Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default January 2014: Getting to know you

Names: Keith and Ginger
    Ages: 37 & 36
    How many times to CSS: 6th visit (I think)
    Trip dates: January 20-27
    Room type: One Bedroom Beachfront Suite
    Reason for trip: Annual get out of the snow and cold!
    Where you from: Minnesota
    What you're looking forward to most: Sunset Beach, great food and drinks. Good times without a care in the world
    Will you go A/N during trip: Yup!
    Drink you're looking forward to: Me: salty dog Ginger: dirty banana
    Kids: One lovely daughter
    Level of excitement (1 - 10): 10
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Names: Yvonne & Harry
    Ages: 49 & 55
    1st visit to CSS
    Trip dates: 20th January to 4th February
    Room type: not sure as booked through tour operator
    Reason for trip: Yvonne 50th Birthday on 23rd January
    Where are you from: Peterborough - UK but originally from Yorkshire
    What are you looking forward to: Relaxation, spending time together and to get away from English winter
    Will you go A/N - never done it but never say never
    Drink you're looking forward to: Cube Libre for Yvonne, Gin and bitter lemon for Harry
    Kids: 2 - 1 boy & 1 girl - both grown with 3 lovely grandchildren
    Level of excitement - infinitey and beyond.

Names: Jim & Diane
    Ages: 45 & 45
    3rd visit to CSS (7th visit to Couples)
    Trip dates: January 11-18th
    Room type: Beach Front Suite
    Reason for trip: Yearly trip out of the cold
    Where are you from: Chicago suburbs
    What are you looking forward to: Sun, sun, & jerk chicken
    Will you go A/N -
    Drink you're looking forward to: Diane, Dirty Banana; Jim, anything with rum
    Kids: 3, two in High School, one in Jr High
    Level of excitement - As always, 11

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1794
Size:  249.1 KB
    Jim & Diane

COR/CTI 08, 10
    CN 09, 12
    CSS 11, 13, 14, soon to be 15

Names: Chris and Sue
    Ages: 55 & 53
    How many times to CSS: 4th visit
    Trip dates: January 19-29, 10 days, woo hoo!
    Room type: One Bedroom Beachfront Suite
    Reason for trip: Annual trip to get out of the snow and cold and get some tan!
    Where you from: Illinois
    What you're looking forward to most: Sunset Beach, seeing repeater friends and making new friends
    Will you go A/N during trip: Always do!
    Drink you're looking forward to: whatever the mood dictates
    Kids: Two grown daughters
    Pets: a dog
    Level of excitement (1 - 10): 10

Hmmm...
    Not much traffic here this year. I hope we will not be the only couples at SSB next January.

Chris

I was thinking the same, but at least then we wont be annoying too many people will we?

Names: Jeff and Mary
    Ages: 50 & 51
    How many times to CSS: 1st Time
    Trip dates: January 17-27
    Room type: One Bedroom Oceanview Suite
    Reason for trip: 25th Anniversary (10/1/13 actually, but wanted to wait until it was good and cold in Chicago)
    Where you from: Illinois -Chicago area
    What you're looking forward to most: Not sure - it all sounds fabulous
    Will you go A/N during trip: Likely
    Drink you're looking forward to: Uh, all of them.
    Kids: 4, (ages 18 - 24)
    Pets: Two dogs
    Level of excitement (1 - 10): Well, I REALLY should be working right now, but instead I'm cruising the message boards (again).

Looks like we will overlap with most of the posters here. Looking forward to seeing you. I'll figure out how to stick a picture up here at some point. Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff-Mary; August 30th, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

Hi Guys,
    Less than 140 sleeps now it seems to be coming around fast but not quite fast enough.
    Soon be Cuba Libre time woho

I've been holding off starting the countdown because it seems so far away. I figured I'd wait until we hit a two digit number. However, since you've already done the math, now we can just hitch a ride on YOUR countdown! I'll be sure to buy you one of your Cuba Libres for your efforts. I hear the price is right.

Mary and I are both on an exercise program to get in shape for scuba diving. Anyone else dive/snorkel?

Hi Jeff, that means that you only have 135 sleeps now as you are there 3 days before Harry and I.
    I started counting at 302 and couldn't contain myself anymore so had to post.
    Harry loves scuba, and enjoys having a go, not certified or anything but will be partaking I feel sure. I have tried but struggled, might give the course a go though to see if I can get any better.
    The first rounds on you as I also have heard the price is right, but it must be Havana Club. LOL

So.. you've had a LOT of countdown practice - Excellent! You can be in charge of the official countdown for this thread. I think I can handle subtracting 3 from your number. Just make sure you post at least once a week or so or I'm going to have to break out the calendar myself and then you'll have to buy ME a drink. (I hope CSS carries Havana Club - I'd hate to have to carry my own bottle of booze to an AI resort. You'd have to be a REALLY good counter.)

Looking forward to meeting you and Harry. This is going to be a fun trip.

133 sleeps today folks, soon be time for good food, drink & Company.

124 sleeps left peps.

117 sleeps till party time. So that's only 17 weeks which sounds a lot sooner that the sleeps even if it is just me wishing.

Just under 10 million seconds. Doesn't seem that bad.
    Name:  Countdown 9-24.png
Views: 1511
Size:  57.3 KB

Looks to be a quiet month, too, judging by the number of posts! Anyone else going in January?

Almost 600 views, and only about 100 of them are me, so someone else must be at least looking once in awhile.

Dave and I are in!! 112 days until we arrive at CTI... 115 until we arrive at CSS.

Names: Dave and Mary

Ages: 37 & 44

How many times to CSS: January will be our 8th to CSS

Trip dates: January 21st - 31st

Room type: Ocean suite I think? I don't care which... I'll sleep on the beach if I have to.

Reason for trip: Sanity saver, investment in our marriage, escape the frozen tundra

Where you from: NH

What you're looking forward to most: NOT WORKING, sexy time with husband, relaxing on the beach.

Will you go A/N during trip: Yes!!!

Drink you're looking forward to: Dave: Jamaican coffee. As a beer snob Redstripe makes him sad. Mary: Amaretto sour

Kids: Zero. We have 2 cats.

Level of excitement (1 - 10): 10+

I love that so many of you guys keep going back over and over again. This will be our first time and I don't remember every being this excited about a vacation. Typically Mary will do most of the planning and I'll be looking forward to it, but for cripes sake, I've got a freaking countdown calendar! That is definitely out of character for me. I sure hope I'm not building too much of an expectation here.

We are landing on 1/17 which appears to be the anniversary date for CSS. Have any of you repeaters been there for the anniversary party in the past? I'm curious what to expect.

Jeff

Name:  Countdown 9-24.png
Views: 1467
Size:  26.6 KB

Hi Jeff,
    It looks like I will have to buy you a drink, just as well the price is right.
    I am like you soooooo excited about the holiday.
    But 112 sleeps that's only 16 weeks till we leave Blighty and come to what I hope we will be able to call home in the future.

No worries Yvonne. Your countdown skills are impeccable. I just found that I like staring at those seconds ticking past every once in a while. (Just to make sure they are still moving.) Perhaps the 4 of us can get together and share a drink. Of course, I'm already going to have a sunburn by the time you guys get there, so you'll have some catching up to do. J

Yvonneporter46.

Me and my lovely wife have now been to CSS three times and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We know every inch of that place, inc SSB ;-) and I, for one, am hanging out to go again and again. It really is special. I hope you are going for two weeks as less than that is a real downer when one has to mount the 'going home bus'!

Feel free to post here but it might be easier to email me on jmurray1960@googlemail.com.

Whatever you do, don't leave trying out SSB until the last day. It is both a life changer and marriage enhancer! Read my thread on the AN section here called 'feedback after your vacation'. It gives you all the comfort you need if you're feeling a bit 'British' about public nudity!

Have a great time guys!!

Hi Jeff,
    I think that meeting up is a great idea, not too sure what time we will arrive at the resort on the 20th or as to how well we will have weathered the 101/2 hour flight so can we meet up on the 21st at lunchtime 12.30 - 13.00 in the main pool-preferably the textile pool because not too sure about AN but will probably try it out by the end of the holiday.

Hi Peeps, well we are down to 105 sleeps now - that's only 15 weeks woo hoo.
    I really hope that the resort lives up to my expectations as I seem to be spending at least an hour a day on this site every day. The more I read the harder it is to wait to get there. Hopefully I am not building myself up for a fall as I will be so disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonneporter46 View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    I think that meeting up is a great idea, not too sure what time we will arrive at the resort on the 20th or as to how well we will have weathered the 101/2 hour flight so can we meet up on the 21st at lunchtime 12.30 - 13.00 in the main pool-preferably the textile pool because not too sure about AN but will probably try it out by the end of the holiday.
    Yikes!! 10 1/2 hours, the airport, the bus ride... You're going to need a drink for each hand!

We'll look for you at the pool, but I have to warn you - I plan on telling time only by the position of the sun in the sky and the rumbling in my tummy, and "lunchtime" is about as precise as I plan to get. MAYBE I'll stick my finger up and use it as a sun dial, but I'm not sure I'm willing to go that high tech. Post a picture of you and Harri so we can pick you out. I'll get one up of Mary and myself. We'll find each other. Maybe you two can talk each other into AN. (or, perhaps by then she can just talk YOU into it. )

Double digits this week!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast