Have a wonderful time in paradise!!!

Stash \m/

I've had a lot of fun in the room or on the verandah at Couples. Things that prying eyes on the beach would rather not see. And it wasn't always in retreat from a rain shower. That's why we always got a 2nd floor Atrium.

To each their own.