Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Most favorite-est thing about AN. What's yours?

Not having a wet bathing suit. Seriously, I'm totally ok with being naked. When I swim or hot tub at home, we never wear clothes so it wasn't even a thing. I hate going out in public and having to deal with a wet bathing suit. I'm a hairy gal (I remove it) and it just chafes and itches on wet skin and then I get bumps and whatnot. AN means no bumps, no itching, no rash, no wet dripping. Love it.

I know that sounds overly practical. I also love the connection to my husband and all that garbage, I promise. But my favorite-est thing is the no wet suit.

improvgirl,

I would have to say the same for us as well. It's certainly nice not having to constantly be dripping wet and having to pull my shorts out of my butt when I come back from a swim. Plus the all over tan is pretty cool.
    This being our second go round marriage, we now have 5 kids between us, so I now have 2 step daughters, both grown. When we got back from our first trip, of course the comment came of "nice tan", for which I asked "wanna see my tan lines?" I lifted up the side of my shirt, pulled a little on my belt and said " oh wait... I don't have any!!!"
    Well... the reaction from the girls was priceless!!!

No tan lines.......

Lol! Novastar! That's funny. We don't tan but I can definitely see the appeal if you do!

I can't wait to get rid of my golf tan!!! I could blind people with how white my feet are.

7 full days, completely nude with the warm island breeze touching every inch of me. That's what I love most.

We love how friendly people are. Old or young, thin or not just people relaxing and enjoying the sunshine. Some people keep to themselves, some want to socialize. Oh and the no tan lines and dry swim suits are pretty awesome too

All good answers. For the record, my hubby said, "The nudity is a great level playing field. It makes for a nice icebreaker and you can just talk to people without judging each other based on swimsuits and whatnot."

For me it's the comfort of not having a swim suit bind or bunch up in those spots plus not having a wet swim suit on after you've gotten out of the pool/ocean.
    But mainly it's just more comfortable!

No wet bathing suit and good honest conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by improvgirl View Post
    All good answers. For the record, my hubby said, "The nudity is a great level playing field. It makes for a nice icebreaker and you can just talk to people without judging each other based on swimsuits and whatnot."
    So true... out of our 3 separate trips to Couple's, the last one, when we finally made the plunge into the AN area, was the best and it was simply because of the people we met.

The friendly people we met at SSB

For us, it had been a bucket list thing to do. Last year our experience on the island proved us right. We were hooked. No wet swimsuits. No tan lines. No judging. Find an open cabana or meet new friends. Just a beautiful way to spend the day with my wonderful wife and other like minded people. We have been looked at kind of funny and judged by some for our decision to experience our vacation this way. So now we don't talk to others about that part. But for my wife/soulmate of some 30 plus years, its the ultimate in relaxation for us.

I actually DID end up with a "tan line" on the island. It seems I sprayed suntan lotion on my front and back but left a strip along my right side that just got FRIED!

The most comfort in the world is being naked outside!! In Jamaica or home or anywhere it is allowed.
    Have always found the best, friendliest, warmest, pleasant people on the naked beaches. That alone is enough for us to NEVER give it up!!

Oh yes! I love all of these answers.

Quote Originally Posted by improvgirl View Post
    We have found the same thing. You can meet a millionaire and enjoy their company. You can meet a janitor and enjoy their company. Plus, it is kind of fun to see naked people - and not just for the guys LOL -Sarah

Applying tanning lotion on my husband's.............

Quote Originally Posted by Noleman View Post
    Wow. I have apparently been missing out by bringing the spray.

I like the idea of no tan lines and it does not matter how long after a swim before you get dressed, your swimwear always feels damp to wear where as au naturel it takes just a few minutes for the skin to dry off.

Its also wierd that I am not the slightest bit self-concious when naked and don't care if someone clothed passing-by the beach/pool or just gawping at me from the beach or a boat sees me naked and I don't actually mind if they take a photo of me (and my belly is probably the only thing that's large!!!).

However on a normal beach or by a normal pool, as I prefer skimpy speedos rather than shorts (to maximise tanning area and for comfort) I actually feel more self-concious of people staring and wonder if they think "what's that old bloke with a body like that think he is doing wearing speedos, has he looked in a mirror...."

Also, although you don't stare and don't judge, I have to agree with Sarah about having a quick look as you do see some sights.... I know my wife enjoyed the views but naughtily had nicknames for some of the guys ranging from donkey man to tweezer man. Makes me wonder what end of that scale she would put me in, but I am scared to ask !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noleman View Post
    Agreed! (I mean to my own husbands of course LOL)
    Will and Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Micro View Post
    Agreed! (I mean to my own husbands of course LOL)
    Ha! Now this is a fun conversation. I agree... putting lotion on the wife was always enjoyable, but being able to put it ALL OVER her is bliss. 4 months till we're there.... CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Err, seeing my wife naked all day for a fortnight? Nothing there not to like (not in a facebook kinda way tho'!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Err, seeing my wife naked all day for a fortnight? Nothing there not to like (not in a facebook kinda way tho'!!)
    LOL very sweet!
    Will and Sarah

There is just something playful and childlike about swimming naked..makes for very fun people and a great time!I too, think it's a great equalizer.

HA!! frrrisky and fun! best time at CTI...tanning lotion was and is still good for us both after all the years together. Scott & DiAnn from Pickitup Foundation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast