Default Appleton rum tour from CSS?

We will be at CSS in October and would like to get off-site to do an excursion of some sort. We have some free money for a Chukka trip, but I can't tell if they do a trip to Appleton estates. Does anybody know if that is possible ( knowing it will be a full day trip)

Quote Originally Posted by stevesoffers View Post
    We will be at CSS in October and would like to get off-site to do an excursion of some sort. We have some free money for a Chukka trip, but I can't tell if they do a trip to Appleton estates. Does anybody know if that is possible ( knowing it will be a full day trip)
    Good question. We are going to CSS in sept. and would like to do that tour also.

It would be a haul. Appleton is in the southwest by Savannah Del Mar. CSS is in the Northeast.

Appleton Estate Rum Tour is about 2 1/2 hours from CSS, which is about an hour longer than it is from Negril. not sure if an extra hour each way would be worth it. 5 hours of driving for a less than 2 hour tour seems like a lot. Just my opinion. When we did it from CN, we did the Black River Safari and YS Falls too, but they are on the other side of Appleton from CSS.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

We're going to CSS in September and I've been a fan of Appleton Rum for years so I really wanted to go on this tour. After talking it over with the wife, we decided that it can always wait until our next trip to one of the Couples resorts in Negril.

Did the tour in April and glad we did it. Went to Appleton' YS falls and black river. It was great to see the rest of the island. That being said I won't do it again. Roads! Crazy, narrow, switch backs and blind curves. We left CSS at 6am in a mini van (I'm 6'4") returned at 7pm. Long day. If you decide to do it spend the extra cash and get a private car not a group.